1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ieopsrzt

ieopsrzt Member

Oggnogg,

is this reply for me ?????

2. steady08

steady08 Member

Flashed dbox with the Blade image. It worked for a couple of minutes. Stations then went blank. Now the box will not boot up and shows a screen with numbers and letters on it.

Do not know the new ip address to connect again with the pc.

Anybody any ideas what can be done.

Based in Dublin

3. ieopsrzt

ieopsrzt Member

same thing happend to me. I just connected to the box with a rs232 cable and plugged the box into my router so i could use the network card. i used ifa to reflash with another image. I'm not sure if it used the network of the rs232 cable but it worked for me.

Just flash it again should work ok.

4. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

try ping 192.168.0.24

5. dvather

dvather Member

was that the blade image i put up?
    Is anyone else haveing a problem?
    If so I will take it down and put up a fresh one tomorrow

6. ieopsrzt

ieopsrzt Member

lads thanks a mill , i'm back in business !!!

7. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

Glad to hear

8. JimmyMD

JimmyMD Member

9. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

YEAH, the rom setting is the last straw its different for some areas mine only works with 11 on some with seven but just foook around with this bit

lol best O luck

10. eggster

eggster Member

Hi lads,long time reader first time poster.Ive been getting codes for mates here for ages and then for the first time in 2 years my nokia dbox dv3 went down.It has team commando loaded on it.I have all the new codes but just cant seem to find the place to change them on the box.My remote control hasnt got the coloured buttons but the same set up so i can figure that out.Can somebody please tell me how to change the codes.If i have to set it up to the pc can u please give me a step by step guide for the blind!!!Its like cold turkey the last few days with less than 12 stations.PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

11. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

Guide to changing the Key codes on Nokia D box via remote control
    A GUIDE ONLY FOR PEOPLE AFRAID OF PCS
    If the D Box goes down and the only channels you have left are RTE 2, TV3 , Channel 6 etc., don’t do a service scan, if you do you will lose most of your channels and it makes it more difficult to get them back.

NOTE: When I refer to scroll in text below, I mean using the Toggle buttons that are around the OK button on the remote control, the button below the OK you use to scroll down, the one above use to scroll up and down, the buttons to the left & right you use to move left & right. If you make a mistake and you want to go back to the start, press the home button and don’t save changes. To get started follow instructions below:

. Press the blue button and you will be in the features menu, scroll to Tuxbox Commander, press OK.

You should now be looking at the files on the D Box.

. Scroll to VAR and press ok, If you don’t see VAR, scroll to <DIR> & press ok, if you still don’t see VAR scroll to the next <DIR> and press ok, keep doing this until VAR appears on the screen!

. When you find the VAR file and you press OK, scroll to Keys & press OK

. Scroll to Keylist.txt and press 4 on your remote control! It is important that you don’t press OK when you scroll to keylist.txt , you must press 4 in order to edit the code that will appear! If you pressed OK in error , just press the Home button and start again.

After pressing 4 you should be looking at a screen with /var/keys/keylist.txt at the top, 4 or 5 codes in the middle and numbers 1 to 9 at the bottom.

Now you need to scroll to the code that you are going to change, e.g old code is as follows:

N S401 00 587436A3B220CB46 and we need to change it to N S401 00 587436A3B230CB46

We are only changing one digit this time, in future you may have to change more digits.

When you have have scrolled to code you want to change press OK, When you press OK, the code becomes slightly larger and the first digit changes colour to red, this is now your cursor!

. Scroll to the digit you want to change, and then use the numbers on your remote to change that digit to whatever character you want, e.g. if you want to change the digit to 3 , you press the number 3 button four times until 3 appears, the press ok. The same would apply if you want to change it to 4, you press the number 4 button on your remote four times and press OK.

. When you have changed the digit to the new one, press the Home button, it will ask you do you want to save changes, if you are happy with the new change, scroll to yes and press OK.

. You should now have changed the code, to get back to the TV screen, press home.

. In order for the changes to work you need to reboot, press the D box button and scroll to reboot and press OK. When it reboots you channels should be back!

12. eggster

eggster Member

I GOT AS FAR AS NUMBER 5 AND THERE IS NO CODES IN THIS MENU.WHERE CAN I FIND THEM

13. eggster

eggster Member

I ALSO MESSED AROUND AND DID A SERVICE SCAN.SHIT!!!!

14. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

sorry mate your stuffed if you done a service scan you have scanned for something thats not there ie. channels so the box deleted any previous service xml's that where there so you need to upload the service xmls for your area and not service scan, then enter your code but if your ftp-ing the box you might aswell enter the keylist.txt available on this site

best of luck

ps this guide os only for people who have not done a service scan and dont have a PC facilty...as you know not everyone has xover cables and pc's to use ,,,cheers

15. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

16. steady08

steady08 Member

dvather

Do not know if it was the image that caused the problem. It was my first time to try and flash the box. Also added services, bouqets and keys. May have done something wrong while doing this.

Eventually got the box to start using IFA. Put Andromeda 2 on the box and FTP to add services etc.

All is now working well. Thanks to everybody who is providing the info, images etc and very quick advice

Steady

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  17. eggster

eggster Member

DONT SAY THAT.I HAVE A PC FACILITIES HERE BUT IT SOUNDS COMPLICATED.i'D REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF U COULD HELP ME OUT.WHAT DO I NEED AND HOW DO I DO IT.

18. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

whn you did a service scan what provider did you choose? and do you know what image you have?

19. olan99

olan99 Member

I just followed these step by step directions and all my channells are back. Legendary!

20. eggster

eggster Member

CableUK Sym6887.image unknown.team commando if thats any help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.