1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicework

Nicework Member

i got the image on, but im getting a blank screen on some channels with a scraping noise through the sound, and on the others channel not found.. any ideas?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. herim2

herim2 Guest

Still no joy, cannot get the pc and nokia dbox2 to communicate, same error each time, anyone got any ideas?

3. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Which IP's do you see at the lower edge of the IFA window after a flash attempt.

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Hi benifa

Can you tell me whether or not a starview box will work on Ch****s i live in Kildare any info regarding freq or channel numbers are welcome tanks in advance fergusrb

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Hi benifa

Can you tell me whether or not a starview box will work on Ch****s i live in Kildare any info regarding freq or channel numbers are welcome tanks in advance fergusrb

6. TheTurk

TheTurk Member

Where in Kildare fergusb, if you live in beautiful Celbridge then you cant as we only have damn analogue chorus with no plans for digital.

On a lighter note, I had a nokia and sagem dbox2, nokia worked perfect first time, all channels working. Sagem had problems, found all channels but as mentioned earlier in this forum, Irish channels freezing and jittery. I copied the services.xml from the nokia and put it on the sagem and hey presto, perfect!!! For some reason Setanta Ireland has some weird vertical split screen but 99.9% working is good enough for me.

7. blobert

blobert Member

I gave a Dbox to a friend to try out with Chorus in Naas and it doesn't seem to work at all? The strange thing is he says he got digital TV from them before so I would have thought the signal would be there. Perhaps it's only the Chorus MMDS service there, I know the DBox does not work with that.

8. TheTurk

TheTurk Member

I was just reading about the starview box and I have read that the ntl box sends a signal as to what you are watching and when you disconnect it and put in the starview this ssignal is obviously not there anymore so NTL might be wondering where it is. I am assuming that the dbox2 is the exact same which make me wonder if NTL are able to figure out if you have the dbox or not. It seems everybody I ask knows about this now so they are bound to cop on and do something.....

9. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Simply use an splitter and connect your subbed box to the other output.

10. TheTurk

TheTurk Member

when you say splitter, do you mean just split the coax input between the 2 boxes?

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Hi Turk

Yes we do have digital i live in the Newbridge area and we where upgraded a few months ago we even have the broadband on the cable as well so do you reckon the Dbox wont work over here what do you recommend

12. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Check the sticker at the underside of the chorus digital box.
    If the name starts with ICD its a box for true cable and a dbox is functional via that feed.

13. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Buy an cable splitter.

14. TheTurk

TheTurk Member

Yep, thats grand. Will do that then.

A friend of mine got the starview box and its great, its smaller, looks nicer and has all the functionality of the nokia or sagems. There must be some problems though if its cheaper, anybody any experience of these?

15. dtrocks_6

dtrocks_6 Member

hey,
    what seems to be the problem with all the links to the downloads,they must be broke?does anyone have a working 2x mage for waterford/galway
    cheers

16. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

There is no special image needed. Simply use a UK modded image.
    If you want a better scan use the irish cables.xml.

17. dtrocks_6

dtrocks_6 Member

i got a stable image of benifa,but if i try to update the names of the channels in the service.xml when i restart the box i get no channels.when i rescan,i get bad reception.i know its only a matter of having the old movies names,but its wrecking my head.any quick fix?

18. Trevis

Trevis Member

thanks to all you guys for advice so far.
    Managed to get Sportster 1.7 on the DBox 2 and can scan for channels now.

I've got hold of the Irish Cables.xml file and the services file. When I scan I don't pickup Rte1 or Rte2, E4 (even though I get E4+1) and Bravo (even though I get Bravo +1) but I do get around 160 channels (off the tp of my head). Any ideas? I'm in Dublin (Palmerstown). What scan are are you guys doing?

19. jock54

jock54 Member

Interesting link, someone might find it helpful .http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/278395-post28.html

20. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

NTL have gone to shit recently, I am getting bad scans all the time, you will have to download a working service file scanned when it was working well. Men & motors seems to be gone completely.

You are probably not scanning a particular frequency correctly, they come in batches of about 10 channels, with no order so E4 might not be in the same batch as E4+1

Last edited: May 1, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.