1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benifa

benifa Regular member

Neutrino is a type of image. Images will either be Neutrino or Enigma types. I don't believe there are any UK images that are Enigma based, and I've personally never got a German Enigma based image to work no matter how I fiddle with it ;)..

Thus, UK images, including the Sportster varieties, are Neutrino based. By the way, UK images are grand in Ireland..

If you want to use the Sportster image that has been good for me, the link is above..

2. onandon

onandon Member

This is all great info - cant wait for the dbox to arrive to get crackin g on it

3. a7v8x

a7v8x Member

Hi all, great to see a thread specific to Ireland. I am thinking of purchasing a dbox2 or starview. I am just wondering if they work on chorus? I have the basic chorus cable tv (not digital) cable comes in from a box under my gutter. How often are the settings changing and where is the best place to buy the box (ebay?)

Thank you in advance

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

It depends if you get true cable or mmds.
    If you get true cable from chorus a dbox2 is the better choice.
    Chorus mmds is only functionable with a dreambox 500t.
    NTL mmds is a other story.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  5. a7v8x

a7v8x Member

As I said im totally new to this and just found out our cable supply from chorus is not digital just analogue so I take it nothing will work on it ?

6. debic

debic Regular member

hi
    I've just ordered a dbox2 cable with linux sportster pro(uk edition) in de bug mode. don't really know anything about these and i'm hoping someone could help. Will they work in chorus area. My chorus comes into my house from an underground cable outside house. Also can anyone send me a user manual on how to get it going. I tried the replay lite but they'll only work on ntl. really appreciate any information i can get.
    thanks
    Debi

7. benifa

benifa Regular member

Hi Debi,

Should work with Chorus, though I've not tested it personally. NTL is grand sure, so as long as you've the cabled Chorus as oppose to the antenna service (mmds), all should be grand. You can d/l some useful info from here:
    http://www.ifawilson.com/downloads/Dbox/Dbox2.rar.exe
    pass=letmein

8. a7v8x

a7v8x Member

Hi benifa maybe you could clear something up for me. As far as I know I only have analogue cable from chorus, so my main concern is will a dbox2 work or do you need to have a digital service?

9. benifa

benifa Regular member

Hi a7v8x..

Nope, no need for digital subscription..

Analogue is grand so..

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  10. debic

debic Regular member

hi benifa
    thanks for that info. just waiting on d box to arrive to see if it works, i see from previous post that you said you have good news on geting d boxes, could you e mail me on that as if mine work am sure rest of family will want one too. Also couldn't open that link as it asked for a password.
    thanks
    debi

11. benifa

benifa Regular member

lol, no it was only good news for one person!..

I had a left over Dbox2, but I'm after selling it already..

Btw, password = letmein

12. illumin

illumin Member

Just wondering if all channels should work as ive quite a few chanels which stuter/ dont display at all.
    If so how would go about fixing this?

13. benifa

benifa Regular member

Start by re-scanning the channels..

What box box / image are you using?

14. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

Hi I have the same problem but its even weirder. Most of the channels display and sound perfect, however the Irish channels breakup and have sound breaks.

I've noticed that on the signal display, the numbers change depending on the channel I have selected, so for RTE1, SNR is about 50000 but on NickJR its about 62000

I've also noticed that the signal strength fluctuates quite a bit. So if i leave on any channel, the signal gets weak (about 25%) of the possible strength up to sometimes 75%

I don't mind buying a booster if that would help.

It's a Sagem with commando, but when I set it up for the scan I chooses UK NTL Bruteforce. Although I get ~146 channels, it seems a bit odd that the irish ones are the dodgey ones.

15. mark397

mark397 Member

hi. i bought a dbox 2 off ebay. when i plug it in and do a service scan it doesn't seem to find the channels. anyone know what i should do? its killing me having it and not being able to use it

16. illumin

illumin Member

im using a sagem dbox2 with latest official commando (6 i think). im gonna reimage it using your image and see if i get any difference. Are you recieving most channels without stuttering?

17. illumin

illumin Member

id the same problem. i dl'd a service.xml for my area and put it in /tuxbox/config/zapit/ then did a new scan and i picked up channels

18. col215

col215 Member

Hi folks, got my dbox of ebay, Buy it now price worked out at €150 p+p inc. Name of seller d-box-seller-uk. Typical anal german but got the item in ok time.

Have a problem though - initially got about 50 channels sky sports, movies etc. Picture wasn't great though so started messin around with it. Ended up fixing picture for the few stations I am able to see. All the rest are gone black. Any ideas how to fix this? In Dublin.

19. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

can you ftp to it? What service scan options had you? Have you an ok signal?

I've +140 so probably its a config thing.

20. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

if you have ntl the number of channels should have should be nearer 150

thats what i have whats your dbox os etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.