1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Ftp to the box, go to /var/tuxbox/config, upload the cables.xml to that subfolder, delete the scan.conf in the same subfolder, pull the plug.
    If you ftp to the box you are landing inside the var folder.

2. BISH

BISH Regular member

hey thanks for the help but not gonna try pretend i know much about this, only flashed a box for first time today all was fine till N**L
    messed with signal so never had to mess with dbox before dont know what FTP means but clicked it and downloaded a trial version would be greatful if you could point me in the right direction probably basic stuff lost at the moment.

3. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Use filezilla for instance and read the readme file.
    The IP's from pc and box must be in the same subnet.

4. BISH

BISH Regular member

ok thanks again will give it a try and post the results

5. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Userid is root and password is dbox2

6. BISH

BISH Regular member

I can see a busy Sunday afternoon ahead LOL
    Thanks again

7. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Come on, ftping is a theme for 8 year old school boys.
    You should be able to learn a handfull simple steps.

8. BISH

BISH Regular member

Im gonna give it my full attention as soon as the guinness wears off
    and if that fails ill just stick an ariel on my roof.

9. BISH

BISH Regular member

tried to ftp channels to dbox but no luck ruined my Sunday anyway
    i am tryin to get hold of the dbox command centre because i read that this is probably the easiest way to do the transfer so if anyone
    out there has it please let me know.By the was the problem i had was my laptop would not connect to the dbox i could flash it ok but thats life..

10. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Ftp is ftp independent which programm you use.
    Both devices must be in the same subnet. I wrote it above.
    Connect box and pc with a crossover network cable and set box to 192.168.0.24 and pc to a fixed IP 192.168.0.2
    192.168.0.xx is the subnet.
    At the dbox save settings after that and restart the network.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  11. BISH

BISH Regular member

Hi again I used flashfxp put in the dbox ip 192.168.2.12 user= root
    and password= dbox2 then hit connect. also set local area connection to 192.168.0.2 on laptop but kept gettin no host

12. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

192.168.2.xx and 192.168.0.xx is not the same subnet.
    You have to decide which one you want.
    Set pc to 192.168.2.2 for instance.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  13. BISH

BISH Regular member

Ok mate will try again tomorrow and post results think i know where i went wrong,thanks again.

14. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

mgb is right.setting up the network is childs play.look up other forums to learn how to do this.regards,

15. blobert

blobert Member

Hi there,

My Nokia D-Box running Sportster 1.7 was working fine till I cancelled ntl digital (thinking I no longer needed it) the other day. n*l managed to disable the 2 ntl digital boxes remotely (when you plug it in now it does not pick up the channels).

However since then my D-Boxes will not work either. They pick up the EPGs for all channels but only RTE2, TV3, Channel 6 show a picture (this was the case when I had CAM trouble before, ntl have been doing work in the area so I had to change between CAMs before to get it to work).

I've tried everything I can think of, the 2 CAMs that worked before; EVOCAMD and EVOCAMD Alt do not work any more. I tried enabling only Nagra Rom 7 and code 001A as recommended by others and it wont work, I left it for ages and it will not update. I have not been able to upload MGCAMD successfully, though from what I read on other threads it seems as though this CAM is now not working for a lot of people anyway.

I did not think it was possible for n*l to cut off the Digital Channels from my house (the fact that a few of them still show up implies the digital signal is still there) but I cannot find a way to get around this.

If somebody has a current and working Sportster 1.7 image for Dublin with working CAMs, service files etc perhaps they might be kind enough to upload it so I can try it out. I've spent the whole day trying to fix it with no progress, missed the La Liga games and everything, very annoying!

Any advice, suggestions or working images would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Robert

16. TheTurk

TheTurk Member

I have heard that N*L have sent done something that causes the key autoupdate to stop working. This may be the cause of the boxes stopping working. Aparently when the codes change again, the boxes will not autoupdate. There are reports of dbox, euromax, starview and dreamboxes all going down, anybody know anything about this?????

17. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I had a lot of problems over the weekend. Had a sagem 1x on 1.7 in a mates house, brought it to another and it was working. Put on blade and got nothing, put on commando, sporster, JTG, nothing on any, tried all sorts of cams/ucodes, left for ages and nothing. The SIG was only about 19000. I brought it home and put my working blade image on and it worked straight away. Then my sagem 2x lost all but the FTA channels. They came back again though, but the SIG was a normal 26000.

I have had no reports of any 1.7 nokias going down, a 8.2 nokia had to be rebooted but that is it. My own subbed ntl pace box has lost all but the FTA channels, and so did my mates. I also had reports of my blade image not working to people I emailed, so I have another one ready now.

NTL have released a new channel, “bubble hits” a chart music channel, when I rescan all the frequencies are slightly off and unwatchable so I edited my original services.xml and have it to email if anybody wants it. A few new channels picked up with no picture, “UPC (something)”, “radio”, “guide”, “PPV” (a third PPV)

18. lie1

lie1 Member

Ruprect
    Could you e mail me that service xml file.
    Also thanks mgb17 but where can i get the latest irish chorus xml file.
    Would appreciate if anyone could send me services file for glasnevin area or also nass
    have commando 8.2 image set for dublin if any wants it.

clive1980@gmail.com

Thanks

19. lie1

lie1 Member

Could anyone tell me the signal strenght required for d box 2 and can I see this on sportster 1.75. I know it comes up on sportster pro on all channels. Think this could be the problem with a dbox in glasnevin thats only picking up 54 channels and some of these are blank but the program info comes up on 142 channels when I re flash it and ftp services and boequet files. I have tried signal booster but dosn't seen to make a difference.

thanks

20. stuart1

stuart1 Member

I have had the same problem with my nokia dbox over the weekend - black screen displaying EPG.

I have flashed the box with multiple images - sportster and commando with no improvement.

I am currently running sportser 1.75 and only see a few channels (inlcuding some movie channels).

If anybody can help me I'd really appreciate it - only have the dbox a short time too.

If anybody has up to date service files etc please pm me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.