1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LsLarry

LsLarry Member

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone can help. I flashed a sagem dbox 2x with the latest blade for some friends. It gets all the NThelL channel but keeps chirping and the picture jumps. Some channels worse than others. I have a 1x sagem and no problems at all apart from the odd picture freeze.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have a solution? I might test their dbox on my cable or vice versa and see if it makes any difference

2. LsLarry

LsLarry Member

Ok, just tried their Box on my cable and it chirps on certain channels only. The ber of mine is 0 but theirs is up in the five figures. Please help

3. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

Sounds like the problem box has a weak tuner,try a booster on it mate.

4. LsLarry

LsLarry Member

Just changed the EMU to mgcamd and messed around with the nagra disabling all but 7 and now it works perfectly on my cable. Really can't understand it

5. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

Was going to mention changing emu's but pressumed you had already done that(thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it):)
    Glad you got sorted mate.

6. LsLarry

LsLarry Member

Thanks Wiz but I'm in a totally different area of Dublin to my mates so I dunno if their cable will be the same. I find Blade Trinty for the 1x so much easier to handle. Thank for the help mate.

7. mullingar

mullingar Member

Hi Guys. Does anyone know anything about the remote controls for the Sagem 1X? It was working perfectly until 2 days ago. Its just that now, when I press the arrow to the right or left, I cant see whats on the other channels without changing the channel. Ive tried looking in the menu but cant seem to find anything.

Thanks.

8. SG8

SG8 Active member

The epg may just be gone temporarily? See if it returns to normal.

9. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

Should be in Dbox Menu-settings-Misc settings-virtual zap by infobar.

10. mullingar

mullingar Member

Thanks,
    Ill try that tonight. Its not a major thing but is annoying.

Also,
    Does anyone know if its worth me changing the Blade image V2 by Xenefan to the new Blade image Final? Are there many changes?

11. kirifella

kirifella Member

Hi All,
    I live in Ireland and I red and googled a lot (I mean, A LOT) around afterdown and boards.it to consider the possibility to hook up a Dreambox 500c to my telly. Since I'm such a newbie on the topic, I just couldn't figure out yet if this suits my needs. I hope any of you can help.
    I understand from here, it is actually possible to make the box do what I need, but I'm just not sure about:
    1) Do I have NT* MMDS or cable? I don't have any box or anything else connected to my tv, I live in a fairly new building in Dublin and I just hook up my telly using a cable like this and I'm able to view NT* basic package, which is included in my rent.
    2) Will I be really able to watch all digital channels using a Dreambox 500c? I don't get how, since my current setup (see above) is actually analogue and AFAIU I won't need to upgrade the plugs, but just connect the box to the current ones.
    3) Do you really need to be a geek to setup a Dreambox 500c to work in Ireland? No out-of-the-box (or nearly) setups?

Many, many, many thanks in advance to whoever can shed some light on my (lamer-y) questions.

12. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Are you sure you get your signal from NTL and not from firms like Cable Watch or Broadworks?

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

As per the fact that you said and have indicated by your link that you are on analogue it will not work.

Apologies for cutting across you mgb.

14. corkboy

corkboy Member

Hey guys, anyone got any info or are using The STARVIEW PVR Cable Box, with twin tuner & HDD ready, was looking at this and it seems to be a nice piece of kit, just wondering if it's worth the investment and if it will work in ireland on ChourAss?

Thanks
    CorkBoy

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Please post over here http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/59 as this is the Dbox thread.

16. kirifella

kirifella Member

The wall plug has an NT* logo on. How can I verify if I'm getting the signal from Cable Watch or Broadworks?

17. kirifella

kirifella Member

Are you sure about this? I had the feeling even when you upgrade to digital they just provide a set top box, but the actual plug remain the exact same.

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

As per your link and comment above you said you were on analogue you never indicated you were upgrading. If you upgrade to basic digital with N** yes it will work.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  19. kirifella

kirifella Member

No sorry I didn't mean I'm uprading. I just meant that since even if you do upgrade you don't get a different wall plug than with analogue, I supposed the signal is there and just need to be "captured" by the correct set top box (in my case would be the Dbox). Can you check out this link and tell me what you think? The guy doesn't mention you need digital, but just a live signal, which I assume is the standard analogue package.

20. jock54

jock54 Member

Guys help me out here pleaseeeeeeeeee. Trying to get this dreambox 600t setup.First of all i tried flashing it with gemini-400 thought it flashed ok. Hooked it up to my tv this evening and all i'm getting is a screen with TV SYSTEM WIZARD, its asking me to conferm tv system=pal when i go to save on the remote, nothing happens not even a flicker from the ir.I read somewhere if the box wasn't flashed right or if the firmware wasn't installed that you could have problems with the remote. Do i have to flash the firmware to the box for the remote to work.
    Any help is always appreciated.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.