1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adm1

adm1 Member

Hi,
    Can someone provide me with a good image for n*l mmds dublin please?
    nokia dbox2.
    many thanks.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Look in Eamos at the bottom of my post.

3. mullingar

mullingar Member

Freezing, chirping, jumping channels in Dub7 on NT Hell last 2 days. Its OK now but dont want it to happen again when im watching TV tonight...

Hi lads. I have been having trouble with my dbox2 lately in Dub7. I have a sagem 1X and I am using Andromena V2.0 (Xenefan) which I have loved since I got the key roll thing in January sorted. Has anyone else had the same problem or should I download a new image etc?

Thanks lads

4. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

You need to change to gbox to stop chirping, but gbox will not autoupdate the keys. You need a key transfer function, this is possibly on your andromeda, but unlikely, I think if you press blue once or twice it might have a keys copy function. otherwise you can manually enter them via tuxbox commander.

I find andromeda has some bugs, and would highly recommend blade quad instead of it. Blade quad will also not update gbox, but it has the key transfer function already on it. You have to leave it on evocam to decode, then transfer keys from evocam to gbox, then turn on gbox. this should stop the chirping.

5. mullingar

mullingar Member

how do i do that ruprect? There is no optin on the andromena as you suspected...

6. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Better off changing to blade quad. But you can go to tuxbox commander and look at keylist.txt, write down your current keys, then go edit a file called nagra this is the gbox equivalent of evocams keylist.txt file. It will look a little different but you can see where they keys should be entered. One of the files is case sensitive, not sure which, so best just match the case in the current file. i.e. if nagra uses lower case letters in its key then keep them lower case.

NOTE: When I refer to scroll in text below, I mean using the Toggle buttons that are around the OK button on the remote control, the button below the OK you use to scroll down, the one above use to scroll up and down, the buttons to the left & right you use to move left & right. If you make a mistake and you want to go back to the start, press the home button and don't save changes. To get started follow instructions below:

. Press the blue button and you will be in the features menu, scroll to Tuxbox Commander, press OK.

You should now be looking at the files on the D Box.

. Scroll to VAR and press ok, If you don't see VAR, scroll up to <DIR> & press ok, if you still don't see VAR scroll to the next <DIR> and press ok, keep doing this until VAR appears on the screen!

. When you find the VAR file and you press OK, scroll to Keys & press OK

. Scroll to Keylist.txt and press OK and write down the numbers, now go to nagra and press 4 on your remote control! It is important that you don't press OK, you must press 4 in order to edit the code that will appear! If you pressed OK in error , just press the Home button and start again.

When you have have scrolled to code you want to change press OK, When you press OK, the code becomes slightly larger and the first digit changes colour to red, this is now your cursor!

. Scroll to the digit you want to change, and then use the numbers on your remote to change that digit to whatever character you want, e.g. if you want to change the digit to 3 , you press the number 3 button four times until 3 appears, the press ok. The same would apply if you want to change it to 4, you press the number 4 button on your remote four times and press OK.

. When you have changed the digit to the new one, press the Home button, it will ask you do you want to save changes, if you are happy with the new change, scroll to yes and press OK.

. You should now have changed the code, to get back to the TV screen, press home.

. In order for the changes to work you need to reboot, press the D box button and scroll to reboot and press OK. When it reboots you channels should be back!

7. xcrypto

xcrypto Member

Hi Guys.. Nokia DBOX2 running Blade Quad - NTHell Dub. Happy as Larry for last 6 months. Last thurs came home from work and turned on... Frozen image / flashes of TV picture - sound jittering like it was trying to decode but couldnt quite do it for me. I've reflased with Blade - still same story. Also signal out of Coax connection - essentilly passed through DBOX is seriously attenuated... really bad picture - is it likely my tuner circuit is goosed? Would like to hear from someone who's had tuner repaired to confim its bad before I go attempting repairing myself. Thanks a million -

8. brock8769

brock8769 Member

Hi Guys. I have two Nokia Dbox2 and have had a tremendous amount of help over the last years from users of this forum. I don't know if this is the correct place to ask but I want to get a new box to replace one that I am giving away. As we are aware they are brining in this new Digital thing in the next year or so. My question is Should I go for another Nokia or is there a more modern and better box that I should look at. If this cannot be answered here I would appreciate some guidance as to where to look.

9. glic83

glic83 Regular member

depends what you want to do really mate there are lots more boxes out there,the drearmbox,would be similar to the dbox but much smaller then there is the more plug and play types like the box super 4 the eurovox's,igste,kryptview so there is loads available to you

10. stu665

stu665 Member

Wondering if you guys can help me out here. Im trying to stream from my dbox across the net to another pc or laptop(so i can watch the footie when im not at home). I am using vlc media player to do this. I can manage to get the stream to start but after about 3 seconds it freezes up. Before it freezes i am getting video and audio. I have tried reducing the bitrate of both the video and the audio all to no avail. When i open another instance on vlc on the streaming side(the pc thats connected to the dbox via a netgear router) and use the ip address of 127.0.0.1 i can view the outgoing stream no problem with no freeze up.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

11. Daveyie84

Daveyie84 Member

I just flashed the commando-9_x2, from oggnogg's page, onto a nokia dbox. It said that the flash was successful but when I went to boot nothing comes up on the screen. The dispaly on the box says "kein system".

Does anyone know if there is anymore I can do? Any advice?

12. glic83

glic83 Regular member

if you are getting that message you flashed the wrong image to the box by the sounds of it yoy have 1 chip but you flashed an image ment for a 2 chip box,you will have to use a 1x image and flash it via ifa

13. ugy101

ugy101 Member

hi,

my channels went off yesterday, 10/11/2008, can someone help, i have tried editing the nagra file, but it did not work, i have the andromeda image installed?

thanks alot

14. ugy101

ugy101 Member

anyone any ideas please, i live in the west yorkshire region, do you think flashing the blade quad will help at all?

thanks

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes as it will have all that you require. Just copy your services/bouquets off your old image. Reflash with Blade and then send the services/bouquests back over to your zapit folder.

You will find all you need to help you do this in Eamos at the end of my post.

16. ugy101

ugy101 Member

thanks for the reply, but i reflashed the box without copying the service and bouquet file.

when i tried doing the service scan, it won't pick any transponders or channels up, now i have no channels at all, any ideas on the transponders, no epg aswell?

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

What image did you flash it with and where did you get it? You need to set your location via the blue button and scan again.

18. ugy101

ugy101 Member

hi again,

i installed the blade quad image, and i got it from your eamos server. I have tried many different things, changed my location, even tried other locations close to me but still no transponders picked up, i always get the message saying ' no channels found, do a service scan ...'

iv even checked the scan.config file, and that was set to my location.

iv tried scanning it by having it on evocamd and gbox, don't know if that would usually make a difference but i still didn't get any transponders.

i know the install went smoothly, albeit it took about an hour(was backing up and stuff), after the image install the channels were working apart from a few i needed thats why i did a scan and from there i lost all the channels and can't get no transponders,

i am lost on options to try, iv tried all i know, i might have to install the image again but i didn't want to wait another hour or so, plus i will be without some channels i want.

sorry for the long message.

hope you can help

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I know you are in Yorkshire but where is your nearest town, for scanning purposes. I know this is the Dbox in Ireland thread, but we will adopt Yorkshire for the duration of this post :)

20. ugy101

ugy101 Member

sorry for the late reply.

ok then, my nearest town and the town i live in is Dewsbury, the net id for dewsbury is 000001, frequency is 755000, i can select the dewsbury NT L location using the blue button. but i can't get it to scan.

if you can sort this out for me it would be brilliant, if not could you source or advice where to get the latest service and bouquet files for my area?

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.