1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brock8769

brock8769 Member

For BrenIRL

Back on line. HOw do I get to your image. Again many thanks for help.

2. BrenIRL

BrenIRL Member

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XUFLF0XW

Commando 8.2_Dbox2_x2.rar

Password for rar archive is forums.afterdawn.com

If you are able to ftp this *.img file to the tmp directory you just need to choose "Flash without bootloader" from the service menu and wait about 5 min.

Settings in image:

IP address:
    192.168.2.3 255.255.255.0

Username/password for accessing Winserver:
    user: dbox2
    Pass: dbox2

Mounting a share on 192.168.2.2 called "dbox2" (My PC)

version=0820200705071838 creator=nitr8/tapper imagename=commando homepage=http://www.team-commando.co.uk/ update=http://www.team-commando.co.uk/updates/

Boxtype Nokia videooutput S-Video videoformat automatic

Nagra10.bin is deleted from this image btw to avoid any issues with the keys autoupdating.

Also, if you are going to ftp to the dbox once you've flashed it with this image the user/password is:
    root
    commando

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  3. brock8769

brock8769 Member

Your a star. Know anywher I can get you a virtual pint.

4. BrenIRL

BrenIRL Member

No probs squire.

5. mossyd

mossyd Member

If anyone can help me with this, or point me in the right direction, much appreciated

6. blobert

blobert Member

Hi guys,

Having a very strange problem, hoping someone could help.

I have a perfectly working Sportster 1.7 image on one of my Nokia D-Boxes. I copied this image on into the temp folder by write one partition/flash without bootloader (its called mtd3 by default). FTPed it to my computer and flashed it using IFA to another (identical) Nokia box. It seemed to work fine and the box loads up but when it comes to the channels it says "Waiting for time" and then "Error, channel not available". This really confuses me as it should be a direct copy of an image that works fine with my cable connection.

I tried on another box and the exact same thing is happened.

I tried flashing one of the boxes with another image that previously worked and the same thing is hapening. I was previously flashing boxes with no problems so I'm really confused with what's going wrong.

I thought there might be something wrong with IFA or my computer but this seems unlikely as it seems to flash the image fine, the box loads up, but I get the error message then as though there was no signal.

It's driving me mad, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Robert

7. brock8769

brock8769 Member

Guys I think I screwed up. I gratefully received a new image for my box from brenirl. I proceeded to use flashfxp to FTP it to the dbox. It took a few attempts to do so but eventually I got it on. I then went to service – image . - flash write read. Read the image , it found an image name so I then tried to write single partition without bootloader. The box failed to reboot after it said it had successfully don its business. I manually restarted, plugged it out etc but it kept returning to the original settings which had stopped working a while ago. This is when I messed up. I read another image already on box and different to the one I had been trying to get going. The box restarted but with something called KEIN System. I have no control of the box at all now and cant get into it at all. I suspect KEIN is a very bad thing. HELP PLEASE. What the hell do I do. Is there anyone who can help. I need an idiots guide or someone I can drop box off to to get set up again. If that is possible.

I bow my head in shame. Yes I am a disaster zone but willing to learn. These Dbox's are not easy for the likes of me. Again I plead for HELP>

8. BrenIRL

BrenIRL Member

No worries.

See here:
    http://www.world-of-digital.com/DBOX/DBOX_2_FAQ_V1.htm

Specifically here:
    http://www.world-of-digital.com/DBOX/{8cc8ee20-8cdb-42d1-b3d9-9136d060dd2d}.htm

Install the Imageflashingassistent downloaded from here

Your Dbox should be plugged into the same router as your PC before you proceed (or else you need a crossover cable...special cable to connect the PC directly to the back of the dbox)

I assume your good to go as your were able to ftp to it.

Run it and specify the image (either original or mine) and click "Start"

Then, reboot your dbox by holding down the ^ arrow and the off button at the same time....this may take a couple of attempts.

The software will see the dbox and attempt to begin a flash.

Once flashed, stop the Imageflashingassistent as the dbox reboots to avoid it flashing again.

You needed to choose "Flash without bootloader" originally btw (may have been worded differently on your image)

Let use know how you get on.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  9. brock8769

brock8769 Member

OK have downloaded IFA. Will try this evening again.

One question. I used a normal network cable to connect from my laptop to dbox. is this sufficient or should I get a specific cable. It worked, as you pointed out when ftp ing.

10. brock8769

brock8769 Member

Would it be safer to buy a null modem cable and if so which one with or without handshaking

11. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

If it worked with FTP to the dbox then I am pretty sure it is a crossover cable and not a "normal" one.

Kein system boxes can be stubborn so follow this guide
    http://techno-source.co.uk/Joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=33&topic=12.0

especially

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  12. kavoman

kavoman Guest

Hi folks, can some kind person help me setting up a nokia dbox....got it from germany and have no idea how to flash it or whatever else i have to do with it, if no help available ...does anybody want to buy it. contact me at, edwardkavanagh@msn.com or pm me

13. jerkyman

jerkyman Guest

Please help me!

I am on CableIE NTL MMDS BF and using a normal scan I can get about half the channels no problem. However using a services.xml file from any of my friends, the settings are all different because they are using Cable 6887. Therefore their services.xml files don't work with my cables.xml setting.

Can someone tell me if there is a services.xml file floating around specifically for CableIE NTL MMDS BF??

If anyone has It I would GREATLY appreciate it and will paypal you a pint.

Cheers!
    Halfway there.

14. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

E-mail me an address and I will send you the file....

15. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

16. jerkyman

jerkyman Guest

Thats cables.xml
    I need the services.xml file specifically for the cable frequencies on "CableIE NTL MMDS BF"

17. blobert

blobert Member

I should add, when I do a scan, it comes up as an error saying no channels are found. Like I said this, identical image is working fine in another box so when i flash it, it should work straight away.

As regards the signal, BER is at 26,000 right up the top. SIG and SNR are both about 44,000

Like I said, I'm baffled as to why this is not working so any advice would be much appreciated.

18. blobert

blobert Member

There is definitely a problem with the software as when I turn the box on without the tv cable plugged in it gives the same signal readings (even when there is no signal).

The box that is working when plugged into the same source gives BER of about 200, Signal of 46,000 and SNR of 64,000 and works fine.

The problem is not with the signal and I dont think it is with the boxes either. The image that I am flashing to them is working fine on one box but not on the others.

I cannot work it out.

19. brock8769

brock8769 Member

Thanks guys.You are fantastic with all the help. Bbox is running again but I now have another prob. I did a service sccn despite all channels been there when reflashed. It only picked up two transponders. now only have 15. Should I reflash or is ther something else I can do. I can ftp to box. Using commando 8 which BrenIRL graciously supplied to me. Also in the N*l dublin area.

Again Bren and Ruperect thank you for you assistance to date. Holding my head up with a little less shame now.

20. brock8769

brock8769 Member

BrenIRL - I spoke too soon. Can I confirm that for FTP the pass word and user name is now dbox2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.