Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Hi guys, I'm still experienceing the same problem with Setanta, have these channels come back on for anyone?

With the premiership rapidly approaching I need to have Setanta 1 up and running to see the matches![/quote]
    The 2 channels are where sky movies 9 & 10 used to be. Any service file I have ever posted will have them. I have renamed them on my own and will have the new ones posted shortly, with a lot of extra inactive channels. Some may have wondered why I left all these on, and now you can see why. I reckon they might start doing this more to mess people around, but it also messes paying customers too.

A new version of sportster was released with gbox, I will give that a try too but it is only 2x at the moment.

2. srevor

srevor Member

Same in Galway setanta 1,golf and jetix are now the last channels

3. glic83

glic83 Regular member

where can you get mgcamd and mgcamd files?i have the magic keys from the dbox will these do?

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

I you use a gemini image try the online addon feature.

5. blobert

blobert Member

The 2 channels are where sky movies 9 & 10 used to be. Any service file I have ever posted will have them. I have renamed them on my own and will have the new ones posted shortly, with a lot of extra inactive channels. Some may have wondered why I left all these on, and now you can see why. I reckon they might start doing this more to mess people around, but it also messes paying customers too.

A new version of sportster was released with gbox, I will give that a try too but it is only 2x at the moment.[/quote]

Look forward to seeing that new services file Ruprect, you've helped me lots already.

6. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

Setanta working fine here in Dublin

7. gotasmoke

gotasmoke Member

Ok my BER is really high so I need an adjustable attenuator. I tried Maplin at the weekend but they didn't have any.

Anyone know of any websites where I can get one?

8. mullingar

mullingar Member

9. gotasmoke

gotasmoke Member

They were discontinued on that site but I did get one from here: www.beststuff.co.uk Just hope it does the job.

10. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

It depends if your signal is too strong or too weak.
    If the signal is too strong you need an attenuator and if too weak an booster.
    A variable attenuator is also good to fine-tune one of the cheaper boosters. The gain control is mostly not so good at such devices.

11. srevor

srevor Member

Steanta 1 and Golf and kids channel Jetix have shown up as the last 3 channels here in Galway.two sentanta freq are 371500.0 and Jetix is 363500.0

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  12. keith20

keith20 Member

hi! i posted earlier in this thread saying i hav scanned for channels on nokia dbox2! i recieve all channels epg but nearly all channels the screen is just black with no sound! people replied saying my emu must be incorrect or maybe not even have emu! i cant find emu settings anywhere even after i push blue button and go into xtra menu! i was wondering does anybody hav any suggestions! how can i activate it or maybe i need to download a new emu? is this possible and if so where can i download from? any help is much appreciated...thanks

13. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If you got a image without installed emus and keys there is nothing.
    Flash a UK modded image.

14. keith20

keith20 Member

would you hav an image i need! if so would you be able to email it to me! i cant seem to download from the links! if you could do that it would be really apprciated! thanks

15. padwin

padwin Member

hi, very new padwin here, could you tell me what the D 2 Boxes does, i mean do the y make it possible to view Sky Premium channells free,and must i plug the Box into my PC or does it connect to my Sky Box,reading the forum it looks very technical to set up, any info would be a help as i hope to buy one soon, also any ideas on best buy's......thanks.... padwin

16. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The theme is cable not satellite.
    Sky via satellite is not hacked. If you speak about a sky box I guess you are using a dish.

17. dc69

dc69 Regular member

if your gona buy one read and read and read agin,because theres everything you need to know on the forums here or you could head to www.techno-source.co.uk

theres nothing worse then someone who just buys one thinking they wont have to do anything computer involved to the box soo please read

you are best buying either a starview or a eurovox,both can be bought from ebay.you need to be an ntl customer you dont need ntl digital just regular 16 channel ntl,the boxes wont work with sky digital and no box will decrypt ssky digital.the boxes need to be connected to your computer to upload images to them that update the boxes once in a while you may have to do this ofton or never,depends

if you have ntl digital cancel your ntl digital and just get the 16 channel ntl,just makes everything easier(and cheaper)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  18. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I did a few scans last night and only UK 6887 worked for me. Got back all the channels (golf, setanta, jetix) and all channels appearred to be perfect. Jetix has got a new frequency, the old golf, setanta and jetix are now called "unused".

I downloaded the new service file and compared it to my standard one. Some of the frequencies have changed. While before they might be 363500000, now it could be 363000000. All the channels came in at XXX000000, while previously it was 50/50 XXX000000/XXX500000. I had noticed differing frequencies in scans before and usually it resulted in a very jumpy unwatchable picture.

I only watched for about an hour or so at the new frequencies but had no "blackout pauses" on blade running gbox on my sagem 2x. I am going to try this on my 1x tonight and watch a bit longer. Many have reported blade running perfectly on dodgy sagems so maybe all that was wrong was my frequencies were off a little.

The downloads are not working on digitalworldz so I cannot get blade trinity V2 yet, nor the sporster with gbox.

EDIT, downloads are working there now.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  19. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Your cables.xml doesn't has the xxx500000 parts.
    363000000 is the nearest for 363500000 for instance.

20. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Just checked and you are right, none of my current cables.xml seem to have the 5.
    I think my services file is pretty old, I think it was sadams. Instead of generating new ones, I usually scan and just cut and paste new channels into it, so it still has the old frequencies. Perhaps sadam scanned with a cables containing the 5. here is an example of my services file.

Sadams file was the only one that worked well for me, people say it is best to scan in your own house, and if that fails try another persons. My scan now seems OK now though so maybe they adjusted something slightly. Is there any way to find out the correct ones via some service mode on a pace box?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.