1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romulet

romulet Member

I have a big problem. I got my dbox on monday. It had the wrong image on it so I flashed it with sportster. All went good. I want to upgrade the image to the latest sportster. Now I went to flash it again. It failed half way through the process. Now it tries to boot and the sportster image boots up to the startscreen only. I had disabled the on screen messages. It says no kernal on the LCD. What do I do ? Please help. :(

2. mikeecho

mikeecho Member

In in cork with Ch0rus MMDS, what STB can i use, other than a DM500T or DM600T (or the rest of the Dream family)

3. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

4. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

My sagems on blade gbox 001A with only nagra 7 kept freezing on RTE2 (a FTA channel).
    They needed the channel changed over and back again to recover. On others they might go black for a second or 3 at most and autorecover.

I put on JTG which has 0014 as default. This seems OK on my 1x.

Then I put on commando 8.2 on my sagem 2x, it froze. I have only nagra 7 enabled, and on evocam, 001A. So I changed to 0014 and it seems stable so far (but too soon to be confident).

If you are having problems in dublin give 0014 a go. Same goes for blade, I never tried it on blade but if commando acts up I will.

JTG has virtual zap and teletext so I am pretty happy with it.

5. srevor

srevor Member

I think I now see where I was going wrong if I make these changes it should work. I hope, I'll give it a try this evening if my wife doesn't kill me for going near it again. This dbox has been getting more attention than her for the last three days!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

USB DVB-T stick with BDA drivers.

7. cressi

cressi Member

I have Uploaded the cables.xml to /var/tuxbox/config,but hoe do I get rid of the Cable Provider searches and activate my local are only i.e Cable Provider CableUK sym6952

8. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Move the highlighted bar to the provider line and select with the ok button what you want.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  9. cressi

cressi Member

Sorry my fault. The only options I have are german providers and cable bruteforce (takes ages ) How do I get Cable uk Sym 6952 or bruteforce uk on the options list

10. romulet

romulet Member

I tried this but no joy. I used a straight through and a crossover cable but no luck. What else can I do ? Is their anyone in Cork that can re-flash it with a legal image for me ?

11. jamesdavi

jamesdavi Member

12. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

13. srevor

srevor Member

Mike Hunt's (good name) nokia is way too expensive at €250 Cathaldub's sagems seem more reasonable.

14. cressi

cressi Member

anyone know where i can get a uk cable.xml from

15. srevor

srevor Member

16. srevor

srevor Member

Ok i got the ftp running , i had to reset the ip address on the dbox using this guide http://techno-source.co.uk/Joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=33&topic=28.0
    I transferred the new cable.xml into the var/tuxbox/config/zapit folder where the bouqeut and old services file were. and deleted scan.conf in var/tuxbox/config. i then pulled the mains and connected the box to the tv.when i go to the scanning menu the choices of providers are the same, no ntl dublinbf. i have tried ftp a few times but i cant get it sorted. anyone know what im doing wrong? thanks.

17. romulet

romulet Member

Flashed it perfect with just cross over cable. basically have the dbox pluged out until the flashing starts and then plug it in and only then.

18. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The cables.xml goes to var/tuxbox/config and I posted it several times.

19. srevor

srevor Member

i put it in var/tuxbox/config once too and the new providers didnt show up when i reconnected the box to the tv and searched the provder line.I have set it up like it was before again
    are you saying that all i have to do is tranfer the new cables.xml to var/tuxbox/config. delete scan.conf and pull the plug. then reconnect to the tv and search the provider line for ntl Dublin bf?

I've tried that already but if that seems right i'll try it again. thanks for your patience m8, I know i must be driving you crazy by now!

20. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

In some braindead modded images the cables.xml goes to /share/tuxbox.
    Check if there is a cables.xml.
    If you ftp to the box you are landing inside the var folder. You have to go one step higher to see the share folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.