1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dc69

dc69 Regular member

Im living in Dublin and have just ordered a sagem dbox. im just gona pull the SR, FREQ and ID from a mates ntl box to make sure i recieve all the channels for my area.i just wanted to confirm that ID is the net id and the guides i have seen tell you to select a cable provider from the menu box.if i want to use my own info pulled from an ntl box where do i input it.cheers

2. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

Is yours set up to do that? The German ones aren't normally. I've a sagem and the setings from ntl dont apply (dont matter). the bruteforce scan did get lots of them.

3. dc69

dc69 Regular member

i know that it has the latest sportster image that is set up for the uk.so seeing as its set up for the uk and will work in ireland i presume so

4. benifa

benifa Regular member

You can, in theory, enter this info into the cables.xml file. But really, this is not necessary at all. Any UK image will be grand, because NTL in Ireland needs to be scanned using the setting "Sym6887", which is exactly the same as NTL in the UK..

When you receive your box, simply flash a UK image (I recommend Sportster), scan your channels, and you're grand so..

Don't make life difficult for yourself..

;)

5. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

mine was similar, came from Berlin. got most to work but needed to change my services.xml. I assume your ntl, normal cable in dub? 50 seeems very low

6. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

ok thanks...that means my irish channels issue is different...hmmm

7. dc69

dc69 Regular member

thats grand.i only mentioned it because someone earlier in the topic said that they took the SR, FREQ and ID from a box that they had and i presumed this would be the best way to ensure that i recieve all the channels available but if theres no point then i wont bother.

8. dc69

dc69 Regular member

just another quick question.when i scan to get a station such as prem plus.will it come up blank until there is a match on it or will i have to scan when i know that the station is broadcasting something and is this the same for the ppv channels.thanks

9. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

it will be detected. ppv always broadcast, but sometimes just adverts.

10. dc69

dc69 Regular member

cheers for the help guys much appreciated

11. benifa

benifa Regular member

Dsleeper - I just read your earlier post regarding your freezing problem on the Irish channels. I also have lower SNR on some channels and higher on others, though fortunately, and touch wood, this hasn't caused freezing issues for me. BBC1, for example, has a very low SNR on my box, but never freezes..

So I'm not sure buying a signal booster would fix your problem. Have you tried using a different image? I've tried many images, some of which gave lots of channel freezing, including Commando 6..

The most stable image I've used is Sportster. Zappp64 has some UK sportster images for download on his site: http://netwave.redirectme.net/RED-DWARF/

12. dc69

dc69 Regular member

benifa would you recomend sportster over commando.and when you download these images do they usually include cams or do you have to put them in manually

13. benifa

benifa Regular member

Yes I would, most definitely. From all the images I've used here in Waterford, Sportster 1.7 has produced the best results. If your box has two flash chips, you can download the said image here:
    http://www.ifawilson.com/downloads/Dbox/Sportster 1.7+ uk05_2x.exe

PS, cams included on all images :)

14. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

I'll have a go...I'm still a bit on the worried side that I'll end up with nothing!!

15. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

so can anyone tell me if i need to get a crossover cable to ftp or can I just plug a network cable in and hook up to my router? Sometimes I can be so dumb!

16. benifa

benifa Regular member

lol.. no bother..

If you have a "normal" ethernet cable - just connect your dbox to your router with this. You can also connect your PC to the router via an ethernet cable or over wifi. I'd advise using static IPs on both dbox and PC though, just so you know where you are..

What's the make and model of your router?..

17. dc69

dc69 Regular member

does anyone know how to repair an lcd with stripes on it.i saw some guides a while ago but cant find them anymore

18. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

Its a belkin wireless one, I have my xbox360, and 2 pc's hanging off it..Using DHCP though...i dont know can i use static i.p.'s

19. benifa

benifa Regular member

20. dc69

dc69 Regular member

cheers ur a saint

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.