1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gith

Gith Member

2. Giddyboy

Giddyboy Guest

3. Gith

Gith Member

Hi All

I apologise for asking the same question but unfortunately I am not a techie. I have tried to decipher the techno jargon but no luck so far. I have a dbox and like everybody else on NTL I appear to have lost my channels, Can anybody give me the dummies guide to getting it back.

4. blissirl

blissirl Member

ye but ntl and chorus are still rolling out universal interoperation i found that the post with the keylist.txt didnt work for me so scousers edit worked for me in cork on chorus/upc/ntl cant make up their minds it seems all to become NTL/UPC in the end ?

5. ronin2009

ronin2009 Member

6. johnred

johnred Member

thanks , downloaded the new keylist and i think you mean i should ftp the list on to the box?????? How do I set the box to evocam and to my nagra rom to disable????? I know these questions may seem stupid but not great on the computer so if i could get instructions {step by step} it would be appreciated...... Thanks

7. reddiver

reddiver Member

Hi,

I have a Sagem DBOX 2. I'm able to connect useing Root with no passowrd, but I'm not able to make any changes to Keylist.txt or replace it. Have also tried dbox and dbox2 as the password but I'm still not able to replace the file.

Anybody for any ideas as I now don't have a work Sagem DBOX 2.

Cheers

8. DufferBoy

DufferBoy Member

Hi Guys quick question from a complete ftp novice.

I have a ethernet crossover cable connected from the PC to the Dreambox 500C
    What is the IP address root,password when using Evocamd 2.14
    I have tried root/dreambox but cannot access the box

Saturday Night and stressed out of my head.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

9. dh307

dh307 Member

hi i just got three nokia dbox working by loading the "Keylist.txt" file onto the box .if this works whats the point in changing the Softcam to Evocamd with ROM7 enabled and does it have to be done

10. bugsy63

bugsy63 Member

Sent you a PM there karl1974.......hope you can help.

11. hytrus

hytrus Member

Hi Guys,
    I had to change nagra and softcam to fix my dbox. Copying keys was not enough.
    Some pictures where you can find nagra roms (on blade), as it's not obvious. hope it'll help someone. First press d-box button the rest is below...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. DufferBoy

DufferBoy Member

I am looking for some help to get my Dreambox 500C back in action. At this stage I am after seriously over reading on the subject and am suffering from a serious bout of braindrain.

As stated earlier I am a novice to FTP. I have been attempting for several hours to access my dreambox 500c to change the Keylist info. I have it connected to the PC via a crossover cable , open the ftp client and attempt to connect. I have tried using the The IP that was in the dreambox network config settings (192.168.123.2 )with the username; root and password: dreambox and I am unable to get in.I have tried using alternative IPs (192.168.1.2) and also tried all the above combinations using the password :dbox

Sorry for being so long winded bout this...but at my wits end here in Cork.

Any assistance even at this ongodly hour would be great...even for someome to tell me what I am doing wrong...

13. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

If anyone is looking for a image for the dublin area i have a file set in my folder below with the Boq&servive files ready for the dbox2 and sagemx2 work away on it

14. DufferBoy

DufferBoy Member

2.30am and still trying trying to gain access to my DB...F*ck it...do all 500c boxes have the same username and password?

15. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

just make sure the ip on the box and the pc aint the same

16. DufferBoy

DufferBoy Member

[/quote]just make sure the ip on the box and the pc aint the same[/quote]

Thanks for the response..both IP are different. I am using the Evocamd 2.14 image.
    Is the password on all 500c boxes

username : root
    password : dreambox

I bought this box preflashed so I am wondering might there have been a unique login for this box.

17. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

just make sure the ip on the box and the pc aint the same[/quote]

Thanks for the response..both IP are different. I am using the Evocamd 2.14 image.

I bought this box preflashed so I am wondering might there have been a unique login for this box.[/quote]im not to up on the dreambox so i dont want to fill you with shite go to my folder below see if there is anything there for ya whatever version your on update it to the next buddy

18. DufferBoy

DufferBoy Member

I bought this box preflashed so I am wondering might there have been a unique login for this box.[/quote]im not to up on the dreambox so i dont want to fill you with shite go to my folder below see if there is anything there for ya whatever version your on update it to the next buddy[/quote]

Thanks for the reply....Sunday morning ...just out of bed...gonna fix this if its the death of me....

I have tried pinging the DB from my PC and it cannot see it. I have tried using the IP that is on the DB Network settings and tried spurious IPs 192.168.1.2 ....192.168.0.24...

So basiclly as a complete novice it is obvious that I am doing something wrong..I have also fell into the trap of over reading on this and am now suffering serious brain drain as a result...

Any assistance would be a act from god at this stage

19. Cupart

Cupart Member

Get the IP address from your PC and adjust the last digit +1 and enter this on your box and you'll be laughing. I.e. 196.254.1.20 on your PC, enter 196.254.1.21 on your box...

20. dangermse

dangermse Member

Dufferboy

give us details of ip address for box + pc (also os and number of network interfaces on pc), confirm cable etc and we will see what we can do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.