1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigKnack

BigKnack Member

Has anybody got the N0kia dbox 2 (with 2 chips) up and running on Chorus in Co. Kildare ???

If so, what image did you use and what adjustments did you have to make to it?

I'm going cracked here trying to get it going, used loads of different images and so called fixes. I've spent hours and hours trying to get it working, can anyone please plase plase help???

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Did you try the frequencies I gave you?

3. BigKnack

BigKnack Member

Yeah I tried the frequencies you gave me. What I did was edited the cables XML file and copies it across, just one thing, you gave the frequencies to me in the following format (324.000) I tried using them this way, also tried 324000 and 3240000 because I wasn't sure about the dot, but still didn't find any channels. What is the correct format?

I also tried changing the symbol rate and tried both 6887000 and 6875000. Do you know what the correct symbol rate is?

Have you heard of anybody set up om a DBox in Kildare on a Ch0rus connection?

I've been digging around again this morning and see that some people are connected using the starview and eurovox type of boxes.

There also was a mention that the box I'm using may need dvb-t or soething like that, any ideas?

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

OK the info I gave you was correct so should have worked if you have a live feed. You have to replace the cable.xml to the right directory. Some images have it in var/tuxbox/config and others in share/tuxbox.

Frequencies should be as per your original cable.xml format and add frequencies I gave you, e.g. <transponder frequency="346000000" symbol_rate="6875000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3" /> so you need to format them to that type.

TBH the best bet would be to download Mgb's Irish Cables.xml and do as before replace your cables.xml with it delete scan.config, unplug the box and then power up and rescan with Ch**us BF. You will find Mgb's cables.xml here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/163/408883#4066794

5. BigKnack

BigKnack Member

Cool, I'll give that a shot this evening when i get back home.

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

That should work and if not I know someone in your area that has a Dbox and its up and running, maybe able to get him to sort you out with his services.

7. BigKnack

BigKnack Member

Just 1 more thing, what's the path of the scan.config file ? I couldn't find the file yesterday eve when I was trying to fix the box.

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

scan.conf will be in the same location as your cables.xml, although note I gave you two locations as images differ. BTW what image are you using, as I presume you have either an AU fixed image or is it an old image?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  9. BigKnack

BigKnack Member

Humm, that's a littel worrying, I never found the scan.config file in that location last night.

I'm using what's supposed to be one of the latest images that I downloaded from the internet, a blade trinity one it was posted only last month on the file share website.

Maybe there's no scan.config file, because I never managed to successfully find anything from a scan. Is the file automatically created after a successful scan?

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Blade Quad has since been released with AU fixed although the Net ID is incorrect for some areas of Ireland. Scan.conf is on all boxes. Trinity will not AU without certain files.

Best bet for you would be a fixed image like Lakey Pro. You will find it in Eamos at the bottom of my post. Saves all the messing about with files. Just flash the image, set your location and scan. See how that fairs after that if its still not working I will tell you who has services for your area.

11. BigKnack

BigKnack Member

Thanks, i'll give it a shot this evening. I had the Lkey pro image on it a few days ago and then flashed with the blade one on Wednesday! lol

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

LOL let us know how you get on.

13. bod78

bod78 Member

hi can any1 tell me how to flash my dbox i not got a clue with these boxes,i lost all channels about a week ago cant get them back on any help would be great.

14. BigKnack

BigKnack Member

No Joy, files are in different places on that image too, can't remeber exactly, but the cables.xml file was not in var\tuxbox\config, it was in something like var\shared\tuxbox\config.

Anyway, the image seemed to be slightly coruppted, cos when I went to scan for channels, there was an error messsage half faded accross the screen. It might have been a file or two didn't transfere properly when i flashed it.

Anyway, I'm off home for another evening of playing with my box !!

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

As per my post above:

Best of luck it just takes a bit of messing about but you'll get there ;)

16. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

My quad has the dublin N*L netid already fixed, all channels are fine too, i.e. resorted and rescanned. It might just need to be left on 5mins for an autoroll.

2x here
    http://www.4shared.com/file/51816895/e48e6dda/Blade_Quad_2x_Dublin_June_08.html?s=1

(untested)1x here
    http://www.4shared.com/file/51816853/a15887e3/Blade_Quad_1x_Dublin_June_08.html?s=1

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry Ruprect I knew of your modded Blade but the OP is on Ch**us in Kildare and certain frequencies may need to be added manually for this area, if Mgb's cables.xml didnt work.

18. amgodogma

amgodogma Member

hey everyone,

i'm really sorry if this question was asked before, but this is one long long thread :)

i was just wonderinf if there was somewhere in dublin you could purchase the dbox, and secondly if there was a guide for setting it up?

thanks all

19. EC74

EC74 Member

Buy them online E-Bay then u'll find various websites such as here wit forums on set up etc, they're simple to use after u mess about wit them couple of times

20. DBoxHead

DBoxHead Member

Hi,
    I am hoping someone can help.My Sagem DBox2 was working great and then I started loosing some channels (Channel 4, E4 + 1 etc.)I logged on here to see what I could find.I Downloaded the new services.xml and boquets.xml. I FTP'ed them over to the box and all the channels had gone and I got a "waiting for time" message.Fortunatly I had backed up my old files and when I put everything back I was back to where i started (i.e. no Channel 4, E4 + 1 etc.). When I looked in the new services.xml i noticed it was for NTL Dublin....whereas my backed up version that seems to work is for Ch**us.
    So I have three questions if anyone can help..
    1. is there a services.xml from Ch**us ??
    2. I went into DBox - Services menu (to try to run a scan) and it asked me for a password...I don't know what the fella who set it up put the password andI can't contact him at the mo. Is it possible to do a scan another way ?
    3. Any ideas on how I can get the missing channels back ??
    Thanks a Mil !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.