1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srevor

srevor Member

my setanta 1 and setanta golf are gone for a few days , have mgb17's irish8 file on sagem 2x. Not really in the mood for messing around with it without knowing exactly what im doing. will the irish9 file help? anyone know how to sort it out? cheers.

2. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Dunno what image you are running. If you have my service files then it probably still has sky movies 9 & 10 at the end around channel 140. In the last month or so setanta 1 & golf have been broadcast on these channels, dunno what NTL are upto, I presumed they were just testing out the channels. On mine golf & 1 are still broadcast in their old location and on sky movies 9 & 10

I think I might not have sent a few images to people who pm'd me. I have my cable back not. I will be getting the latest blade running tonight and should have it to email this week. Latest blade is trinity V2, over at www.digitalworldz.co.uk

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  3. srevor

srevor Member

yeah i have your blade2 2x but i had to update with mgb17's irish8 file and scan nthelldublinbf to get anything in Galway. took a lot of messing around to get everything running ok so i'm not mad about the idea of messing around with the box again.

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Simply backup services.xml and bouquets.xml at your pc and start then a fresh scan with the option leave current bouquets.

5. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

The frequencies changed, but only slightly, so it affected the other boxes not the dbox2's

6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The frequency change were done some month ago.
    If you use the latest irish cables.xml you should get all channels except maybe for true cable in Waterford. There is no feedback from Waterford.
    The cables.xml from ruprect doesn't include the right frequencies for NTL cable ie.
    Moving channels from one frequency to a other frequency through UPC is a other story and need maybe a fresh scan depending on the dbox settings.

7. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I remember now, so my services was always useless in galway, just a strange coincidence that NTL galway & dublin are both messing about with setanta 1 & setanta golf.

My scans from months ago are still all working fine, if I try a rescan I get jumpy channels. I might try mgb17's cables.xml , but if it scanned OK ages ago and the freequencies are still OK should it not scan again with the old cables.xml

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  8. TEDDYZ

TEDDYZ Member

hi guys have dbox in cork for 6 months now.about 2 months ago i lost half my channels (rt# 1,s## spo##s etc).think i have sportster image,
    any ideas. cheers, + keep up the good work.

9. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Well setanta 1 & setanta golf are now gone for me- ntl dublin.
    As I said earlier they can now be found where sky movies 9 & 10 once were. Anybody using my services or images should still have them up around the 140 channel area. They can be moved back down to where you want.

Otherwise you would have to rescan, all my scans have ended up with jumpy channels lately so backup your image. You can do this without using a PC, you can backup to the tmp folder and make sure you do not reboot/turn off. Then if you channels go jumpy you can load back your old image, with no need for a PC.

A kids channel Jetix seems to be gone too, and a rescan will get people the new music channel- bubble hits.

10. srevor

srevor Member

Sorry mate I've looked all around for a guide to backing up ( and reloading)an image without a PC and cant find it. Any chance you could point me in the right direction? cheers

11. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Depends on what image you have, but basically you go to the service menu, and into the "update/backup image" option, or similarly named one. Then you want to write image without bootloader. This takes about 10 seconds and will come up with a message saying "backup saved to /tmp/mtd3.img" or something similar. Now if the unit is turned off or rebooted this will be lost.

Now you can scan, if the channels are all jumpy you could try different scan options. But if you have no luck you go back into the service menu and now you are loading on the image without bootloader, when you select it mtd3.img will be there to be selected.

If you are updating via FTP you usually dump it in the tmp folder and you can see on the TV the name of the image you just stuck into the tmp folder. Again if rebooted this is deleted.

12. srevor

srevor Member

Using your blade, if i press dbox>settings >software update> expert functions> i get a choice "write whole image" am I in the right place?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  13. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Simply check your services.xml. The most frequencies in your cables.xml are 250 khz away from the real ones and that give you jumpy channels after a scan.

14. shaniz

shaniz Member

can anyone help me.i have commando 7.5 on my dbox but the channels have gone off. tried rescaning them but with only a black screen. do i have to put another image on the d.box this one is only bout 4 months old surely it should still work dont you think ?

15. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Will work for sure mail sent ............Paul

16. shaniz

shaniz Member

wat does that mean big dunc.

17. keith20

keith20 Member

i jus lookin for a bit of help. i got a dbox2 off ebay. downloaded the irish9 file for ntl scaned for the channels got most of them showing whats on. thers only 4 or 5 irish channels workin. i have sportster 2

18. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

You nned to enable one of the emu's.

19. keith20

keith20 Member

how do i do that

20. gotasmoke

gotasmoke Member

Hi guys,

I'vet a Nokia Dbox2 with Blade Trinity V2 image.
    I have the irish9 cables also.

I'm in Limerick with Chorus, like I know other people here are. But when I run a brutescan I only pick up 109 channels instead of 139.

Can anybody help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.