1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glic83

glic83 Regular member

2. bluffer

bluffer Member

My dbox only loads as far as "Loading Kernel" It was working fine up to a couple of weeks ago and I started to lose stations, one of the suggestions was to change cams while looking for these it all went wrong. I have tried to flash it with several different programmes but they dont seem to be communicating with the dbox. If my IP has changed would this cause it and if so how can you check since it wont boot for me. I have tried every conbination I can think of over the past couple of weeks but no joy. I would not consider myself any kind of expert other than I managed to flash it when I first got.
    Any help would be appreciated.

3. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The IP doesn't matter.
    IFA assign a IP to the dbox only for flashing. If something is blocking the network that IP never arrive the dbox and flashing is not possible.
    You could try to flash only via nullmodem cable and hyperterminal if you are not able to solve your network problem.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  4. bluffer

bluffer Member

I did warn I was not good at this, what is a hyperterminal?. I am Using a serial cable and crossover and I can see what is coming up on the computer screen. Some of the results I got so far is
    On the Dbox screen I get "Reset" . also dbox2-ifa, Lade Software, Hallenberg.com. I also got Noutrino on it a couple of times but nothing happens after that, it just sits there forever

5. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

What do you get in the IFA screen.
    If you use a nullmodem cable you should get tons of messages.

6. scaniaguy

scaniaguy Guest

Got a dreambox 500 C, had trouble getting it going, got it flashed from a friend of a friend. Working great, have 135 channels. T.V. has been working perfectly. Now I have a buzz (volume) with the box . Is this a fixable thing or is it a normal situ.

7. glic83

glic83 Regular member

you should have more channels than that try a scan with the tunner type set to old,in relation to the noise try turning the volume on the box up to full and turning down the volume on the tv

8. bluffer

bluffer Member

With the Hallenberg IFA and crossover cable and serial cable with the firewall and av system off confirmed. I am getting as far as,
    waiting backup 1152k von 8064k (14%) nfs and it says my server number asin IP address not responding.
    Question; Do I have to be connected to the TV with cables connected etc. I am only powering up the dbox2 ?. Is this my problem.

9. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The backup procedure is not fully working.
    Use the older IFA version 1.5.6. There is no backup at that version.

10. bluffer

bluffer Member

Many thanks to all who responded to my cries for help and especially mgb17, I have my dbox up and running again after allmost 6 weeks of trying. This piece of info may help others that end up in the same situation as I did. My computer runs on Windows XP 64 bit version and since getting it I have had problems with programmes being compatible. Every thing appeared ok when I was trying to Flash the system but with no success.
    Yesterday I decided to try doing it on my work laptop Windows XP 32 bit and managed to flash the system and have it up and running in about 15 mins. So it appears that Windows XP 64 bit might be a bit of a problem.

11. mullingar

mullingar Member

Hi. my dbox crashed at the weekend showing loading kernal so I downloaded Andromeda V2.0 Sagem 1x which seems to be working very well. I did a rescan and seem to have lost some channels. I have lost Zee Tv and one of the adult ones but there are probably afew more gine that i am not aware of. Does anyone know if they are still there or should I rescan again?

12. glic83

glic83 Regular member

have the latest irish cables file loaded?try a rescan they should be there

13. mullingar

mullingar Member

I thought I had it. Maybe not. do you know where I can get it and where I put it? config folder?

14. trentV

trentV Member

Hi All, long time reader first time poster !

I have had a problem while trying to set up recording to PC using one of the guides here.
    The problem is when i turn the SPTS server on, i then lose the picture and the sound blips in and out. (This is for the direct to file mode recording.)
    I was wondering if anyone knows why this happens and what can be done to stop it.
    I am using a sportster image.

15. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

Anyone have the freq of Spedanta 2 on ch*r*s in Cork or Sly Sprt 2?

16. eoinf

eoinf Member

Hi

MY Dbox is becoming more and more glitchy over the past few weeks.

I have noticed the BER has jumped up to 30% and signal has slightly reduced also the analogue stations are coming in a bit worse.

Is there anything anyone could recommend I don’t have a Digital subscription. Could this be the problem?

What are the chances of N*l coming out to have a look at just the analogue signal.

Cheers

17. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I have had 2 nokias go down while running blade final, lost encrypted channels. Changing from evocamd 001A to gbox 001A fixed both of them, after changing you need a reboot and leave on rte1 until it appears. About 4-5 other nokias with the same settings are still OK.

18. clarkeu2

clarkeu2 Member

hi, just wondering if anyone can help me, im apartment sitting for a friend at the moment and while they have been away the n*l codes have changed and so their Dbox nokia DV3 wont work anymore, i printed off codes etc from this site, and spent about 3 hours trying to fix the thing, but no joy!

its quite an old dbox and any1 ive had look at it so far is baffled as to how to fix it.....anyone gota any ideas or even better know anyone who does call outs?

Cheers

19. GA001

GA001 Guest

Alrite Lads,

Hopefully one of you can help, living in Maynooth (new area) purchased a Nokia DBox 2 before Christmas, apparently there is no NTHELL service in the area, only Chorrus (15~ channels analog) but the lovely staff at UPSEE have told me that digital is not available ??

Will the D-Box work on the current feed that I have ?? I was told that I am in a MMDS area and will need an ariel connected to the house (I already have all the channels but with no ariel)

I have tried everything on the box - I was advised from world-of-digital form that the Andromida image has a 'setmylocation' option where the sportster image does not

Will this help or can I take it that as NTHELL is not available in the area, that the nokia d-box will not work ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2008
  20. musohead

musohead Member

Is anyone else losing the +1 stations (e.g. "More+1", "Gold+1") on NThell in Dublin? Do I need a new cables or services file?
    Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.