1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

It is not there on my andromeda 2.0. I checked var/tuxbox/config

I had updated the cables.xml with my own file a while ago. Some mates have no PC and my scan did not pick up one frequency, 418.25. it scanned with 418.00 but did not pick it up. I am thinking people could use tuxbox commander to alter the cables.xml file to be 418.25 and rescan.

Another way is changing the frequencies in services.xml via tuxbox commander.

Or if there was a way to manually scan on that frequency, can this be done in Andromeda? my manual scan section is greyed out like it is unselectable.

2. lucas2007

lucas2007 Member

does the dreambox change its ip address every time its turned off?
    if so could some people let me know what their dreambox ip is so i could try dat cheers

3. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

It doesnt change, it can be checked and changed in the settings. Depends on what image you have where this setting is. Images can have various IPs, even the same image, since people can change them. e.g. no matter what image I get I change it to 192.168.1.151

4. precelly

precelly Member

Hi. Dont know if anyone can help. I have a Dreambox 500C which has been working perfectly. Now it is only showing one channel because I cant get the remote to work. Occasionally it lets me in and I can quickly change a channel, but mostly not. I dont think it is the fault of the remote as I have new batteries in it, and also the standby button on the Dreambox doesnt work either. A couple of months ago I downloaded a "fix" as NTL were changing the codes so much so could this be the problem? I spoke with the guys in the shop I bought it from and they said to download the new software from dreammultimedia-tv.de website. This is all in German and I cant work it out. Can you help? Dublin NTL user.

5. eoinf

eoinf Member

hi

is MTV2 still broadcast on NTL i dublin , I transfered over the new cables file , performed a rescan and seem to have lost the channel completely.

Any ideas

6. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

yes it is still there its at 41825kh

7. eoinf

eoinf Member

can i search by single frequency or transponder to get it back??

8. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Download the irish11.zip once more and try it again.

9. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

10. stewson

stewson Guest

can you do manuel scan on blade?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2008
  11. Hungryjoe

Hungryjoe Member

I seem to be also loosing alot of music channels etc.. any idea's whats the best thing to do?

I have tried rescans and I am only getting 55 TV channels, where as before I did the scan I had them all accept for the disapearing channels. I have the latest 7.rom, have the cables.xml but I seem to have lost most of the music channels and various others ( I don't seem to be the only one either... ) on ntHell

EDIT: I got it sorted, I just rescanned but turned "Fast Scan" off, and it took a few extra minutes but I got every channel back. Bingo!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  12. dalglish

dalglish Member

Hey lads

can anyone tell me how to retrieve the lost channels such as music channels, set sports 2 & various others. I have the andromeda image & was told not to do a rescan or i'd lose all

cheers

13. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

A scan does run the risk of losing channels. I scanned and got back 2 missing frequencies but not 418.25, my cables file uses 418.00 but it didnt pick them up.

I still cannot find the cables.xml file on my andromeda image, dunno where it would have gone, as I stuck it on since I renamed my searches and recognise them. I do not know if andromeda somehow absorbs the file and deletes it, transferring it to some other file. I never understood how andromeda worked with its "set location" feature.

If I could find the cables.xml I could manually change my cables file to be 41825 and then scan. This means there is no need for a PC, many people I know have dboxes but do not know how to FTP.

I also cannot see how to manually scan with andromeda.

Since U*C can no longer roll keys to mess things up I expect this will happen a lot, so I would prefer an image that can manually scan easily, or have a function to easily adjust the cables.xml file, or at least be able to find the damn thing!

14. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

do you have liverpool, celtic, or MTV2? if not you are still missing some. If you do have them what image are you using and what scan did you use?

15. brock8769

brock8769 Member

Hi guys.

A few months back I put on latest commando onto dbox2 with nutreno. worked a treat for my purposes anyway. Just had to do a couple of reboots every so often. Was away for a while and noticed I have lost some sports and music channels amongst others sci fi been another. I cannot rescan as they will all disappear or so I discovered at the beginning.

Is it a case of updating cable files and if so where would I find one for N*L South Dublin. If not is there a new image to flash that will resolve the problem. I have read the last few pages of the forum and don't know what the solution is. Still nervous of screwing up my boxes by tinkering too much.

16. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I just posted my working N*L services.xml and bouquets.xml files in oggnogg's folder

go to

http://oggnogg.4shared.com/

/Dbox/Dublin Services & Bouquets working

zip file is "Dublin Service Bouquet June 08.zip"

Unzip and stick them both in
    /var/tuxbox/config/zapit

You can just use the services.xml if you want your old bouquet, but they changed filmfour, filmfour+1, the adult channel, and some kids ones. If you do not change to my bouquet these will appear at the end and can be moved back into place yourself.

I think some of my frequencies are not exactly right, but they are confirmed working on 3 boxes so far.

17. brock8769

brock8769 Member

Thanks Ruprect. Ill give it a go over the weekend and let you know.

As always you guys are the best.

18. ronin2009

ronin2009 Member

Hey Guys
    I have a box on N*t*L and the other day the picture has gone Black and white, i have checked all the connections they are secure and the tv directly to the pipe is colour.

i can't for the life of me figure out why this has happened.
    does anyone have any ideas about this? could it be a hardware issue or software?

thanks in advance

19. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

how well did you check connections, pull them all out and push in well, check the scart on a dvd player, have you checked your video settings, try different ones.

20. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Check the video settings if the output is set to rgb. S-video give you black and white via scart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.