1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DufferBoy

DufferBoy Member

Originally posted by Shay2008
    This is not possible with dreambox 500s, and the fix must be done using a crossover cable and FTPing the revised/edited camd_cfg file to the var/key folder

2. Shay2008

Shay2008 Member

I thought this was a Dbox forum not Dreambox.

3. racsal

racsal Member

Hi Ruprect/All other forumites
    Reading your replies etc with interest. Can you please answer a couple of questions for a technophobe. I have a dbox ( commmando 6) which was scanning automatically every time I turned it on, as we are all aware since last week n*l knocked the stuffing out of us. Can I get it back to the settings where it scans itself. Also same thing with starview, I never had a problem getting the codes if they went it either came back on its own or a simple rescan would give me the new codes.
    Thanks in advance

4. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

It is still scanning itself, but getting one digit wrong on the code. I will be releasing my image when I am happy with it. Mine is set to autoupdate but still works when new incorrect codes come in.

e.g. if you get my image and the keys change, then you can go in via remote using the TV, then you will only have to change one digit. Hopefully you will not even have to check forums for the new digit to put it. Then you will save and reboot. Incorrect keys might be coming in again, but this will not matter.

At the moment you have commando, did you put in the right key and then it went down again? if so then you have to turn off autoupdate AU {00}, my commando 8.2 did this. My blade does not.

All the info on how to do this is posted several times in the last few pages.

If people cannot wait use FTP, or tuxbox, then just wait for my working image. I want it working on evocam and gbox though, 1x and 2x

5. sparky26

sparky26 Member

robbie67 fairplaay m8 got it all working thx

6. racsal

racsal Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Eagerly await your working image...

7. PWEI

PWEI Member

Can anybody tell me is there any way of manually updating your codes
    on the d-box instead of having to hook it up to a laptop everytime?
    Thanks!

8. precelly

precelly Member

Hi. I am totally new to this. Last week when the codes changed a friend of mine changed my dbox at his house. When I try to do the same, I enter the Ip address on my PC and my dreambox index comes on the screen (this didnt happen in his house) Is there an easy way to change codes with this index. I have tried putting ftp:// before the ip address and transfer the codes across but not even sure I have the right codes, (have copied and pasted the codes into my keylist file). Is there something basic wrong that I am doing? I have a crossover lead from the Dbox to my broadband, a scart plug going from the tv to the Dbox. I put ftp:// before the ip address, I change the screen to FTP internet explorer, click on Vars, then Keys and then I open up my download file and drag the new codes to the keylist. Can someone please help as I dont want to have to keep calling down to my friend every time the codes change!! (which seems to be happening a lot these days) Maybe I dont have the right codes? Living in Dublin, have a Dbox 500 with N*L.

9. alfredous

alfredous Guest

Hi guys

Updated codes last night and everything worked fine. Today the sound has gone. Any ideas?

10. racsal

racsal Member

Hi Precelly
    I'm new here too. It seems the fastest way to update and get your dbox working again is to input the code manually. You only have to change 1 digit each time. The step by step (remote control) guide is posted 2 pages back. Hope this is what your looking for.

11. racsal

racsal Member

Hi Alfredous. Try your scart lead make sure its pushed into both docks, if that doesn't help try flicking from tv to radio a few times it worked for someone else on here.

12. alfredous

alfredous Guest

Thanks racsal. After all the technical problem solving lately, I forgot the bloody obvious!

13. precelly

precelly Member

Hi rascal. I tried that yesterday. When I press the blue button, there is no "tuxbox commander" so I dont know where to go from there!

14. b4dboy

b4dboy Member

15. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

first press dbox. (second under power on nokia remote)
    now go to "settings",
    go to "key setup" (might say key binding setup)
    now go to "user menu blue"
    now scroll down to a blank space, maybe 4 or 5.
    now keep pressing OK, until "plugin" appears
    if you go too far keep pressing and it will come around again.

now press home (button under power on remote) to get back to the tv screen. Leave this on rte 2 now, and do the previous guide.

16. rickyrat

rickyrat Member

Hi newbie here my dbox 2 sagem has gone off aswell and before i thought to look for this forum i rescanned :(
    Please could you tell me how to get my channels back as I wanted to watch the game tonight, preferably via the remote control as Im useless with pcs
    thankyou in advance

17. alfredous

alfredous Guest

Hello again

Sound gone - one channel only (R#K). Answers on a postcard please.

18. xSc00byx

xSc00byx Member

anyone tell me how to turn auto update off on sagem d-box 2

changed the codes last night and it worked perfect...

got up this morning and their are new codes alongside the codes i put in...and the channels are gone again

19. k11nut

k11nut Member

Hi

I got my dbox sorted.

Do a scan and then set your location!!! My box still didnt work after a scan but came back on after I set my location.

Cheers

20. rickyrat

rickyrat Member

Hi k11nut how do i set my location please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.