1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srevor

srevor Member

Yeah, there is a cables.xml in the share/tuxbox folder. so what do i do send the new cables.xml there? do i have to delete anything?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Right and delete scan.conf in /var/tuxbox/config.

3. srevor

srevor Member

so far so good scanning on ntldublin bf now.

4. srevor

srevor Member

Result! working fine now! mgb17 you are the man! next time your down this neck of the woods i'll have to buy you a few pints! Thanks a million. some channels jump a little when i flick channels but the settle down quickly ........... oh no! just im typing, one of the channels starts to freeze flicked up and down now its ok again. i'll leave it for a while and see how i go. it's way better than it was anyway! might need a bit of messing around with the cams. Anyway, cheers for sharing the knowledge man, I'll make sure i try to pass it on.

5. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

6. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Whats worse is they leave another cables.xml in the usual place so you have no reason to think it is not the correct location!

There was an article in todays daily mirror about nokia dboxes, had some photo of some box I have never seen before. Said they were €250 and that NTL knew about them. NTL spokesperson described them as "illegal" and "furthermore, NTL is constantly updating its encryption system which renders these devices inoperable in regards to accessing the cable signal". (shame it is their own pace boxes they also render inoperable while nokias are still fine!)
    "as part of any company's corporate soccial responsibility, we must ensure that consumers are aware that the use of these devices to access teh NTL signal is not only illegal theft but also in breach of the broadcasting act, copyright infringment."

Blade version 2 is now available at www.digitalworldz.co.uk will test it on my sagems this weekend

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  7. mikeecho

mikeecho Member

can someone scan that article and post it somewhere, please

8. mikeecho

mikeecho Member

i found that article in The Mirror, all thats going to happen is that more and more people will look into DBox's, and in turn UPC/N7L/Ch0rus will implement more measures to counter act the use of these boxs.

I know that a Dbox2 will just spend 10 sec finding the new key/code, but what about a Dreambox accessing MMDS, will that automatically find the new code, or will the user have to rescan or reprogramme ??

i'm asking cos i've ordered a DM600-T for use with MMDS

9. KinchJes

KinchJes Member

Ok quite a while ago I posted in desperation about my freezing, jamming, chirping total basket case of a sagem dbox2 which I was about to throw out the window.
    One of the experts (mgb17 if I recall - thanks a lot oh wise one) on the thread suggested that I try a gcam-based image...
    I tracked down a 1X changed it to a 2x and killed my dbox with a keine system. After that I left it for a month because I had neither a x-over cable or a null modem cable. Got both of these yesterday and rolled back to the previous image - this where it gets interesting...

Downloaded Blade2.1 for Sagem 2x (from techno-source)
    Downloaded Irish9 (cables.xml - from this thread I think)

Flashed with blade
    rebooted
    deleted scan.conf from /var/tuxbox/config
    Inserted cables.xml into /share/tuxbox
    Unplugged
    Scan on NTL IE BF (quickscan off of course)
    Left it on sky sports for 30 minutes.

Now have a ROCK SOLID signal which instead of freezing and chirping every 10/15 minutes will much less frequently go black for no more than 2 seconds and return to normal - much, much better - delighted. I also no longer need the signal booster ( which clearly wasn't the issue in the 1st place)

So having tried pacino, commando, and every variation og ucode and cam, boosted an unboosted, brute forces and imprted cable files etc. etc. ad nauseum - the solution for me at least was gcam embedded in blade 2.1 - I totally recommend it but be sure to follow the steps as detailed above

Thanks
    Kinch

10. romulet

romulet Member

Loking for cables.xml , services.xml and bouquets for chorus Cork. The latest one please as my current ones are a bit old. Please rapidshare.

Thanks

11. glic83

glic83 Regular member

the latest irish cables.xml is posted by mgb17 on this page

12. romulet

romulet Member

great all i need is the other 2 now please

13. baz25000

baz25000 Member

I Have to agree with KinchJes. The most Stable image for the sagems X2 is the new Blade 2 image. I suffered from freezing picture with commando 8.2 and sportster 1.7 uk tried a few others aswell Blade 2 is so stable on Sagem X2. Great will never need another image

14. srevor

srevor Member

Same here, I've got Blade running on a sagem 2x, and with a lot of help from people on here ive got it running perfectly. I took a while to figure out the cables.xml goes into share/tuxbox and not var/tuxbox /config.

15. SG8

SG8 Active member

NEVER say never!!

16. SG8

SG8 Active member

Where did ye all get the Sagem X2 Blade image? could only find a 1x blade on techno.

1x blade is working well on a Sagem 1x box so would like to try the 2x image on another box.

Thanks

17. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

Just convert it to 2x without bootloader with Imageworks.

18. SG8

SG8 Active member

Jaysus, Is there nothing simple with these things?? Will give it a go, thanks

19. bassy777

bassy777 Member

my atmega163 card has gone down only a hand full of channels on it now,all the premium channels are scrambled on chorus mmds.
    it was auto updating but it is not any more,anyone know where i can get a atmega chorus au file or funcard file thanks.

20. jaypea1

jaypea1 Member

Looking for help...
    My sagem 2x is freezing occassionally. It seems to be worse during the afternoon. At nighttime the pictures are great.
    Any solutions...Please
    I have sportster image 1.7+ 05

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.