1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I just emailed it to you. You can use IFA to load it, this is the easiest if you have never used FTP software.

If you use FTP you can connect to the box then put it into the tmp folder, this should be at the top of the directories.

If you turn off the box the image is deleted from the tmp folder, so do not reboot after loading via FTP

Then go to the service menu and select image update, it might be image restore, or in backup or something.

You then select "without bootloader", then you should be able to see the image you just put in, move down to select it and press ok. It will now load and reboot or turn itself off.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. Nicework

Nicework Member

Thats grand i will ftp it over, once i do the update image, is that permanent or do i have to that each time? cheers for the help.

3. herim2

herim2 Guest

Going crazy trying to get my pc to talk to my nokia dbox2, tried everything but same error always, tried flashing assisant, fxp , null and crossovercables and still nothing, the error is in german so no idea,anyone in the Cork area or anywhere really willing to take a look could drive to meet,or can email the screenshots of the errors,the box may need a reset, but no idea how to do that,when I hook it up to the tv it seems fine,in english with nutrino.Help

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Post the error message.

5. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

It is permanent. You can backup your image on the box at any time, it will stay in the tmp folder until rebooted.

So if you want to play about scanning you should always backup your image, then scan for new channels. If you end up loosing channels, or deleting your bouquet or something you can always just load back on your image without the need for a PC. But if rebooted you lose the old settings unless you have them on PC.

6. herim2

herim2 Guest

These are the error messages I'm getting,hope you can figure them out and that Im doing something wrong?Here are the links to view the error.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks.

7. cathaldub

cathaldub Regular member

Is there a yellow key appearing on the channels
    I bet Network 2 works
    your cams and ucodes are not installed
    have a look on tecno-source.co.uk for info on how to fix
    Or get a fully working image from some1
    you using commando, yea?

8. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You have to assign a fixed IP to the network card which is connected to box.
    192.168.0.1 for instance.

9. herim2

herim2 Guest

Yes I did that,
    NokiaDbox2- ip 192.168.0.100
    subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
    default gateway - 192.168.0.1

PC - 192.168.0.101
    subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
    default gateway - 192.168.0.1

Is that what the error is saying,I'm running xp home on desktop and xp pro on laptop, both giving the same error.

10. ibniba

ibniba Member

Hi,
    Sorry but Im getting a bit confused. Can someone point me in the right direction please. I have a Nokia Dbox and Im on NTL in Dublin. Do I just have to upload Sportster Image 1.7 onto my Dbox. Then plug in my Dbox including arial and the channels will be recived or do I also have to upload the service and bouquet files?
    Thanks

11. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

@herim2
    Do you use a crossover cable?
    Did you choose the right network card inside IFA?

12. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You need a UK modded image and if you are too lazy for a own scan you need matching service and bouquet files.

13. cathaldub

cathaldub Regular member

The IP address in the settings is wrong
    follow the guide on techno exactly step by step

14. herim2

herim2 Guest

Yes,used a crossover and a null cable,how ever I didn't restart the pc after changing the ip on the desktop,would this be the reason??Thanks for helping by the way.

15. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

@cathaldub
    Which IP?
    The underlying bootmanager got 0.0.0.202 and that means there was no fixed IP set to the choosen network card at the pc.
    IFA use x.x.x.202 for the box and the first 3 ranges are taken from the pc network card.

16. ibniba

ibniba Member

Hi
    sorry to be a pain in the neck - but Ive come across a programme called 'Dbox Command Centre' - does anyone know if this is a good programme to use and if so where can I download or get it from please?
    Thanks

17. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Disable all other network cards including wireless network.

18. ibniba

ibniba Member

Hi - no Im not to lazy to do anything - will do what ever it takes - just I get a bit confused - I received the Sportster image 1.7 from Ruprect so I guess that has a UK modded image. Just not sure what to do next after I upload that - a guy I was talking to the other day said I can just upload that and then get the Dbox itself to do a scan and get the channels - he said that worked for him
    Thanks

19. herim2

herim2 Guest

Ok,Gonna try it again,this time will restart the pc before flashing the box, will let you know how I get on,hope its that easy.

20. Nicework

Nicework Member

i dont seem to have a tmp folder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.