1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trevis

Trevis Member

cheers ruprect.

does anyone have a good service file and a matching bouquet?

thanks in advance

2. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

3. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

did you get sorted?

4. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  5. benifa

benifa Regular member

Sorry Dsleeper, I don't quite get what you mean?

6. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

7. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

On your site you could post the services, bouquets, and cables.xml

I'll pm you the images when latest sportster issue is resolved.

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  8. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

actually i have good commando 6 ones... for 1x machines
    Has anyone got the latest sportster? I have tried but dont have the keys for non free to view channels

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  9. herim2

herim2 Guest

Thanks mgb17 for you help, seems I forgot to set it to 10 mb half also enabled tcp/ip and works like a dream.
    Now getting 78 stations using Sporster 1.7+ UK05 x2 version with the irish cables, everything fine except no bbc, itv, channel 4 or setanta channels, I'm in the cork city area on chorus, did a brutforce scan a few times and always the same, would a different image give more channels or is there a way around this, I see other people are having the same problem,happy enough with the quality and amount of channels but would really like to get the bbc ones working,any help welcome.

10. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

11. ryanneil

ryanneil Member

Chorus in Naas is True Cable, there must be some other issue. Although recently i have lost some channels on my Dbox that is picked up before, this includes MTV, updated the Cables.xml, rescanned, still MTV and some other channels are missing. Did a full and bruteforce scan with Fast Scan off. These channels still appear on my Chorus Box.

Regards

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  12. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Use the latest irish cables.xml and check the others/andere bouquet at your box after a scan.
    BBC three, BBC four and NASN for instance are beeing broadcast via the same frequency then MTV at chorus cable.
    It you get that channels MTV must be somewhere.

13. brock8769

brock8769 Member

Hi Guys. First time here. I have only recently come across the Dbox2 receivers. I have taken the step of placing a bid for a nokia dbox2 with what looks like a very reputable seller on ebay. I have done research and love the idea of what these boxes are capable of. I am not a computer genius so have a few questions.

I live in Ireland and want to receive all the channels that NTL have coming through the cable!! will the box do this. One I bid for is linux neutrino in dbug plug and play uk & IRL

Will it work if I have the box in a central room hooked up to a tv splitter and controlled by using a remote eye down the coax cable or does it need to be beside the tv in use.

Do I need to connect it to my computer at all.

What does it mean flash an image. If I need to change an image is it easy.
    I do appreciate you taking the time to read this and hope you don't mind answering all these questions. Regards Richard

14. ryanneil

ryanneil Member

Hey,

I'm afraid i've done that, i am actually missing 29 Channels. Used the Irish4 and Irish6 Cable.xml files, i recieve 36 channels out of 65 that my chorus box recieves. I only find two transponders. If i connect it to an NTL feed in my brothers house i recieve all 141 channels so it's not the tuner.

15. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Use the cables.xml from the irish6 file.
    Try first Chorus cable and if you get too less channels try Chorus bruteforce.
    If you don't get the exact wording you don't use the irish cables.xml.

16. ryanneil

ryanneil Member

i'm afriad thats what i've done, Normal and Bruteforce with both Fast Scan on and off. No luck, Even added the freq 324 from my chorus box to the list to no avail.

Some more info. DBOX worked, came home to stuttering channels, rescanned and have never been able to get the channels back. :-(

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  17. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If you see the options "Chorus cable" and "Chorus bruteforce" in the provider line you use the right file.
    Stuttering picture is a hint for a signal problem.
    Remove all splitters and try a scan. Maybe you need a booster.

18. brock8769

brock8769 Member

I wonder if anyone is going to help with my previous post. In fact the real question is if I get a plug and play will it pick up and show me the likes of sky sports etc.

19. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Hi Broc

no it is not as simple as that you have first to scan in auto when you see the list you will see a dollar $ sign pick a station that does not have one highlight it then go to parental control key in 2004 when asked then the EMU save your setting go back to your channels click on one that now has the dollar sign click on it and wait you will see it up dating wait till it is finished you should then see the channel you require hope this helps ok

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Hi Broc

no it is not as simple as that you have first to scan in auto when you see the list you will see a dollar $ sign pick a station that does not have one highlight it then go to parental control key in 2004 when asked then turn the EMU to on position save your setting go back to your channels click on one that now has the dollar sign click on it and wait you will see it up dating wait till it is finished you should then see the channel you require hope this helps ok

SORRY ABOUT THE EXTRA POST FORGOT ONE PART ITS IN THIS ONE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.