1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

is that the only option you have? sometimes there are a few. commando makes sense...whwn it boots up what image does it show?

Do you know how to ftp to it from your pc...pm if you want...

2. eggster

eggster Member

I also have brute force for uk/cableuk sym6952.the image is of team commando.3 robots!!!!

3. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

Just a quick recap on ftp tcpip etc.

1 get the ip address of your dbox (settings\network)
    lets say 192.168.1.23 for example

2 get any files you need from the net onto your pc(service XMLs and cable XML's

3 open up your network connections and disable wireless if you have it and make a note of all tcpip settings for all network cards for setting back

4 plug in cross over cable to both ethernet ports pc to dbox

5 change the tcpip settings of your ethernet adapter as follows

ipaddress 192.168.1.22(one below your d box Example)
    gateway 192.168.1.23
    subnet 255.255.255.0

Start your ftp(flash FXP is the most popular)with blade image your user is root and password is root so root/root this will give you access to the files on the box go to var/tuxbox and enter cables in here and var/tuxbox /config and enter services in here, go to var/keys /ketlist.txt and change the old keylist for the new

I usually download the file from the dbox to my pc before overwriting it with the new one just in case my new one makes it worse, this is a back up

restart your dbox and off ya go

4. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

ok, dont use 6952!!

can you connect to your box from your pc? if you can i'll send you updated files.

5. eggster

eggster Member

ftp??? im new to this.how can i connect it to pc.i have ethernet cable if thats any use.does it need to be connected to ur ntl at the same time or how does it work.man im shit at this!!!

6. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

7. Shay2008

Shay2008 Member

Just got my Dbox2 on Sportster 1.7 uk with NTHELL in Dublin back working.

Thanks for all your help in the forums. Sterling work.

If anyone needs a walk through for Windows Vista FTP procedure then let me know. A hell of a lot easier than you'd think.

Keylist available here is the only one I could get to work by the way.

http://www.2shared.com/file/3088334/c1c26f17/Keylist.html

8. eggster

eggster Member

HOW?????

9. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

mate you need to read the threads its hard at first but the only way to communicate with the box is with a crossover cable(ethernet) and if your flashing an image do it with both crossover and null modem cables , use a programme called IFA ,,,hallenberg.com use FlashFXP for file transfer to your box , my advice would be to get familiar with the box as NTL are going to be doing rollovers all of the time from now on

best of luck

10. eggster

eggster Member

I HAVE DOWNLOADED FLASHFX.IM STILL LOST.THANKS FOR UR HELP MAN BUT IM THICK AS SHIT!!!!!!

11. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

4 posts back tells you what to do. You rally have to read the forum ;)

12. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

get your self a cross over cable and then your in bidnezz i know you have an image so your not going down the road of flashing the box learn how to communicate with flash fxp to your d box and you'll be grand file transfering to the box is very easy so get your cable and follow the previous guide to transfer

so #1 you need to get service.xmls for your area im in dublin there easy to get off the net (or your mates box or something) #2 cables.xmls as above and the new keylist.txt file as you have deleted all of them you need to get them from another box or the net file transfer them into your box and your away its not that hard only when you go down the road of flashing the box is it tricky but you have an image so thats cool ......best of luck

and ps dont service scan without backing up your box a full back up of the box is the var/tuxbox/config folder transfer this folder to your box when its running ok and you can mess with it all you like

13. racsal

racsal Member

Hi All
    Only new on site, which looks very informative. Can someone please please help. I think i've completely done in my dbox. As you probably are aware everything went last thursday. I messed about done a scan. And there is no stations on it. Tonight being an idiot i read some threads here and plugged my broadband into the box now commando 6 and anything else that was coming up on my telly are gone.
    I'm a complete technophobe and would probably need to be walked through each stage of getting my precious box back up and running.
    Thanks in advance.....

14. racsal

racsal Member

Hi back again, forget my last message as I done a little jigging about and now have half channels. I know the problem I have is when I scanned the box. So now I need some help getting the rest of the channels back. If I need to connect the box to PC I'll really need some help. I have only got clearwire broadband and don't know what ftp,xmls or crossover cables are. I'm a complete computer illiterate.
    Thanks

15. massy086

massy086 Member

hi guys got mine back workin too yeyyyyyyyyyy but is ther a way to put the channels back in some sort of order as mine are all over the place thanks to all who posted and helped

16. DufferBoy

DufferBoy Member

Here I am back again...after spending the whole weekend trying to get back up and running...I eventually got there yesterday morning...it was my atom splitting moment...Ureaka

My problem now is ...after a hour or so yesterday I dropped my pictue/video again (all bar Setanta Ireland & Euronews)...I then hooked it back up to the PC and FTPd the exact same Keylist.txt file that I had previously updated and I was back in buisness again.

All was well until this morning a whole 24hours after my last Keylist overwrite and once again lost picture/sound. Is this error common, or something unique to me.I was advised by mhill7895 a page back
    You need to telnet into your box and edit the camd_cfg file.

Open a cmd window (go to Start | Run... and type cmd and press enter)
    Type: telnet 192.168.1.13 (change the number to the IP of your box)
    Type: cd /var/keys

Now you need to edit the camd_cfg file - I only use vi to do this and don't really fancy writing a tutorial on how vi works... The file probably says 'A: {02}' change this to 'A: {00}'

That sounds pretty daunting and desperate...I have a DB500C on a Evocamd emu. It there a alternative image that I can change to that I do the Telnet option above.

And if there is such a thing ...what is the prefered image for the DB500C....

Any feedback is appreciated...

17. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Download camd_cfg, use an editor and upload the changed file to your box.
    Restart evocamd.

18. DufferBoy

DufferBoy Member

Thanks for the reply mgb17
    Download camd_cfg, use an editor and upload the changed file to your box.
    Restart evocamd.

As Telnet virgin....what Editor application do you recommend....and if you could could you give me a quick how to guide on doing this....I am worried that I will make things worse by messing with these settings...so the more info I have the better before I to do this.

19. irishimp

irishimp Member

Hi guys,

I was also wondering if someone could PM a image for the DM500c. I have read all though the tutorials regarding FTPing my box, but unfortunately no matter what procedures I folow I cannot connect to my box. I just get the erorr message 'cannot conect to conection socket'

I've tired unsing both the coss over and the ethernet connetion. I've pinged the box; changed my LAN connections/baud rate etc. I can however connect to the DreamUp function so I can flash an image; but I'm even having difficulty connectinbg to this. Once I connect via the crossover cable, it tells me to switch on my box even though its already on?%?

I'm completely at a loss now and woudl appreciate any help anyone could give me.
    thx

20. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

This is a good guide, the code is incorrect though they both begin with 58 and it should be 5B.
    5B7436A3BA30CB46 was on my box, I changed this to 5B7436A3B230CB46

Some people might not have tuxbox commander when you press blue. On many images I sent around I turn this off to stop people messing about. Some people with blade might have found it is not there, especially if your boot up screen is Jim Carrey- (cableguy). To get the option you need to press dbox, go to services, key binding setup, or key setup. Now go to user menu blue, go down to a blank option and keep selecting until you see "plugin", now go back out of the services menu and when on normal TV press blue and do as above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.