1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KinchJes

KinchJes Member

At the risk of sounding kranky...There's about 4000 possible solutions in the previous 56 pages of this thread!!! Make some tea and start at page 1, make notes about suggestions, acquire the various bits of software necessary to change images and to repair the sagem when it breaks because the image is 1x instead of 2x or whatever(if you don't have them already), get a null modem cable and a cross over cable (if you don't have them already), download some images, apply them, review the image quality and reliability, etc etc. As per a post I made the other day I found that blade image totally rehabilitated my Sagem having tried pretty much every other flavour of image - sporster, commando, pacino, multiple cams, multiple ucodes, boosted, unboosted, bruteforced, cable files, and every permuation thereof - a total pain in the arse but it sdeems that no two boxes/locations are the same and what works for me may not work for you (I am N*L,analogue cable, dublin city).
    Cheers
    Kinch

2. jaypea1

jaypea1 Member

Thanks Kinch
    I am also on N*L analogue, in D15. If you think the blade image might work for me, please direct me to get one.
    jp

3. KinchJes

KinchJes Member

Hi Jaypea1
    On page 55 of this thread I have a post describing the process in enough detail to get you over the line - pay particular attention to the location of files - you will find the most recent blade 2x image on digitalworldz.co.uk

good luck
    Kinch

4. mullingar

mullingar Member

Hi Guys, Im thinking of upgrading from my current telly to a HD ready LCD. Currently I cannot get the Sky HD channels ( i think they are sky movies 9 and 10) my question is that if I get this TV will I be able to receive those channels?

also, im using commando 6 on my sagem 1X in Dublin on N&L and lately it seems to be freezing an awfull lot.... Anybody else having this problem? Otherwise its great and hasnt given me any troubles whatsoever.

5. mikeecho

mikeecho Member

You will need a HD STB, I don't think that your sagem is a HD STB. (stb=set top box)

Basic answer, is NO

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  6. mullingar

mullingar Member

Doh....well that answers that.... :(

7. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Dont think ntl/upc broadcast digital in ireland. I think in the uk normal def verions or 9 & 10 are broadcast, co might be here soon. Try blade for the sagem

8. cressi

cressi Member

anyone able to bypass the pin request for some of the sky channels ?

9. benifa

benifa Regular member

Are you sure you're in Ireland?

10. cressi

cressi Member

oops wrong forum SORRY

11. agentg

agentg Member

Hi,

Gonna ask some really newbie questions.

What box will buy?
    Where will I buy it?
    How much should I pay?
    I was told starview are the best, is this true?
    And if I buy the box will I have access to must channels???
    Can I get it in HD????
    Will the box codes update themselves????

Sorry for all the questions, just curious.

I'm in South Dublin and use ntl

Thanks a million

12. mikeecho

mikeecho Member

What box will buy?
    -Something with a DVB-C tuner, maybe a Nokia D-Box2

Where will I buy it?
    - e-Bay

How much should I pay?
    - €160 - €190

I was told Starview are the best, is this true?
    -I dunno

And if I buy the box will I have access to most channels???
    - Yes

Can I get it in HD????
    - NO

Will the box codes update themselves????
    - To the best of my knowledge YES

13. agentg

agentg Member

Cool thanks, I read some where that there's a lot of clones and fakes. Is there any way of telling which is which?

14. cathaldub

cathaldub Regular member

only buy from a trusted seller
    or me

Starview or eurovox for ease of use

DBox is better for the techie who wants to link the box with PC/Laptop for recording and watching movie files etc

15. cathaldub

cathaldub Regular member

I sell sagem D-box2s for €150 and starviews the same BTW and im in dublin

16. agentg

agentg Member

Which is better Starview2 or Eurovox?

I've a good few movies on my laptop so I wouldn't mind being able to do that.....

What prices you selling for?

17. bassy777

bassy777 Member

hello cathaldub
    i had a atmega163 au card working fine,but now i only get a hand full of channels while the rest and all premium channels are scrambled.
    i see ape and chaos are out for atmega and funcard,but these are of no use to me as there only for ntl,tw and cw.
    i was using chorus toxic 7 atmega files,but i cannot find any new files and wondered if you can please help me out on this,your help would be greatly appreciated cheers bassy.

18. blobert

blobert Member

Hello,

I was recently having trouble with my Nokia D-Box and got an image from Ruprect (Sportster 1.7) that worked fine.

I flashed the same image to another box and left it unused for about 2 weeks. Then when I tried to use this box it would not decode the channels even though the identically imaged box was working fine.

The box that I had left plugged in is still working. I had a look and it seems the Keylist has been updated, most recently on June 22nd with the following:

N 5401 01 49ECA40C4FA030C6 ; ROM7 AU Key Time Fri Jun 22 17:27:30 2007

Why is it that the same image on the box that has not been used for two weeks will not update when plugged in for a while when the update is clearly working on the box that has plugged in all the time? Is it that if the keys change a few times the box cannot catch up?

It's a strange situation. My brothers box in the same house has been working fine despite n*ls repeated messing with codes. Also the box that had not been updating worked on n*l in another area (Bray) but will not work in the area of Dublin I live in (tried with 3 different connections), it's strange. Eventually I just copied the image from my working box onto the one that wasn't working and it's fine again but this has not happened before.

Ruprects image was previously bulletproof but it seems now as if I need to keep a box plugged in all the time to keep it automatically updating.

Is there any reason why this is happening and anyway around it. Like I said I am using an image that is stable and has previously had no trouble.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Robert

19. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

Check the ROM files: They are causing the errors in the AU = {2}. Peeps are posting images and backups and the files are not correct !!!! Why do you think that the EVox works so well ???? or the new Starview fix ?????

20. agentg

agentg Member

Is Starview 2 any use?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.