1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You should get the option "Chorus bruteforce" if you use the irsih9 cables.xml.

2. glic83

glic83 Regular member

hey mgb17 i was helping him out,irish 9 cables file with chorus bruteforce and for some reason doesnt pick up the rest of the channels,i have set up mostly sagems all pick up 139 tv but when i helped another person bout a month ago he only got 109 tv with his nokia dbox seems a bit strange

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  3. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Maybe a problem with the signal strength.
    Try your services.xml at the other box without scanning. The services.xml belong to var/tuxbox/config/zapit

4. glic83

glic83 Regular member

yeah sent him them hopefully it will sort out the problem,but with the last 1 i tried a sagem got the 139 and one the same line when i tried it with a nokia only got 109

5. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Maybe the signal is a little bit too strong.
    The nokia tuner is more sensitive.

6. glic83

glic83 Regular member

didnt know they were more senstive,what is required to reduce the strenght?

7. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You can use an adjustable attenuator.
    Check first the numbers for BER. Higher numbers for BER could indicate a problem with the signal strength.

8. blobert

blobert Member

Hi there,

I'm having a bit of an unusual problem. One of my Nokia D-Boxes seems to have a very weak receiver compared to other boxes and so needs a booster to work.

I got a booster from Argos, plugged it in and it worked perfectly for about 2 days. Then the booster just stopped working, the signal was weaker going through it than without it.

I brought it back and got a replacement one and the exact same thing happened again, it worked for a few days then stopped completely.

I have another booster (a better quality all4one one) This seemed to have stopped working but then worked again yesterday although strangely the min and max power settings seemed to have been reversed, ie turning down the amount of boost improved the signal strength. Now today it has stopped working again completely.

Has anyone any idea what is going wrong here?

Is it possible there is some kind of surge coming along my n*l cable that is wiping out these boosters? If one had broken it might just have been a fault with that unit but 3 in such quick succession seems very odd?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, my Nokia box is useless to me without a booster (SNR is too low to get picture) but I cannot use one at the moment without destroying it!

Thanks in advance,
    Robert

9. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

It looks like the signal strength is sometimes good via your cable feed and then the booster oversteer the tuner.
    Its also possible the minimum amplifying of the booster is too much and you need an adjustable attenuator behind your booster.
    Try to set your booster to full gain and adjust the signal strength via an adjustable attenuator behind.

10. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Thats the right place but it should be "image without bootloader", I always get mixed up between read & write. If you go to load on a new image it will give you a selection, so if you get that wrong you are fine, but if you create an image by mistake it will write over the one you just made, so be careful.

11. srevor

srevor Member

ok, Ive backed up the image and rescanned ntldublinbf leaving current bouquets and setanta 1 & golf are still missing. Getting a channel not available message and waiting for epg. Any ideas ?

12. blobert

blobert Member

I'm having the same problem myself at the moment, not sure what is wrong? Do we need a newer services file?

13. dc69

dc69 Regular member

when sky movies 9 and 10 went a few months ago i left them in my bouqeut incase they started to broadcast on those channels again,last week they started showing setanta xtra 1 and setanta golf,these two channels then dissapeared from there normail locations,so they are now being broadcast on the channels that were sky movies 9 and 10.that still doesnt explain why they arent coming up in your scan though?

14. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Check the frequency via red button blue button and check if that exact frequency is included in the cables.xml part you are using.

15. srevor

srevor Member

Yeah 3635000.00 and its in the cables.xml

16. srevor

srevor Member

When i press red/blue Setanta 1, 2 and golf are all on the same frequency 363500.00 . 1&golf dont work, 2 works fine. Does that sound right. can they all be the same freqeuncy?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  17. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The theme is digital not analogue.
    One frequency can transport the digital data for up to 12 or 13 channels.
    The demuxer unit of the box has to sort out the digital data packets for the chosen channel.
    If other channels at the same frequency are ok maybe there is a technical problem with that 2 channels in your area.

18. srevor

srevor Member

So I should just wait a while and hopefully they will return in few days?

19. soop26

soop26 Member

I have just received my dbox from Germany with everything on it. All I needed to do was do a scan for NTL Dublin. I can only seem to get pictures for about 6 or 7 channels (rte 2, tv3, channel 6 etc) All the rest have channel info but no picture. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

thanks in advance
    soop26

20. dc69

dc69 Regular member

have you got an emu enabled?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.