1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darconio

darconio Member

Hi ruprect
    I just flashed my box with your image but I still got C4 and sky1+2 missing.
    Also how do you set teletext?
    It is supposed to be the green button but when I press it I get few seconds a message in the lcd and nothing happens.
    By the way Blade quad rocks!

2. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

3. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

You can dump on the services file in the link above. That image is now out of date, they are going to keep doing this though. You should just do a rescan, my quad should be set up right, so do not change the scan settings. it should have the netid listed in it. A scan will result in them coming in at the end of your channel lists, you will also be missing playboy and attheraces.

My teletext is working fine. Are you certain the channel you tried even has teletext?many do not, try RTE1. If still not working, press dbox, go to settings, go to keybinding, go to user menu green, keep pressing until you see videotext. then go back out. You can customize all the colour buttons there, and add in more functions. I like them to be one hit buttons, rather than bringing up a menu.

I wrote this guide for some mates to resort channels.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

When you press OK you see the channels are sorted in batches called bouquets, entertainment, films music etc. when you rescan the missing channels end up at the end and you have to move them back. Also you can alter the batches themselves. e.g. you can move sports to the top, this will mean sky sports is now channel 1 on your remote, and rte1 will be shifted to the end. If you were to press red to get the big tv guide list sports would be first.

MOVING/RESORTING CHANNELS.

1. Press the D-BOX button, scroll to SERVICE and press OK.

2. Scroll to BOUQUET EDITOR and press OK.

3. Now you will see all the bouquets. There should be 2 called UNSORTED, go to the last one and press OK. All of the channels that recently changed should be listed in there. It might have some weird ones you do not recognise which are not channels, they are NTL data stuff, e.g. one is called martin, another might be CPL. Try and remember a few channels that should be in a certain bouquet, e.g. the ones usually in ENTERTAINMENT, like E4+1, channel 4, sky 1&2

4. Press HOME to get back to the original list. Now highlight the bouquet you want to edit and press OK, say FILMS. Now you will see the list of channels.

5. Press the green button to add channels. This brings up all of the available channels you can pick from, listed A-Z. If you scroll up or down you will see channels have green dots beside them, this means they are in that bouquet. Go to film four, and film four+1 and press OK on each of them so the green dot is beside them. Pressing the Volume +/- buttons skips up or down a page for quicker picking. You can also unselect channels here if you wanted. Films should be fine but you might want to turn off all those euronews channels, american sports etc. You can also add channels normally in other bouquets, and they will not be deleted from the other bouquet, this means the same channel is available on 2 channel numbers. When you picked the channels you want press HOME.

6. Now you will see the Films bouquet again, if you press up you will go directly to the end of the list where the newly added channels are. When they are highlighted you press yellow, now a yellow dot will be beside the channel and you can move it up to where you want on the list, then press OK to put it there. You can resort all the channels or delete them using the red button. If deleted they can still be added to other bouquets later from the A-Z list. There are some channels I didn't know where to put, e.g. fashion TV is in music. When they are sorted press HOME.

7. At this stage it is best to press HOME again. It will ask if you want to save the changes so highlight Yes and press OK, or just press red. Now press OK to go back into bouquet editor again. When you do this it updates the UNSORTED bouquet at the end. If you moved added a channel then it will not appear in the unsorted bouquet. So if you missed any it will stand out more now and you can add it to the bouquet it should be in. Just follow the steps above for all bouquets.

NASN is the US sports channel, BUZZ TV is some new channel (pretty crap), a few kids ones are back, setanta Ireland is a duplicate so you do not have to bother with it.

-That is pretty much all you really need.

8. To move a bouquet it is the same as moving channels, e.g. go to SPORTS, press yellow and you can move it up or down, and press OK to where you want. But now all your original channel numbers will have changed, expect those above it.

9. You can add a brand new bouquet by pressing GREEN in the bouquet editor. This will bring up a screen where you can name it what you want. Now you can add channels to the new bouquet, these will be duplicates, so you could have your favourite channels listed in it, but they will also be still in their original bouquets too. Then you could move it to the end of the bouquets, this means the channels in it would start around 140. So RTE1 would be available on 1, or 143 if you wanted. When you turn on the box you can press OK and press up to pick your special bouquet, now all your usual channels will be listed in a row. Also it means when you pick a channel in that bouquet you can just press up or down to flick between your favourites easily.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  4. dalglish

dalglish Member

Lads,

has everyone on andromeda lost loadsa channels includin bbc1 & 2 ,utv, channel 4 , uk drama, setanta 2 and all music channels?

if so is there anything u can do to get back. there seems to be a few goin everyday now !!

Cheers

5. ElboW316

ElboW316 Member

Ruprect - cheers for your reply a couple of days ago.

Is there a fool-proof(!) guide out there for how to flash a new image to a Dbox which was working until a few days ago?

I can already ftp to the box etc but I'm not sure how to about flashing a new image

6. SG8

SG8 Active member

Kieran,

First you have to turn on the youth protection option, ON LOCKED BOUQUETS, and then in boquet editor you select the channels you want to lock access to.

7. darconio

darconio Member

Thanks ruprect for the latest service files.
    For what regards the teletext I don't know what's happening I also flashed another image (sportster 1.7) but it is not working anymore.
    I think I will go back to my old image and update the services with your up to date file
    Should I also modify the scan.conf with

TP_freq=291000
    TP_rate=6887
    netid=42753
    scan_mode=1

Are these settings valid for any image?
    Thanks

8. ElboW316

ElboW316 Member

Ruprect - your a legend.
    Stuck the Blade Quad image on to my dbox and all is now working fine.
    A quick channel scan picked up Sky 1/Sky 2/Channel 4 etc.

Thanks for your help.

9. john1980

john1980 Member

hi just got this info on my cable provider from some one Dungarvan is served by Casey Cablevision the only provider with an licence outside of U*C, I think you will find it quite difficult to get it working. cable.xml doesnt cover them.) and just wondering does this mean the dbox wont work in dungarvan im willing to pay any one that can come to dungarvan and get it working

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

John I gave you that info here and elsewhere, Casey is a different ballgame with little or no info. Do you have a subbed box from them?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  11. stu665

stu665 Member

Im using a sagem dbox 2 updated with the new nagrarom7.bin file. Most channels are working. Im in the telepest Glasgow area of Scotland and i cannot receive virgin channels or bravo+1 and living+1. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

12. john1980

john1980 Member

hi sc0user yes thats your info and thank you i didint say who gave me info as i taught it would be best yes i have a box from them hasint any brand name just a model number its driving me crazy having a dbox that has no channels

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  13. kieran57

kieran57 Member

sg8 can you tell me in simple lingo.how to go to youth....as im not well up on the box.Thanks Kieran.

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

John honestly as I said you will find it quite difficult. I havent enough info on Casey, I am in your area sometimes but havent had the opportunity to have a look at the system. As I said they are the only independent digital operator outside U*C on cable. Their subscription base is quite low,hence why the lack of info.

15. john1980

john1980 Member

thanks for reply just wondering the nxt time your in my area would you give the box a quick look just to be sure i havint a dodgy sagem box thanks again

16. Jayor222

Jayor222 Member

17. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I actually just tried that yesterday and it didn't work for me. It was either 1.7 or 1.75. Maybe there is some other way to do it. When I changed scan.conf and then went to scan there was no mention of the netid on the screen. It might no support it at all.

18. darconio

darconio Member

I eventually flashed with commando and I have to say that I am really impressed by it.
    I changed the scan.conf settings via the dbox menu and so far everything looks good

19. kramer1

kramer1 Member

20. kramer1

kramer1 Member

Sorry got the last post all wrong,just want to say thanks to Ruprect for the easy step by step tuxbox commander fix,got almost everything back except for channel 4 and sky 1+2,I'm not great on the technical end and this was my first time to give it a go, so my brain still has a bit of life in it yet.

Thanks a mill!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.