1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benifa

benifa Regular member

Ok, if it's a belkin wireless router, the IP of the router is 192.168.2.1. You need to make every PC, Xbox, Dbox etc have an IP like this 192.168.2.x (x = any being any number other than 1).

On windows xp, do this:

Open control panel..
    open network connections..
    right click on "local area connection" (or "wireless network connection" if using wifi)..
    select properties..
    select "internet protocol tcp/ip"..
    click properties..
    select "use the following ip"..
    enter 192.168.2.x..
    subnet mask will be 255.255.255.0..
    gateway = 192.168.2.1..
    select "use the following dns server"..
    enter 192.168.2.1..
    click ok..
    click ok again..

Done - you have just given your PC a static IP address.. Now do the same on your other PC, Xbox and Dbox. Remember not to use the same IP twice..

Sorry if the above instructions are slightly inaccurate, I'm typing only from memory.. But it should be more or less ok..

2. mark397

mark397 Member

hey. can anybody help me. got the dbox working and have 142 channels but most of them are jumping/skipping. any ideas how i can fix this?

3. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

ok so here's one for you, i got an "irish" services.xml and it solved my jumping/sound issue.

If needed i'll post...

4. blobert

blobert Member

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of getting a D-Box2, I live in Dublin and have NTL (Digital). Just a couple of quick questions if anyone would be so kind as to answer any or all of them...

(1) What is the best D-Box 2 for Irish users? (I've heard the Sagem recommended)
    (2) Can anyone recommend a good seller on eBay to get one from?
    (3) Will I be able to get all Sky channels with this box? (especially the Sports ones)
    (4) Are the channels anaglogue or digital? (I thought NTL had stopped broadcasting the premium Sky in analogue format)
    (5) Is it easy enough to actually get this working? There seems to be a lot of people having difficulties here:)

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Robert

5. dc69

dc69 Regular member

1-Both boxes are pretty much the same sagem or nokia doesnt really matter.but the nokias usually cost more.

2-any seller on ebay that has good feedback should be ok

3-yeah you will be able to get all the sky channels

4-Digital

5-Its not to hard once you know how but you should probably do a bit of research before buying one in case you need to make some adjustments to get it working.A good start would be to make sure you buy a box from a german seller who says that the box is configured for the english market as it will work in Ireland.Try to get one with the sportster image as it should be plug and play after that.You would also want to be fairly computer savvy before you should buy one as if they need updating or an image change it can be complicated for a novice.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  6. blobert

blobert Member

Thanks so much for the help dc69, I really appreciate it.

If anyone else has a recommendation of an eBay seller let me know.

Thanks Again,
    Robert

7. keithnola

keithnola Member

Your problems sound quite similar to the issues I had when I first got my box, I could only get around 50 channels. I couldn't get channels like RTE1 and BBC. I tried absolutely everything, I installed various versions of all the most popular images. I eventually tried flashing my box with Cryo's Sportster 1.73 which picked up all the channels. You need to get the Cryo Sportster Pro 1.02 Ultra image and by pressing the Blue Button twice switch to Sportster 1.73 mode. I'd read that this was a good image for dodgy boxes, it's quite old but does the job.

8. debic

debic Regular member

can i just ask you, are you on chorus or ntl in dublin.

9. fred66

fred66 Guest

Well Pad,

I recommend this image:
    http://ifawilson.com/downloads/Dbox/Sportster 1.7+ uk05_2x.exe
    pass=letmein

This image has worked flawlessly here in Waterford. Just do a scan for your channels selecting "cableIE Sym6887". You will get all channels, which should total 186..
    If you need any more help please feel free to PM me..[/quote]

Hi Benifa!
    do I not need to adjust the "frequency" for my area in the scan.conf file? I have used your file but can only get 132 Ch altogether. As soon as I touch services, cable or scan files I get tuttering channels (always need to reflash to get back to normal & whatever I do I always get max transponders found is "9".

btw, my box is a sagem 1x using sportster 1.7+_UK05 and I still have basic Digi pkg with NThell.

10. fred66

fred66 Guest

{Sorry! Previous post was confusing..!}

Hi Benifa!
    do I not need to adjust the "frequency" for my area in the scan.conf file? I have used your file but can only get 132 Ch altogether. As soon as I touch services, cable or scan files I get tuttering channels (always need to reflash to get back to normal & whatever I do I always get max transponders found is "9".

btw, my box is a sagem 1x using sportster 1.7+_UK05 and I still have basic Digi pkg with NThell.

11. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

if you want to pm me, i'll let you know...£90 + 20 p&p

12. benifa

benifa Regular member

Hi Fred..

Are you sure you flashed the image I uploaded? It's just that the said image is of the 2x variety, and your box is 1x! Lol..

Not to worry.. So you're getting 132 channels so, but is this just TV or the total of TV, radio and data?..

You can always try scanning using CableUK Sym6887..

Which channels are you missing?..

13. fred66

fred66 Guest

I have converted the image into 1x using imagecloner, 132 total (93 TV, & the rest divided between radio & data) I will have to go through the list to see which ones I am missing, I know that some are listed in my bouquet.xml file but do not appear on the dbox (through bouquet or regular zapping) - I guess ireland is the same as the UK, each town/area have their freq, I believe your one is 291, on UK site they state to use 363 for ireland, but when looking at my NThell box through the engineer menu it states 254...!

14. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Do you get NTL mmds or true cable?
    Some channels are missing via NTL mmds because there is no space left.

15. fred66

fred66 Guest

thru cable

16. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Are you sure.
    As far as I know the default frequency for Waterford NTL mmds is 250 and for Waterford NTL cable 631.

17. fred66

fred66 Guest

Sorry my mistake 291 is for Dublin (as per other's posts), while also UK forums state that 363 is the one to use! I Wouldn't mind to try someone's xml files (someone who gets over 140 TV channels) & see what is so different..! I have read in many forums that xml files don't matter bcse once you do the scan they are rewritten, I don't believe it entirely true, based on my own experience, i.e. getting diff amount of channels with stuttering / freezing ones, depending of the content of the xml files!

18. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Did you ever get Setanta 2 for instance. If yes its true cable.

19. fred66

fred66 Guest

No I have seen "setanta sports" only, never seen "setanta 2" I thought MMDS was provided in zones where cable is not available i.e. it was a wireless service, isn't it?

20. mark397

mark397 Member

yeah could u send it to me? cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.