1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

they kind of look the same but obviously aren't

2. dentworth

dentworth Member

Hi - I've had 2 dboxes rendered inoperable by this key changing development and I've been reading the forum in the hope that some practical, lasting solution will emerge.

One idea is for a script running on a household PC or server to automatically download the key from a specified location on a daily basis and fpt it to the dbox, wireless or otherwise. It can't imagine writing such a script to be beyond the competence of somebody well versed in programming and networking.

3. keenanst

keenanst Member

what does Cryo sportster do? Do you flash it to the Dreambox or FTP into a Directory?

4. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  5. razor83

razor83 Member

Dentworth, if you've been reading the last few pages of this thread, you'll find a practical lasting solution.....

6. hag1983

hag1983 Guest

can any1 give me a fools guide how 2 put codes into a dbox 500.

7. hag1983

hag1983 Guest

cant find tuxbox commander. thanks

8. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

press blue

it should say tuxbox commander or file manager

9. hag1983

hag1983 Guest

good man. cheers

10. moonboy52

moonboy52 Member

hey Guys,

Unfortunately another "Plz help me" post :p. My box is a dbox2 sagem 2x. Bought it a while ago but just dusted it off about a week ago, where I:

1. installed blade trinty xenefan revisited
    2. installed cables10.xml
    3. deleted scan.conf and rebooted
    4. did a service scan using NTL cable ie bf with fast scan off and got 132 channels
    5. turned off nagra, 3,10 and all
    6. set AU{02} in camd_cfg
    7. changed the keylist.txt to:

N 5401 00 9EBA8FBCFCBC8A88 ;ROM7 AU Key Time Mon Apr 14 19:38:00 2008

N 5401 01 1D89F38CC4DC0BCB ;ROM7 AU Key Time Mon Apr 14 19:38:00 2008
    8. Upload the fixed nagrarom7.bin to var/scce

Took me two days and 133 pages of the thread to learn how to do this :p

My problem is i am still getting a blank screen and no audio. I appreciate that you guys time is valuable so any comments will be welcome. I am in waterford on NThell on cable

Yours sincerely

John

11. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

download unzip and put in var\keys:

http://www.4shared.com/file/43880742/b756ed13/nagrarom7.html

overwrite the old file. this will make your box stay on.

just stay on a blank channel until it comes on. if it doesn't delete keylist and then go back and wait. it will make a new one and update it and come on.

12. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

My advice would be to fully flash the 2 boxes with blade ie. a very easy programme to navigate upload your cables.xmls and service.xml's and reload the new nagra rom auto key update it seems to work quite well in UK and ireland the keys have rolled several times in the last few days and my nokiaDbox2 is taking the hit its coola nd the gang try it http://www.4shared.com/dir/4221132/a307c346/sharing.html

best of luck

13. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

Guide to changing the Key codes on Nokia D box via remote control

If the D Box goes down and the only channels you have left are RTE 2, TV3 , Channel 6 etc., don’t do a service scan, if you do you will lose most of your channels and it makes it more difficult to get them back.

NOTE: When I refer to scroll in text below, I mean using the Toggle buttons that are around the OK button on the remote control, the button below the OK you use to scroll down, the one above use to scroll up and down, the buttons to the left & right you use to move left & right. If you make a mistake and you want to go back to the start, press the home button and don’t save changes. To get started follow instructions below:

. Press the blue button and you will be in the features menu, scroll to Tuxbox Commander, press OK.

You should now be looking at the files on the D Box.

. Scroll to VAR and press ok, If you don’t see VAR, scroll to <DIR> & press ok, if you still don’t see VAR scroll to the next <DIR> and press ok, keep doing this until VAR appears on the screen!

. When you find the VAR file and you press OK, scroll to Keys & press OK

. Scroll to Keylist.txt and press 4 on your remote control! It is important that you don’t press OK when you scroll to keylist.txt , you must press 4 in order to edit the code that will appear! If you pressed OK in error , just press the Home button and start again.

After pressing 4 you should be looking at a screen with /var/keys/keylist.txt at the top, 4 or 5 codes in the middle and numbers 1 to 9 at the bottom.

Now you need to scroll to the code that you are going to change, e.g old code is as follows:

N 5401 00 1AC4BB2D468053FB ;ROM7 AU Key Time Tue Apr 9 17:56:46 2008
    N 5401 01 ABBA68DDBB24DFFC6 ;ROM7 AU Key Time Tue Apr 9 17:49:14 2008

We are only changing one digit this time, in future you may have to change more digits.

When you have have scrolled to code you want to change press OK, When you press OK, the code becomes slightly larger and the first digit changes colour to red, this is now your cursor!

. Scroll to the digit you want to change, and then use the numbers on your remote to change that digit to whatever character you want, e.g. if you want to change the digit to 3 , you press the number 3 button four times until 3 appears, the press ok. The same would apply if you want to change it to 4, you press the number 4 button on your remote four times and press OK.

. When you have changed the digit to the new one, press the Home button, it will ask you do you want to save changes, if you are happy with the new change, scroll to yes and press OK.

. You should now have changed the code, to get back to the TV screen, press home.

. In order for the changes to work you need to reboot, press the D box button and scroll to reboot and press OK. When it reboots you should be back http://www.4shared.com/dir/4221132/a307c346/sharing.htmlnew nagra rom bin file

14. bilko67

bilko67 Member

Hi great thread - but does anyon ehave codes for Edinburgh? Cheers

15. dangermse

dangermse Member

Trevos, there was something similar a few days ago on the thread, as far as i remember someone was out of space and had to delete some recorded stuff. Have a look back, its in the last dozen pages or so

16. EC74

EC74 Member

17. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

18. EC74

EC74 Member

password required when downloaded

19. EC74

EC74 Member

anyone know the password

20. moonboy52

moonboy52 Member

Steo2k8 Thank you so much. it worked :p. some really helpful people contributing to this thread. Im glad i spent the time and read the 133 pages instead of hassling you guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.