1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Restart the emu or reboot the box.

2. StuW

StuW Member

Ran a scan last night for first time after getting a unit on trial I have 3 questions that I would really appreciate some guidance on.

1. Like some above I have a black screen for most channels, but I have noticed in the bottom right hand corner there are a series of Icons. One of these is a key which is highlighted in yellow on all channels that are black. Is the fix to this the restart or reboot options or do I need to do something else.

2. How traceable is this by NTL, I have a nokia D-Box and its for a seperate unit from the main one downstairs, I assume providing both are plugged in then there will be no issue. And what action have NTL taken against this.

3. I am only picking up about 80 channels in south Dublin, is this an acceptable amout or should I expect more. If so what would I need to do.

Sorry for the long question, but I felt it best to put in in 1 rather than 3 seperate notes. Also I am reasonably capable with technology but find a lot of terminology mind boggling, so please go easy on me.

Thanks in advance

3. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

Use the settings below you should get 188 tv+radio channels.
    Let us know how it goes.

Scan for Services=all services
    Bouquet=Leave current
    Cable Provider=CableUK 6887
    Fast Scan=On
    NETID=42753
    Frequency=291000
    Symbol Rate=6887
    Sections Scan=on

Then press red to save settings(very important)
    Then blue to start scan.

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  5. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

True,but i think most of Dublin that has N*L cable is 42753.

6. flynners

flynners Member

Hello,
    Since starting to use this forum I have managed to get 2 boxes working.
    I also have 2 boxes that wont work.1 says kein system and the other boots as far as loading kernel on a blade image,it just stops at the splash screen.
    I have tried using IFA following all inscrutions but cant seem to reflash the boxes.Both are Sagems.
    As the boxes are already in debug mode,if I redone the debug mode would this rid me of the bad image or kein system??
    Or if anyone thinks they can use these boxes send me a pm.

Ps will we be able to see the ricky hatton fight when its on?

Thank you

A.

7. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Debug is the precondition for flashing.
    Open a already open door makes no sense.
    You have to flash a matching image via IFA.

8. StuW

StuW Member

Thanks for this it has now captured all channels but stll 90%+ are blank with the yellow key sign at the bottom, tried rebooting but no luck. Its a nokia dbox 2, with commando 6 on. Any tips

9. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The emu is not working. Restart the emu (camd) or switch to a other one.

10. anfar

anfar Member

Hi,
    I've got a DB 600C (running), when I run a transponder scan on a direct cable connection (NTL Dublin), it fails to obtain any lock. What's worrying me is the stats during the scan - the SNR , AGC and BER all hover around 60-80%, 99% and 165000 during the scan, wih occasional dramatic shifts in the other direction. The same cable connection works fine with the cable co receiver (a Pace DC221KN).

Do this mean I have a crap signal coming into my house? I've heard the Dreamboxes don't have great receivers but this seems a bit excessive. If a booster would help any recommendations?

I've checked the Dreambox Guides, Tools and Info with no luck, many thanks.

Anfar.t

11. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Upload the irish10 cables.xml to var/etc at your dreambox, reboot the box, go to automatic scan and choose the right provider.

12. StuW

StuW Member

Tried this but still getting blank screen with yellow key in bottom left corner.

13. anfar

anfar Member

Duh, thanks. I updated the cables.xml (to the irish10 version) and did a rescan and it picked up 140+ channels. I can view a couple of them (RTE 1, Setanta Ireland, City Channel, Eurosport channels etc) but the majority just display black screens. I can see full EPG info for all channels. The BER is 0, SNR is good.

I'm running "pli-Helenite-dm600pvr-20070417-2696.nfi" image and I've downloaded a few softcams and tried testing with them but no luck - evocamd(2.16), mgccamd(1.25) . Do I need additional key files or anything?

cheers,

Anfar.

14. wcoakley

wcoakley Member

quick question,i have the box now about oooooo! 3 months,i want to re-scan the box for channels but was told of the person i bought it that dont as i will loose all my settings. Help Appriecated!

15. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If you got a image without installed emus, keys and rom's you have to install all that things by yourself.

16. anfar

anfar Member

Hey,
    I'm more than happy to try that - would you/anyone have a recipe for getting and installing these files? Or should I be starting with a completely different image? I'm having some difficulty locating various resources, probably because I'm new to the boards - sorry if I'm missing an obvious download somewhere.

Someone on another forum commented that there is a newer pli image that I should be using, and that I should possibly be using evocamd 2.13 as it seems to clear channels quicker but I suspect neither will do any good without the roms, keys and emus you mention!

Alternatively, if anyone has a working image for DreamBox 600C/dublin cable that they are willing to share I'd be more than happy to give it a spin. Feel free to PM me if that makes it easier to share!

17. corkboy

corkboy Member

Hi guys, A little help please??

A friend of mine has a sagem dbox2 2xchipset(intel) running blade trinity. all of a sudden it just stopped working, channel error, so when he brought it to me i done all the usual stuff, re-flashed it and copied my services & bouquets & cable file to his sagem, AND nothing, even after a service scan....??? after checking it says BER: 10485750, SNR: 22000(ish), and SIG: 0/no signal, any ideas???

My box is working at both my and his house, I could really do with your input, thanks

18. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Do you get channels from a scan?

19. corkboy

corkboy Member

Hey mgb17, no channels from scan, scans through the transponders like normal, but nothing, using the exact same settings as my own box, and that finds the channels with no problems???

my brain is getting a little sore from reading all the different threads i've been reading, but i think i read in one of them that the tuner may have packed up, is this likely??

20. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Connect the RF output from the box to the aerial input of the TV, scan at the TV and check the quality of the analogue channels. The box must be powered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.