1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

A Dreambox 600 PVR with a T tuner will do the trick for you....

2. rua11

rua11 Member

Thanks Al, I am also looking into a "The Box - T" which apparently will do the trick also. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

3. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

A dream 500t clone would also do the job. The frequency range starts at 506.000 mhz in Kilkenny and the gap at 266.000 mhz at some clone 500t tuners doesn't matter.

4. Jimme

Jimme Regular member

Would this gap make a difference in Cork (Ch0ru$ MMDS). I currently have a DreamBox 600-T working perfectly at home, but would like a second box so I was considering a 500-T clone as it is a lot cheaper.

5. harboure

harboure Member

Jimme/Or anyone else with CH**us mmds in Cork working,can you tell me what image you are using and how do you get it.
    I got dreambox 600t last week and it worked when i connected up.Found no channels but i presume this was because i had not flashed an image but it did go into menu etc. Flashed one from dream mulitimedia website and now the box is hanging.Will not got to menu just a picture of the dreambox.Before I sent it back I'd like to try the image and terrestrial.xlm file you have.
    Cheers in advance

6. Jimme

Jimme Regular member

I used the Gemini 4.10 image available here.

7. razo100

razo100 Member

hi all.total newbie so i am wondering if anyone has a dbox2 set up in the kilkenny area just running of the c*orus broadband? i only have a c*orus broadband subscription (No T.V Subsciption).anyone know which type of box i need(i.e....dvb-t or dvb-c) and how to split the c*orus broadband so i have the best of both worlds? it was mentioned in an earlier post that kilkenny is an mmds area so i might have to get a dvb-t box but will a dvb-c box work off just c*orus broadband??thanks guys..

8. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The frequency range starts at 234.000 mhz in Cork via mmds aerial and if you are unlucky you will lose 4 channels with a 500t clone box.
    The gap is not a must but some clone 500t boxes have that fault.

9. Jimme

Jimme Regular member

I guess the search will continue so. The DreamBox 600-T is very expensive and the release date for the “TheBox-T” seems to keep getting pushed back. There doesn’t seem to be any other boxes available for Cork Ch0ru$ MMDS.

If it’s only 4 channels I would loose I guess I could live with that on my 2nd box, but if it’s 4 sets of channels that would be a different story.

10. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

A cable split doesn't change the signal format and if in Kilkenny dvb-t is beeing transfered over the line you need a dvb-t box.
    Beside that you should check if there is trap installed at your broadband only feed which block the whole TV signal.

11. razo100

razo100 Member

A cable split doesn't change the signal format and if in Kilkenny dvb-t is beeing transfered over the line you need a dvb-t box.
    Beside that you should check if there is trap installed at your broadband only feed which block the whole TV signal.[/quote]

nice one for the reply.kinda know what you mean.my terminology is very basic so forgive me if i dont make sense. what i did yesterday is if i take the broadband cable out of the modem box and put the cable to the coaxial input at the back of a t.v and put the t.v. on auto tune then about 10 to 15 channels appear. does this refer to checking to see if the feed is blocked?does it mean i am good to go on getting a box??

12. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If you get channels at the tv via your feed the tv signal is not blocked.

13. razo100

razo100 Member

sweet.thanks so much for that.i was one click away from buying a cable box receiver until i read this forum.lucky i didnt!!anyone know of a good place to get a dvb-t box??they are a little on the slack side on a certain well known auction site.

14. Jimme

Jimme Regular member

It would seem that a clone DreamBox 500-t will work for you, which is available from dreamboxmagic and is reasonably priced.

If you want an original box and would like DVR (record to hard drive) capabilities I recommend the DreamBox 600 PVR with Terrestrial tuner (Dreambox 600-T). This will probably going to cost you double the price!!! Available from SatStore or from the same seller on ebay.

15. razo100

razo100 Member

thanks for this info jimme.much appreciated!!!

16. harboure

harboure Member

Jimme thanks for the image.It worked when I flashed it.However on reading the other threads the one where Mgb 17 says that you need to be able to change common interface to mgcam or you have not flashed a modded uk image.Were you able to change commom interface with gemini 4.10?
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/580051#3506673

Also mgb 17 has a thread talking you through after you flashed the dreambox and the link is gone for the terrestrial.xlm file.
    Any ideas where that is Mgb?

And finally for a stupid question /How do you load the keys.Is this done from the net?How do you connect dreambox to the net and communicate??My pc has only one serial port.
    Thanks for ye're time.

17. Jimme

Jimme Regular member

Yes, I was able to change to mgcam. To use the same method you need to have your box connected to the internet (via RJ45 cable, not serial port).

The menus are slightly confusing. You need to enter the "blue button" menu where you should be able to download addons. You should be able to download mgcam from here.

18. harboure

harboure Member

Thanks Jimme.I need to study this a bit more.I've done about 15 hours alreday on the net...but more needed.

19. obiandy

obiandy Member

Hello

Could someone answer a quick question i have, I have a D-box and have had no problems with it on NTL in Leixlip area, just moved to swords area to chorus cable area and scanned on Symb6887 and got error no channels found, can someone tell me if i have to scan using another setting on Nokia Dbox2, using Sport Ver1.7 Uk,

Thanks for your help

20. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

You need to change the Symbol Rate to 6875 in order to scan for chorus cable..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.