1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mullingar

mullingar Member

I have a Sagem 1X mate. I assume this is a 2X image???

2. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

ok thats different all together download the files from here and i will get back to you in a few min with the x1 image for ya

3. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

lol it would be good if i gave you the link lol
    http://oggnogg.4shared.com/account/home.jsp

4. mullingar

mullingar Member

Oggnogg, dod you get to do that image for me yet mate? I cant get access to the link you posted without registering for an a/c..

5. Blondie83

Blondie83 Member

Hi, I've read through like a million pages of this thread n what I seem to be missing is HOW TO FLASH?? I've tried changing provider to cableIE...but only UK ones show up, and they all turn out with result "Error no channels found". Hope someone can help me. :)

6. htctytn

htctytn Guest

Hi,
    I've a bit of a wierd problem with a Sagem 2X box at the mo. I originally flashed the box with Commando and then gave the box to a mate. When he hooked it up in his house he gets an error on the screen "Can't Decode Station" (c:1537 u:344/49928) "Waiting for Time".
    The box worked perfectly in my house but he kept getting this error. I reflashed the box using the Andromeda image, again this worked perfectly in my house. Gave the box to the mate again and he's getting the same error.

Anybody seen this before? Anybody know how to resolve this?

Cheers...

7. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

sounds like the tuner isnt getting the feed from the cable.

Is it plugged into the right cable in the dbox? I know some of them are backwards on some german boxes...

8. htctytn

htctytn Guest

Thanks dSleeper. I'm assuming he is plugging the coax into the right place. The other connection is male so the cable won't plug in there.
    I'll ask him just in case... ;o)

Cheers....

9. EC74

EC74 Member

BLONDIE 83 Did ya get sorted ? ? ?

U need a flash assistant which u run while connected to the box- U select whats they call an "IMAGE" there are loads of differnet kinds of ones Blade, Blade 2, Blade trinity, Andromeda etc- An image is basically another name for the software that'll run on the system- Flashing it basically means uploading it

Feel free to ask anything else , not that long ago I was thrawling thru these pages tryin to figure out what the Hell was goin on

10. Blondie83

Blondie83 Member

Cheers, no I didnt get sorted yet! :(

When I got the box it specifically said that I didnt need a computer, but I take it that was wrong? So I connect the pc to the box n then download one of those programs is it? Sorry for being slow, just totally new and confused! :)

With what do I connect pc and box, usb cable or something?
    Thanks! :)

11. Inquitus

Inquitus Member

Hi Blondie83,

This guide gives a pretty comprehensive guide to how to flash a new image, plus how to access your Dbox2 by computer.

www.kleinanzeigen-dienst.de/dbox2/BeginnersGuide.pdf

Personally I found the easiest way was to use a Cat5 crossover cable and cuteftp.

The box I bought was setup for scanning UK, but I am on Ch**rus in Dublin, the solution to this was to use a cables.xml file I found here, I basically ftp'd into my box, found the cables.xml file and edited it to add the Ch**us Bruteforce scan in. Using this scan found all the channels.

Let us know who your provider is, and I am sure someone can point you to the files you need.

Inqui

12. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

You will get all the files you need in my link below

13. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

14. mullingar

mullingar Member

Thanks Oggnogg. 2nd link not working but I downloaded the services and bouguet files from the main section of your a/c. Most of my +1 hannels are gine now. Should I download a new cables file? If so does anyone have the latest for NT£ Dublin?

Should I upload all these files and do a new scan for channels on NT£ Dub???

15. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

When u add thatimage then go into my files and u will see dublin service and boq files d/l both them and add them to the box when u rig it back up to the tv give it a few mins before u do a scan the channels should just appear them files also sort out the missing channels like Bravo 1+ etc etc

16. mullingar

mullingar Member

heers Oggnogg. Ill try that later so...

17. Brystone

Brystone Member

Hi guys,

I've just obtained a Nokia dbox2 and it is only showing about 40 or so channels at present. Is anyone able to assist? It seems to transpond closer to 180 channels but it only allows me to view about 40 channels. Does it possibly just need another or several images flashed on to it?

Cheers

18. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

where are u based and what image have you on it

19. Blondie83

Blondie83 Member

Oggnogg, I couldnt find the software dbox command centre in the link u posted, is there any way u could send it separately?
    Cheers

20. Brystone

Brystone Member

I'm based in Dublin. Image type is snapshot, version 2.0, image name is digital worldz-pro-01 the start up picture features a cannon in front of a number of planets - really appreciate any help you can pass on. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.