1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

2. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

[/quote]
    I checked my pace box last night and found it was using exactly the same frequencies as my old services file. I changed back and had BER 0 on all channels I tried. I created NTL DUB FAST in my cables file that scans only these frequencies.

It froze this morning on TV3 though. Never gave trouble on the encrytped channels, not even a 1 second blackout stall. Blade only ever freezes on FTA channels for me.

I tried sportser with gbox but couldnt get it to work, put keys on and it worked on evocam and mgcam, but not gbox.

I will be uploading blade trinity V2 for 1x and 2x, and my services/cables/bouquet today and will post the link.

EDIT: My 1x http://www.techno-source.co.uk/SMF2/index.php?topic=2446.msg12163#msg12163

Fekkers 2x http://www.techno-source.co.uk/SMF2/index.php?topic=2434.0

My services/cables/bouquet http://www.techno-source.co.uk/SMF2/index.php?topic=2003.0

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  3. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

I checked my pace box last night and found it was using exactly the same frequencies as my old services file. I changed back and had BER 0 on all channels I tried. I created NTL DUBLIN FAST in my cables file that scans only these frequencies.

It froze this morning on TV3 though. Never gave trouble on the encrytped channels, not even a 1 second blackout stall. Blade only ever freezes on FTA channels for me.

I tried sportser with gbox but couldnt get it to work, put keys on and it worked on evocam and mgcam, but not gbox.

I will be uploading blade trinity V2 for 1x and 2x, and my services/cables/bouquet today and will post the link.

EDIT: My 1x http://www.techno-source.co.uk/SMF2/index.php?topic=2446.msg12163#msg12163

Fekkers 2x http://www.techno-source.co.uk/SMF2/index.php?topic=2434.0

My services/cables/bouquet http://www.techno-source.co.uk/SMF2/index.php?topic=2003.0[/quote]
    nice job...

4. herim2

herim2 Guest

(Nokia dbox2 freezing Chorus area)
    Hi all, have been using the the dbox2 without any problems for a while now, past few days channels are freezing and sometimes no channels,using sportster 1.7 from benifa and all went fine,did a reflash and updated to irish cables 9 but problem remains,have no clue of cams/keys yet so any help welcome, also romote has lost the volume(nothing happens it scrolls up and down but volume never changes)not a big deal really.
    I do have true cable as one room does have a cable box so signal should be fine,but other room with dbox2 is freezing now an again,any suggestions welcome.

5. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I would give commando 8.2 a go. Sporster 1.7 is stable but has no virtual zap or teletext. I should be posting up an updated verion of 8.2 soon enough, with my new cables, and keys. It is on my mates nokia now and is stable.

For the volume, go to dbox- settings- audio,
    now down the bottom there are various settings, something like OST AVS, just select one and see if the volume works, it should work instantly, i.e. no need to reboot. Then save changes

6. Robbiel

Robbiel Member

Hi all, Im new to this as im looking for a digital reciever to watch most of the S*y packages, I was looking on Ebay about the D Box 2 is this the box I need?. basically Im looking for something to plug in and use without "flashing" or downloading some pin code to make it operational. I live in Tallaght and connected to N*l (upc). any help on this would be greatful
    Thanks in advance
    Robbiel

7. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

Hi mate,
    I am in Tallaght also sent you a pm.

8. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

It is rare enough, unless it happens to be an Irish lad selling, or a UK guy who put on software that happens to scan correctly.

9. Robbiel

Robbiel Member

Thanks but I've heard some bad things about Starview and I've been steered away from them

10. herim2

herim2 Guest

Thanks for that ruprect managed to get the remote working, flashed to commando 8.2 and put keys and cams in but no joy could only get freeview, now back to sporster 1.7 and irish cables 8 which did find all channels but everything in black and white,did a reflash but still the same,changed scart but again nothing.This nokia dbox2 was working like a dream a few days ago,anyway how do I get colour back again,I may have turned something off/on unknowingly,thanks for the help.

11. dc69

dc69 Regular member

well if your not prepared to flash images and set up networks etc dont get a dbox 2.the eurovox max will suit your need perfectly search for it on ebay

12. irishstu

irishstu Member

im in tallaght too,my mother has starview and has nothing but trouble with it,but she bought it off a friend,if i can i use these forums to resolve it,but i have dbox2 sportser x2 sagem n#l and sometimes lately just getting frozen images,i have dbox set on timer to shut off at night and it freezes the box completely,never had any trouble with it before,just since the whole code change thingy,anybody else from tallaght had or have any similiar problems/or a way suggestion to resolve it,thanks

13. Turk73

Turk73 Member

Irishstu, I am having the exact same problems in Tallaght too. DOnt know what to do. I got the blade image and am going to try that tonight. I read that it fixes the sagem dbox2 freeze problems.

14. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I posted the very latest blade up there blade trinity Version 2. The 2x comes with all the dublin setups. Dunno what fekkers 1x is like, I didnt want to double post the image, I have the dublin 1x too if you do not know how to FTP my services/cables/bouquet across.

On blade the cables goes into /shared/tuxbox
    Or something similar to that maybe share/tux

You will find it, there will be a cables.xml in there already

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  15. EC74

EC74 Member

In Blanchardstown guys and I'm havng the same bother. I have a 2 Chip Sagem DBox 2. Think I need software update, I have version 1.8 I'm told 1.10 is the latest, this make sense? Maybe I havent a clue not sure, suggestions please ?

16. scoopster

scoopster Member

hi
    does anyone have the most recent services.xml for dublin
    any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

17. Robbiel

Robbiel Member

Thanks for the reply dc69, i googled "eurovox max" and it's from the same company that make "Starview" but is the "eurovox max" a better box? and for £115 (€170) including shipping will there be no need to update the system from time to time?

18. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Hahahah PMSL ..................Paul

19. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

Check the eurovox max topics before you decide mate,you may have to update the firmware from time to time but you would have to do that with all the boxs.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  20. shaktoo

shaktoo Member

Hello , i got hold of dbox2 yesterday and have been in an endless loop of trying to get channels.. so i flashed commando8.2 ( only one i could findonline) and its working... but i only seem to be getting around 40 or so channels.... i am trying to find what can i do... by the way i am in Lucan, Dublin, NTL cable.
    anyone has sposter or blade trinity pz or any idea how to get ALL the channels please help... i have been scanning endlessly since yesterday...any help appreciated .. thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.