1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obiandy

obiandy Member

Thanks Al, will try it tonight and see how it turns out

2. rua11

rua11 Member

Now looking seriously at a Dreambox 500T clone from one of Jimme's links to dreamboxmagic. Very reasonable and seems to solve the problem of Ch0rus MMDS issues in Kilkenny. They only sell the hardware though so I will need to flash a correct image etc.. for Kilkenny. Anyone got any ideas of where to get this? If I flash the image, can I then just run a service scan to pick up channels or will I need more software? Thanks!

3. EC74

EC74 Member

Hey folks,

Got the Blade Trinity CANNOT get it flashed, removed previous Sporster, Trinity wouldnt go on but no problem flashing the Sporster back on to it-

Sporster one driving us all insane Stalling regular enough - Any suggestion?

I'm N*L Dublin

4. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Try another blade, there are around 10 versions out there by now. try IFA and FTP methods too.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  5. scaniaguy

scaniaguy Guest

Appreciate all the info on dreambox 500c in chorus land here in cork. tried all advice, even plugging in to a paid subscribers connection. Still getting nowhere. Am about to give up.
    To finalise Got box thrugh the mail plugged it in ,the rest is history. SHOULD I HAVE ORDERED SOFTWARE OR A SMART CARD TO SLOT INTO THE FRONT OF the BOX. ANY ideas as to what I am missing???

6. glic83

glic83 Regular member

frist of all make sure youre not mmds as the 500C is no good on mmds you need either a 500t or 600t if mmds,you need to put an image on the box my prefered image is digital worldz 2.0 you can get it here it has everything you need in the image keys, cams and the irish cables files,just use dream up to flash it and away you go

7. wcoakley

wcoakley Member

Hey.

I have noticed a few channels have gone such as ABC1 and im thinking of doing a re-scan, is this wise,will i loose channels.

Help much appreicated?

8. glic83

glic83 Regular member

disney dont transmit abc 1 anymore there has been a few channels taken off the line up but will be replaced,vigin 1 is one of the new channels in the line up

9. obiandy

obiandy Member

Sorry to ask but how can i get to scan under nokia dbox2 setting of sym6875, i can not find in the service scan menu and all the other settings don't result in any channels.I am in the swords area and nearly sure i'm on chorus cable. Any adive would be appreciated. Using Sportstar 2X 1.7 image

10. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

Load the cables.xml file that is around here somewhere and that will let you select chorus for the scan....Hope this helps.

11. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

I have uploaded the file for you here:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/71788882/irish10.zip.html

Place the cables.xml file in var/tuxbox/config/zapit.Delete scan.cfg if there also.Plug out box and then plug in again....

12. htctytn

htctytn Guest

Hi,
    I have a Sagem with Commando 8.2 image. I haven't used it in a while but this morning when I used it all of the channels are freezing. They are all there but when you select a channel the picture freezes and might move every 5 seconds or so.

Has something happened recently that I missed or don't know about? Is there an update or something else I need to do to resolve this?

Cheers,
    Paul

13. htctytn

htctytn Guest

Its okay.... Panic over.... Everything seems to be back to normal.

14. eoinf

eoinf Member

HI

I am having a couple of problems i was hoping someone could help me with.

I flashed blade onto my box but i cant seem to get access to any of the folders using ftp software or windows explorer. do i need to change some setting to view/read/write files.

because of the ptoblem i cant seem to upload the files (cables keys etc) so i decided to revert back to my backed-up image.

but now the image flashingassistent wont flash the old imgage.

it keeps stalling during the flash with the below in the command box

can anyone help. im stuck with a box i cant seem to do anything with. i am willing to give blade a shot but i cant seem to get the files over

15. eoinf

eoinf Member

ok got it sorted i was able to put my old image onto the box using filezilla and reprogramme.

very strange why ifa wouldnt work. anyone any ideas

ps if i did want to go back to blade( as i have heard it is more stable) if i reflash what files do i need to put onto the box to have my channels as they were with sportster

cheers

eoin

16. glic83

glic83 Regular member

flash it with blade then when you have that up and running put the services.xml from the sportster image on to blade if you have your bouquets set the same applies for this file

17. wcoakley

wcoakley Member

just re-scanned lastnight didnt pick up virgin at all.

whats the most channels that you can get im up to 150

18. razo100

razo100 Member

hi guys. just got a dreambox 500t. just wondering if there is any other way to flash an image onto it without a null modem cable?just dont have the patience to wait for the cable to arrive. the image i am flashing is D2.0 and i was going to use dreamup software.thanks.

19. rickrust

rickrust Member

20. srevor

srevor Member

Does anyone know if the hatton mayweather fight on sly sports box office is being shown by NThelL in Ireland? If so, how can i get it on my dbox?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.