1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

UK 6887 or any other other selected provider is only a fallback if the netid scan fails.
    The netid scan is simply a network scan via the network information table.

2. gosplan

gosplan Member

Hey Ruprect, all 145 channels or so are there, just not working.

What's best way to proceed? Should I just update rom7? As I've scanned, do I need to change the scan, services and bouquet files again or does that make any difference.

Any idea where I can find a new rom7 file or how to update it?

Thanks

3. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

get the nagra 7 file on anyway, get it here

http://www.4shared.com/file/44158482/c6299f5e/nagrarom7.html

the file goes into the keys folder, overwrite the existing one.

your scan may be OK, when the rom 7 file kicks in you will see if you have all channels or not. if they do not work right then put on the services again.

If it still doesnt work I will have my fully updated andromeda file in oggnoggs folder at the weekend.

4. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I put on a fresh andromeda and did the change and scan and it worked fine. I checked the scan.conf and it had the netid=42753 in it. While on my own andromeda no matter what region I pick the netid line does not appear.
    So instead of changing the setmyloactions.config I am just editing the scan.conf and added in the missing line. This works and I have a mate who did it via tuxbox commander and it worked fine, all 145 channels back. Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks for that. I think I understand more now, it is sort of like a pin code once you have it then it calls in the correct frequencies. My scan worked on any provider I tried.

Below is the guide I made for my mates to fix their boxes via tuxbox commander. Much of the guide is robbed from the previous keylist.txt editing guide. Note the guide is for N*L cable dublin.

If anybody knows the netid and freq for N*L mmds in dublin please let me know.

There are 2 things to do, edit a file, and rescan. In future all you should need is the rescan, they will start messing about more often now but a rescan is very simple compared to editing the file.

EDITING THE FILE.

1. Press the blue button and you will be in the features menu, scroll to Tuxbox Commander, press OK. You should now be looking at the files on the D Box.

2. Scroll to TUXBOX and press ok, If you don't see TUXBOX, scroll to VAR and press OK. If you do not see VAR then scroll to <DIR> in the top upper left of the screen & press ok. Either way you want to be in TUXBOX

3. When you have clicked OK on TUXBOX scroll to CONFIG & press OK

4. Scroll to SCAN.CONF and press 4 on your remote control (SCAN.CONF will not be visible, you must scroll downwards and it will be on the next page). ***It is important that you don't press OK when you scroll to SCAN.CONF , you must press 4 in order to edit the file. If you pressed OK in error , just press the Home button and start again.

5. After pressing 4 you should be looking at a screen with the following (or similar)

TP_fec=1
    TP_freq=
    TP_pol=0
    TP_rate=
    TP_satname=
    TP_scan=0
    bouquetMode=2
    delivery_system=0
    diseqcMode=0
    diseqcRepeat=0
    satCount=0
    satNameNoDiseqc=DUBLIN FAST
    scanSectionsd=0
    scanType=3
    scan_mode=0

(Note if you see weird boxes at the end of the lines press blue once)

You must change this to look like this (there may be a new line to be entered netid=42753, also if it doesnt say "DUBLIN FAST" do not worry this does not matter.)

TP_fec=1
    TP_freq=291000
    TP_pol=0
    TP_rate=6887
    TP_satname=
    TP_scan=0
    bouquetMode=2
    delivery_system=0
    diseqcMode=0
    diseqcRepeat=0
    netid=42753
    satCount=0
    satNameNoDiseqc=DUBLIN FAST
    scanSectionsd=0
    scanType=3
    scan_mode=1

To change them just scroll down to the line and press OK, then move the cursor right to move across to where you want to enter numbers using the numbers on the keypad, press until the number appears, just like a text message. If entering the same number twice you have to press right to get to the next space, just like texting. Press OK to edit the line, and OK again when finished. To change scan_mode=1 just highlight the 0 and press the up arrow to get it to show 1.

the ones to change should be:

TP_freq=291000
    TP_rate=6887
    netid=42753
    scan_mode=1

To enter the "netid=42753" line scroll down to "satCount=0" and press green, this puts in a new line above it. If the line is already there just change/enter the numbers

Press ok on this new line and you can edit the line. Again letters are like a text message, the bottom of the screen shows which number will give the correct letter. The = is got by pressing number 1 3 times.

6. When you have changed all the lines, press the Home button, it will ask you do you want to save changes, scroll left to yes and press OK.

7. Now press home again get back to the TV screen.

8. Press the D-box button and scroll to service and press OK.

9. Scroll to "RESTART NEUTRINO" and press OK. This will take about 10 seconds and then go back to the TV screen. now you are ready to scan.

SCANNING FOR CHANNELS.

1. Press the D-BOX button, scroll to service and press OK.

2. Scroll to SERVICE SCAN and press OK.

3. Scroll to START SCAN and press OK.

Now all the channels should scan in, there should be approx
    TV-145 RADIO-35 DATA-9

4. When the scan is finished keep pressing home until you are back to the TV screen, flick around if there is nothing on screen, if there is still nothing try switching it off and on again.

All the channels will be back but some will have moved to the very end, around 136 onwards, these can be moved back using bouquet editor in the service menu.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  5. eoinf

eoinf Member

hi i just got a new box cause i spilt beer into my old one and naturally it stoped working.

so i got a new one but it has laky pro on it.

i can seem to connect to the box with ftp software and windows but i cant view any folders .

is this a setting on the box or on the PC.

any help greatly appreciated.

6. markeboo

markeboo Member

Hi guys,
    Im in cork and certain chanells no longer work. Any one have the freq. for these channels:
    E4+1
    The adult channel
    Nasn.....etc.

7. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

sometimes when ya get connected to your box it wil be a blank screen just hit the folder tab (with up arrow on it)(flash fxp) and your in here's a link for blade trinity final with the latest channel settings roms etc(june 08)

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/4221132/a307c346/sharing.html?rnd=10

8. bdale2

bdale2 Member

ruprect followed your instructions but have a problem.. no netid on my image (andromeda 2).. help ha

9. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Read it again, I say how to enter the line.

So have satcount highlighted, press green and a new line appeard, press ok on that line and you can enter the full line netid=42753

10. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

What was your old box? did the beer go down on particular side?

How much would you sell it for?

11. bdale2

bdale2 Member

Ruprect did what ur instructions said... put in that extra line for the nedid.... tried to do a scan and all that happens is in a matter of a second msg comes up saying transponder scan finished sucessfully.... box wont work till its re booted.. and then its the same as before.. same channels missing.. am demented

12. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

did you get 145 channels detected?

Which are missing, if you have rte2 but not rte1, then it is probably a emu issue, does your andromeda have the new rom7 file?

oggnoggs folder has images with the new rom file
    http://oggnogg.4shared.com/
    I have put my recent services file there too. The one called june 08
    in Dbox/Dublin Services & Bouquets working

But I should have blade quad for dublin hosted there by tomorrow night with the new services, and the scan netid setup for dublin.

13. bdale2

bdale2 Member

no I done it on the remote... it wont scan (never did) anyway.. when you try to go into service scan it only scans for a second or so and that message comes up on it... think scanning has been disabled on it for some reason.... same channels missing film 4 uktv drama etc..

14. TomDunne

TomDunne Guest

Still working NoeL TayLor, hate that..try harder try harder...........

15. TomDunne

TomDunne Guest

4 code changes in 1 minute and still working ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

16. Kaceman

Kaceman Member

Hey ruprect - do you actually repair DBOXs ? I have a friend who bought one and we reckon the tuner is gone and needs replacing. He is desperate to get it fixed. If you don't fix them yourself, do you know anyone who does in Dublin ?

Thanks

17. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

Are U for real or just messing ??????

18. gosplan

gosplan Member

Hey Ruprect,

still no joy on this. Waited and no decode so replaced services. Still says 'decode pending' on the channels I don't have but it never comes through.

19. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I fixed a nokia tuner before, but don't know how! just opened and closed it. I have a broken sagem and I know it is the power supply that is gone since I swopped a working one in and it was OK. So I wouldn't say I really know how to fix them, just followed guides online.

They are not really worthwhile getting fixed in a shop, i.e. the parts & labour will probably end up the same price as a new one.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  20. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Press blue twice to get in the andromeda menu, go to the EMU menu and make sure EVOCAMD is active. Then go to the "nagra ROMS enable/disable" menu and make sure ROM7 is enabled.

Xenafan releases some images with GBOX enabled, and this will not autoupdate. If you had gbox enabled, do the above, reboot and leave on BBC1 for a while.

RTE1 now seems to be FTA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.