1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluffer

bluffer Member

Hi I am trying to flash my Dbox2 for over a week now and not having much luck. The error that keeps showing at top of page is "Couldent initiate TFTP transfer (possible file not found). Anyone any suggestions. I dont understand much of this type of thing.
    I dont seem to be communicating with the dbox. I am using a crossover cable.

2. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

the 2x images can be got here
    http://www.techno-source.co.uk/SMF2/index.php?action=downloads;cat=8

1x images here
    http://www.techno-source.co.uk/SMF2/index.php?action=downloads;cat=1

get the newest ones V 1.30 update.

The other site had security issues and are very strict now.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  3. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Something is blocking the request from the box.
    Disable windows firewall, av soft and so on. Set the network card at the pc to 10baseT half duplex.

4. bluffer

bluffer Member

Thanks mgb17 I have checked over and over on the firewall and av systems and everything is off. My latest attempt got it to go as far as loading and all i get is a series of T T T T T and it resets its self and starts again. One other occassion it stopped at "Looking for port of RPC 100003/2 on my IP address.
    Any further suggestions would be welcome before I go for the skip.

5. obiandy

obiandy Member

Quick question for any of the dbox experts, tring to load irish cables.xml file onto a new dbox2 i received recently. Have managed to transfer it into the /var/tuxbox/config/ folder and on re-boot went from have a few cable options to just now having UK bruteforce. Have also tried putting it into /var/tuxbox/config/zapit folder and still i don't see any more cable options on the servicescan menu other than UK bruteforce. I am using Sportster Pro image with no option to use the manual option on the servicescan screen. Can anyone advise as to what i'm doing wrong as it driving me MAD

6. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

It can be in other folders on some images. Some even have it in 2 places, one doesnt work, so even more confusing.

Try looking the "share" folders.

Or just get a new image, I didnt think S pro was up to much.

Try deleting scan.conf too, never helped me much but I hear it recommended. Cables files with no CableUK Sym6887 also caused me problems. It is like it is a default setting or something, and when missing it seemed to cause trouble.

Also it seems to help if your current saved settings are available in the new cables.xml

e.g. if your current saved settings use NTLBF2 then the new file should have that. I think this is where the scan.conf deletion helps.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  7. htctytn

htctytn Guest

Obiandy if you delete the scan.conf file as Ruprect suggested then you will be able to see all of the provider options. Reboot the dbox after you have deleted the file and all should be okay.

8. obiandy

obiandy Member

Thanks Lads for the quick response, will try when i get home tonight, do either of you recoomend another image besides Sportster Pro for me to update it with

9. htctytn

htctytn Guest

If its a Nokia 2X then I would recommend Commando. I have been using this for mnths now and it is rock solid....

Cheers,
    Paul

10. emmaxxx

emmaxxx Member

hi i have a box here but i cant work out what box it is. its small all silver it has a balck round thing at the front its were the light is it has a card slot n it says DVB. the remote looks the same as a dreambox remote except it has DVB wrote on it. is it a clone??. cant u give me software t put on it please. thanks

11. bluffer

bluffer Member

Can anyone tell me why my Nokia dbox2 is only loading as far as Loading Kernel. I have been on Google but the info relating to it is allways in German. I an not seem to comunicate with my dbox via the computer.

12. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

post a photo if you can. Probably a dreambox. I would just try a dreambox image. what happens if you plug it in and hook up a scart?

13. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Try IFA. sounds like a bad flash, in which case FTP will not work, but IFA will. Follow the guide word for word at www.techno-source.co.uk

14. glic83

glic83 Regular member

sounds like an envision 500c almost the same as a dm500c uses the same images

15. glennharf

glennharf Guest

Does anyone know if a D Box will work with the magnet network..

I just moved to a new house and I cant get ntl or chorus in this area,only magnet.

This is the set top box its connected to magnet trough an ethernet conection..

http://www.aminocom.com/products/ipstb/aminet110.html

Would i be able to hook up a D box to this set top box and view all the channels im not subscribed to?

Cheers

16. glic83

glic83 Regular member

i dont think you can

17. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

If anyone in cork with Ch*rus has all the channels can you Please pm me a link to The service and bow ks Thanx a bunch
    Not to up to date with the Irish side of things ........Paul

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  18. reduct101

reduct101 Member

If anyone has cables.xml for Dublin N*L and is willing to share it, that would be fine by me ;)
    o_O

19. bluffer

bluffer Member

I know its probably a daft question to ask but is it possible to get Nokia Dboxes repaired in Ireland. If I don't ask I wont know.
    I have one driving me around the bend and woul try anything at this stage.
    I would even consider the UK at this stage.
    Any reasonable suggestions considered

20. glic83

glic83 Regular member

what exactly is the problem with it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.