1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markarman

markarman Regular member

sorry to be stupid but the site on your sig ???? what does that mean please ??

2. BrenIRL

BrenIRL Member

3. markarman

markarman Regular member

thanks

btw i am stupid lol

thats his signature right ?? hahahahahha

thanks again for all your help

4. robkev

robkev Member

5. johnred

johnred Member

Hi,
    I recently got a dbox2 and am a real newbie at this.I have been reading this forum for a few weeks now and have found some great advice. I cannot receive any channels and am looking for some help. I have managed to flash an image {tardis} but I need some help to upload cable files and service files or anything else I might need. Does anybody have these files and a program to help with uploading them. I am in dublin and have ntl. Thanks

6. markarman

markarman Regular member

just wanna say a great big thank you, the image which you emailed me works perfectly, i simply flashed it to the dreambox and done an automatic scan and hey presto.

i have had my dreambox for 3 months and through various web pages and forums i got as far as flashing it with a gemini image which was no good as it onl had the basic cam, i then added more cams but still couldnt view any channels.

then i discovered you guys and tried a few times only for the links to be deleted. then you emailed me the image and the rest is history

thank you thank you thank you !!!!!

if any one else is struggling head over to wizo's web site the addy is in his signature

cheers wizo your a life saver

7. Meath

Meath Guest

I've been spending a lot of time searching, I'm looking for images etc. Almost every link is broken, I've registered for millions of sites, seems like there's link after link to forums, guides made by people that are networks/dbox experts, and after 5 days my dbox is about to get thrown across the road!

8. markarman

markarman Regular member

i am also in dublin with ntl and wizo emailed me an image that i simply flashed and all was complete no need for any other files etc etc,

however if you wanna go doen that route filezilla is a good programme to use for uploading stuff.

much easier to use wiz 569's complete image though

thanks wizo

good luck johnred

9. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

No problem mark glad to help

By the way its not my site I am just a mod there

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  10. johnred

johnred Member

Hi Wiz569

Would there be any chance that you could please e-mail me that image you sent to Mark and any advice or instructions you have, I am pulling my hair out at this stage. Thanks

11. SG8

SG8 Active member

Would somebody be able to email me that image also?

I downloaded an image and got it working ok but would like to try another image also.

There are some images available here. Link checked 20/05/2007 http://netwave.redirectme.net/RED-DWARF/

Anybody got a link to instruction on removing channels by editing the services file? As basic as possible!!

Thanks

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  12. BrenIRL

BrenIRL Member

markarman,

Can you upload the image to rapidshare.com or megaupload.com for some of us to test please?

Thanks

Bren

13. SG8

SG8 Active member

Offer you a hundred euro for it, before it gets thrown across the road!!

14. cathaldub

cathaldub Regular member

DBoxes for sale
    €160 each or very nearest offer
    Were reconditioned with new screens and front flaps and new remotes
    can be collected in dublin anytime
    UK Shipping €25 registered - €20 not registered
    Ireland Shipping €20 registered - €15 not registered
    Will post up pics thursday

Tested in dublin and picking up all TV 143 channels with commando 8

Cams and keys will not be on the boxes for legal reasons but if your on here you probably already know where to get em and what to do with these boxes

Have 2 with broken fron panels will sell for €100 but one is missing a remote control

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Hi
    Could anyone please give me some information regarding which sat box i would need to purchase in order to receive the C***** signal in Kildare and also what file or files i would need to put on the box and how easy is it to put the files on the box also i know i am asking a lot but surely someone out there has gone thru this and can help me out with the information i require thanks in advance

16. cathaldub

cathaldub Regular member

the dbox's i'm sellin above would do ya
    it must be true cable and not mmds for ch00ru5

as regards the questions
    read through the whole thread as all this stuff is repeated on a daily basis or have a look ovfer on techno-source

17. robkev

robkev Member

hi guys,
    some good news for all those in the cork area, on chxrus cabill.
    Started last friday and got the star v1ew box working in cork city then
    spent the wkd writing freq's and editing the Irish cables.xml for dbox and managed to get this sorted must have been all that coffee put the brains cell in overdrive…
    i have updated this with an extra 11 transpnders which now gives us a total of 13 transponders. once you do a scan with the edit cables\scan.conf \services \ bouq.xml files =140 channels.+

Sagemdbox2
    Image sportster1.73 ultra, did have some freezing so i had to upload new cam-alpha.bin and ucodes 001a, ucodes 00f0.
    did still have some freezing so connect cable directly which did solve this. the box has been on test since 16.00hrs sun and only had to restart once due to some noise coming from the picture, but chxrus signal isnt always the best as this also happens even if you are paying for the service,, so will try a booster just to improve the signal strength..

I have another box with sport3rs 1.10 camd2 is picking up all the channels but some are locked \no picture \sound ..and will mess around with other images but it looks like 1.73 is the one to use for now
    Will keep you update on progress..

18. circuts

circuts Member

Does the Dbox2 have the black pillars on the side of the screen when watching a 4:3 programe on a widescreen telly? I have a starview and it does this, appearently you cant fix it either. My dad now wants one so should I go for the Dbox2 or will I have the same thing?

Cheers

19. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

@robkev
    Camd2 support only premiere cards. You need evocamd or mgcamd or newcamd and the matching keys.
    The latest irish cables.xml support chorus cable.

20. robkev

robkev Member

@mbg17.

i will try and change camd settings to one of ones you have mentioned..
    irish.xml had only 2 transpond3rs ( in chxrus k bill ) and was not pickin up all channels in cork city . i have added so more transponders a scan now finds all chanells ,, i can send this onto you if you want ..

thanks for all the help ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.