1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stu665

stu665 Member

I have aquired a nokia dbox2 recently. No matter what image i flash to it the box only receives s*y sports 1 and 3 and no other channels. It wont even pick up free to air stuff like bbc1 and the likes. I have replaced the bfg94 ic in the tuner but still no difference. I thought the tuner was gubbed but if it receives s*y sports 1 and 3 perfectly then i can only assume that the tuner is ok. Has anyone alse experienced this problem and if so, how is it corrected?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated,

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  2. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

what area are you based in...?

3. stu665

stu665 Member

Im in North Lanarkshire on the old Telepest provider Oggnogg. Every other box ive tried on my ystem works perfectly...just this one rogue doesnt want to play lol

4. bazzit

bazzit Member

Hi Guys

Do you know if I can use the DBOX2 in Arklow,
    have Noel TayLor just basic service.

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thought it was Ch**us in Arklow and analogue only. Have you rang to check if you have a subscription call them.

6. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

If it ain't broke don't fix it! They updated 10 & 11, when enabled they still usually bring in the incorrect keys for me, if yours is working with only 7 enabled then there would be no difference at all if you put them on. There was talk of them possibly not using 7 anymore and changing to 10 & 11, if this happens you will hear about it and then you can change, no need now, it may never happen.

Any images I post up will have them all updated, but no need for it yet. In fact if you are running gbox on blade/andromeda and using the key transfer you should only have rom 7 enabled. I think there is a small chance of rom 10/11 putting an incorrect code in the top of your keylist.txt file, then the transfer only takes the top 2 codes so could possbily put wrong ones into the nagra gbox file (not sure, but if gbox transfer is not working make sure only 7 is enabled, and delete your keylist.txt file)

7. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Yes, just ring and ask if you can get digital, if they say yes as if you would need an ariel on the roof, I am not certain but I think most mmds will need an ariel, maybe some estates have a central one though. or just blantantly ask if it is mmds digital. A dbox can do both cable and mmds, dreamboxes and some other boxes need a special box, just for mmds.

I expect you would have got letters in the door offering digital if it was available.

8. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Have you had another box working on the exact same feed? if so back up its image and transfer it on, if you havent already tried it.

You can get weak signals sometimes and it will not scan in the channels, but if the services is correct it will get display them no problem, (just not scan)

9. stu665

stu665 Member

Ive had several different boxes, sagem 1 and 2 chip and nokia 2 chip, all working on the exact same feed ruprect. Ive also tried backing up a working image and using that on the dbox also but the exact same problem is still there. Ive ftp'd working services and bouquets files to it and it makes no difference, i still only receive spy sports 1 and 3, but not 2. I have also replaced the BFG94 IC in the tuner and this has made no difference whatsoever, my brain is just about fried with this lol.

10. padshea

padshea Member

Uh-Oh Ive a problem!!

Am flashing my dbox with the Blade image but the flash process has stalled at the 'Writing Flash-Programming Flash' Global Progress is over the halfway mark. stage.

There has been no progress for 20 minutes.

Any advice on what to do??

11. blissirl

blissirl Member

Finally got the cork box to scan had tried ALL of the blades ALL of the others too 2X_Sportster_1.10_RC006_UK_10April07 (oggnogg and the irish cables.xml img7 (saw all the edited FREQs and symbol rate was bang on too from my subbed box i saw that and scanned for cork chorus BF bang all transponders the lot woo hoo.) i think his nick was the right combo for me on nokia db2 .
    Now got all channels back hurray and alot more stable due to corrected frequency scans well done lads broke me ballox for so long now im satisfied i can work away on me own thanx to all in here keep it up.

For the life of me none of the other images apart from this one is the only one to have ever scanned in cork for me even with the cables.xml and cleaning bouquets etc.

12. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

You got a bad/stalled flash, it probably has no IP now so you will have to use IFA to flash it on. I have had this problem with blade on a few dboxes, don't worry though IFA should fix it. Just reboot by pressing the 2 outer buttons on the front of the box at the same time. The image will probably freeze while loading or have a kein system notice on the LCD.

Well done, thought you would have fecked it out the window by now ;)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  13. urma

urma Member

can anybody help, i have a eurovox and n*l in dublin and i cant get lfc tv does anybody know how to get it back?

14. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

urma, try & stick to one thread :)

15. Cupart

Cupart Member

Hmmm, switched on my box 10 min ago and error message: No Channels found.

I'm on N*L DUBLIN and tried to rescan but without any luck.

Any one with the same problems on a DBox2 (Blade Quad)?

Cheers and thanks for any ideas...

//F

16. keakee

keakee Member

hey ruprect you answered a query i had last week told me to ifa blade quad image to my d box only got a chance to try it at the weekend the prob i hav now is it keeps saying transfer unsuccessful in ifa tried it loads of times have followed all the manuals step by step can't figure out were goin wrong any advice?? using a null modem cable as well as crossover thanks in advance u know anyone who cud fix it d18 area...

17. Cupart

Cupart Member

Problem solved. I guess the image I was on did some f-up so I changed to Trinity and this solved the problem...

18. JR25

JR25 Member

Afternoon guys. I'm trying to flash the new blade quad image. I'm usinf the flash assistant programme. It worked alreight before but now when I try it gets about half way across and then it doesn't move any further. I've left it for up to an hour and still no luck. It doesn't give an error message, just doesn't finish.

Any help would be appreciated.

19. EC74

EC74 Member

Hey Folks,

Droppin channels on the Dbox2 over last few weeks updating itself fine with the code rolls, I'm on the Latest Commando image

Is there a general consensus that the new Blade Quad is the Dogs B****X now???

Is it set up the same for Dublin, channel lists etc set up brilliant

20. EC74

EC74 Member

I've Flashed loads of times with different Images the simple rule is just keep tyryin, I've had to try sometimes like 50 times before it flashed correctly, just keep at it & if not Ruprect & Oggnogg on here be the all knowing all seeing wonder geniuses u need :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.