1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrpink67

mrpink67 Member

hey lads. so i brought the box down to a mates house down the road, put the blade image on it and it worked fine, brought it up to mine and it is still fine which is awesome! any ideas though why it wouldnt work doing it from my place, could be signal strength maybe?

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sounds like signal problem alright but the Net ID is still incorrect on Blade Quad. Did you use Ruprect's modded version? Or did you just FTP your services and bouquets?

3. mrpink67

mrpink67 Member

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes thats the standard Blade Quad, but as said you propably didnt scan on it and just had your services already on the box. If you try to scan for channels in Dublin it wont with that version of Blade.

But its working fine so I would leave it. I like Blade its one of the best I have seen in quiet a while.

5. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Actually that is my modded image with the correct netid for dublin, so a scan should work. I am not certain but I think that image might not have channel 4 and sky 1&2 and a few others, i.e. the frequencies have changed since I uploaded it. You will need to do a rescan to get them back. Also there is a new sports channel out which is definitely not on that image. You should get 13 transponders and 143 TV channels, and do not adjust the scan settings, they are ready to go.

Below are 2 guides I wrote for some mates.

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I see now apologies I thought it was the standard Blade. SportsXchange started two weeks ago on 418.250Mhz.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  7. pittney

pittney Member

hi am getting really frustrated with my dbox.
    has anybody got a step by step guide to flash a box also the leads i need?
    thanks newbie

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Basic guides are in Eamos at the end of my post. Just flash with an AU image, i.e. Blade. All the info you need is contained within the last couple of pages of this very thread.

9. pittney

pittney Member

sorry mate i am new hear where do i find them? oh and can you use a pc with windows vista on it?

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Look in Eamos at the end of my post. Have a read through them and this thread. Use the latest version of IFA or use can use FTP. IFA is easier and flash with Blade Quad.

Do you have a Nokia or Sagem?

11. pittney

pittney Member

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

13. eoinf

eoinf Member

Hi

Can anyone tell me what exactly needs to be changed to convert a nokia dbox from Cable to MMDs.

Is it just changing out the service & cables file & rescan?

If not can someone point me in the right direction.

Cheers

14. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Yes that is all you should have to do. You might well not have to FTP at all, try a scan with the current cables file, if that doesnt work get mgb17's cables 11 file.

I was also discussing using the netid feature that can be used on some images. see here

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/691140

There is no alteration needed of the box, a dbox will do both, while if you had a dreambox you would need a specific 500-T box.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  15. eoinf

eoinf Member

Cheers for that.

Can you point me to the latest files for dublin as im pretty sure mine are out of date. ive lost channel4 and sky and mtv2.

would this be the service or the cables that is causing this.

also, are the frequencys for MMDS & Cable conpletely different. IE will i need to rescan each time or is there anyway of setting up two versions of the same channel. as i more than likely will be pulling the one box in and out for mmds during the week and cable at the weekend.

16. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

Bear in mind if its chorus mmds then a dbox is no good for you as you would need a dvb-t tuner.

17. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

you could just scan again to get them back, and move them into place using the guides I posted above. I would recommend getting blade quad. Mine linked above and set to scan for cable. Then look at my other thread on the MMDS settings. You would have to go into scan.conf and edit the frequency for MMDS and scan again.
    N*L are changing the frequencies to mess up the boxes, it is them causing it, and you need a rescan.

They are different frequencies. It might be possible to scan twice and leave or update bouquets. But I think if you scan with cable you will get them all, and if you then scan with MMDS it will possibly overwrite your cables services file with the same names.

I am not sure though.

What I personally would do is scan with cables, then save my bouquet & services file onto PC. Then I would scan with MMDS and it will generate a new service file. I would then open the files in wordpad and cut & paste to form one big service file and one big bouquet. I am not sure if having identical names will cause trouble. In which case I would rename the MMDS channels & bouquets with a M infront of them.

Now when you plug into cables all your MMDS channels should be visible but will get a error message on them (just like you get on channel 4 now), but the cables ones will work. and vice versa.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  18. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Should be fine AFAIK.

It is other boxes like dreambox that need specific tuners, dbox does both.

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Not on Ch**us MMDS as wiz said as they use a DVB T variant. The Dbox has a DVB C tuner, which is fine for Ch**us cable, and both N** cable & MMDS.

20. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

No m8 a dbox has a dvb-c tuner which is no good for chorus mmds as it uses dvb-t tuner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.