1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzy_G

Dizzy_G Member

Could someone give me a dig out please, i was wondering if anyone has files for Limerick area on Ch*rus cable? i would really appreciate them.

Thanks in advance

2. mossyd

mossyd Member

Can anyone help me out with this?

3. BrenIRL

BrenIRL Member

Nope...user name is "root" and password is "commando"

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  4. srevor

srevor Member

If you go back a few pages you will find mgb17's cables.xml in that I think there should be mmds W+G bruteforce, try scanning that. Im on true cable and w+g didnt work for me nthell dublin bf did, so try scanning a few of the different providers and you might get lucky.

5. tammel

tammel Member

Guys- a problem.. :)

My girlfriend couldn't get Nokia Dbox 2 working this morning - all programs were locked and she managed to do something in Dbox harddrive folder - something with flashing/updating image and now dbox crashes on team commando photo and display says 'loading kernel'..

I think she was trying to update the image - but obviously didn't have the pc connected to dbox..

What can be done now?

6. brock8769

brock8769 Member

BrenIRL

Sorry for been a pain. Just before I go and do anything else can you advise me.

I am only picking up two transponders in the N*TL scan. Used to get 14. Am I doing something wrong. Do I need to add a cables.xml file that I got when using origional image (sportster). If yes do I have to erase something from dbox when I put it on. Where do I place it.

Should I just reflash.

7. htctytn

htctytn Guest

Sorry if this has been answered already somewhere else but I've spent the last two hours searhing and can't find anything.

I seem to remember coming across a message in a thread somewhere with a link to some "software" that can fix the missing lines problem on a d-box2 display.

Was I dreaming here or does such a thing exist?

If anyone has suce software or can tell me where to find it I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Paul

8. BrenIRL

BrenIRL Member

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L8E70LKS

Add these two files to:

/var/tuxbox/config/zapit/

replacing the originals.
    Once done, right click on each one and set the "file attributes" to 755.
    Reboot your Dbox for the changes to kick in.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  9. brock8769

brock8769 Member

BrenIRL

Did as suggested. rebooted and went to service scan N*L cable Dublin. Only picked up two transponders. is there anything else to do.

10. htctytn

htctytn Guest

Are N*L messing around with the signal this morning? RTE 1, 2, TV3, Sky Sports 1 etc. are all over the place... Like they are encoded.

Any ideas?

11. srevor

srevor Member

It's not software but this guide might be what you are after. I havent tried it so I dont know if it works. http://techno-source.co.uk/SMF2/index.php?topic=375.0

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  12. htctytn

htctytn Guest

Thanks srevor... Looks a little tricky but I might give it a go on my dbox to see if it works.

I'll let you know.

Cheers,
    Paul

13. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

yep...since about 8 the channels are all jumpy....and thats with nlt digital....

14. htctytn

htctytn Guest

Looks like everything is back to normal. Hopefully it was just the weather!! ;o)

15. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

yeah...mind you its not what the support line said!
    Anyway some of mine are still a bit jumpy (using the pace box)...need to observe and see what happens....

16. blobert

blobert Member

Hello,

I was told to edit the file camd_cfg and change the autoupdate function from 01 (enable AU) to 02 (AU Auto). This would apparantly allow the ROMS to better auto update and keep my box running better. Here is the bit of code in question:

# AU
    # 00 is ignored (default)
    # 01 enable AU
    # 02 AU Auto
    A: { 01 }

Now most of my boxes seem to be set to option 01 by default, and I've been having trouble with them stopping working.

I was just wondering where people here had to say about this, is it better to set the box to option 1 or 2?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

17. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

Mine are set to 2 and seem to handle the rollovers fine.

18. htctytn

htctytn Guest

Yeah same here. I would recommend that you change it to {02} and have the box auto update

19. ffc123

ffc123 Guest

Help please!
    I recently got a Dbox2 from Germany it came with neutrino and an image of sportster on it 1.10. I got the cables.xml from here flashed and scanned. All channels are present but no picture/sound except for a couple of setanta sports. I think I am close but it's wreckin ma head. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Nick.

20. glic83

glic83 Regular member

when you put on your cables.xml did u delete scan.conf?try that and then do a new scan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.