1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoopster

scoopster Member

sorry but how do i add the keys! are they something i have to download and transfer like services!!
    thanks mate!

2. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Thats correct mate keys or magic files both the same
    They are FTP d to var keys folder
    comadd to 755
    And stick iot on ski sports one to update
    If you cant find them get back and ile sort you out
    Just doin some div x movies ................Paul

3. scoopster

scoopster Member

no joy found keys but it made no difference maybe im doin it wrong im just typing the ip of the box wiyh / after and putting them in the keys folder as i put the services in the config/zapit is this ok because if i try ip/var/keys it says error make sure you have premission to acess this folder! and details: 550 failed to change directory!! Confusing as it all new to me im not up to speed on computers an stuff also i have no idea what you mean by comadd 755 or iot on sky sports!

4. SG8

SG8 Active member

iot on sky sports..........is just a typo. He means stick it on Sky Sports for a while.

5. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Just ftp to your box
    Open the var keys folder on your box
    That will be empty
    On your pc side of the ftp
    Open the magic files or keys folder
    Highlight all the contents
    Right click And transfer all to d box
    When done on the d box side highlight all the files you just transfered right click And change attributes to 755 bottom left
    Thats it Put it on ski sports 1 and wait ...............Paul

6. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Cheers mate LMFHO................Paul

7. scoopster

scoopster Member

cheers it came right there for a min but gone again do you know what comadd 755 is?? and which is best commando 8 or 8.2

8. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Told you above mate
    Make sure you enable your soft cam
    D box
    settings
    Softcam enable megcam or restart it .............Paul

9. scoopster

scoopster Member

sorry i missed that post cheers its doin me head in ill try in in the morn! thanks guys!

10. eddub

eddub Member

nice job...[/quote]

Thanks Ruprect! It works fine, do you know what is the user and password for blade trinity x1? Thanks

11. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Should be root & dbox2

To "cure" the dodgy setanta where the screen on the right is dodgy, just go to settings- video- now pick 4:3 LB or 4:3 PS. But when you go to other channels they might look odd, autoformat works best for me.

12. eoinf

eoinf Member

yeah changing that setting works on setanta but makes everything else look messed up. just annoying not a problem per se. it only seems to happen when setanta are broadcasting stuff in 4:3 ratio. when the premiership is on its fine. strange problem. doesnt happen on any other station.

one other thing i have noticed. is my mute only stays muted for bout 10 mins . is there a setting somewhere for this.

Cheers

Eoin

13. mullingar

mullingar Member

I flashed the Blade 1X image Friday because my commando 6.2 image was chirping and freezing alot!! The Blade image still freezes though, not as much as commando did, but still quite annoying. Anyone have this problem or is it just me? Im in Dublin on NT£.

cheers guys.

14. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I only get full freezing on FTA channels, I get blackout freezes on others that recover themselves, on the FTA it requires a channel change to unfreeze. I have never had to reboot though.

Are you using gbox?
    I am testing other ucodes at the moment, I noticed the new blade can with vortex chosen as default, but the creator is in the UK it might be more suited then

15. mullingar

mullingar Member

I have a sagem 1X Ruprect. I think it was your Blade image that I put on it though. Yesterday while watching E4 it was terrible. Screen started going all haywire and pixelated. Normally I do a channel change but I needed to reboot Neutrino. The strange thing is that when I am watching the sky movie channels there is never a problem... confused as Im fairly new to this. I flashed the image but used my cables and bouquet file from previous as when I first flashed the blade there were no channels found.

I am also using a signal booster. Would that be it at all?

16. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

My image should have been set to gbox as standard. If using NTL dublin the channels should have come in OK, but it can take 20mins to decode. If you only change bouquet & cables then it should be the same frequencies as mine. The frequencies are held in the services file. I found that no scan in any cables file I found could have produced the service file I use. If you replaced the service file then your old one could be different frequencies.

Also try without the booster, try it via a dvdrecorder or video. My mates argos booster is overheating and not working well. I have read others have gone through a fair few. Most seem to recommend a big yellow one on ebay, but it is €45. Cheaper to get a nokia in the first place.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  17. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I have seen the setanta screen issue on 2 different pace boxes. You could probably get it to happen on a dreambox too. Go to setanta and mess about with your dreambox settings, 16:9 should get you the problem.

18. mossyd

mossyd Member

Just wondering, does anyone know if the new Liverpool TV channel will be available when it comes out ?? If so, can I get my dbos ready for it before it does come out?

FYI on Nokia DBOX2 Ntell in Galway with Sportster image .. all working fairly good

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  19. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I heard it is coming soon. Dunno about galway, I imagine it could well appear on one of the old channels, I have about 8 channels at in my images/services with nothing on them.

20. mossyd

mossyd Member

Thanks ruprect, I have mine cleaned up so no blank channels. If it does happen to show up for you please pm me, thanks

Another question .. got recording working to laptop .. but I am not sure if it is possible via the dbox2 to watch a film I have on the laptop on the tv .. have other means but would be handier this way.. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.