1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG8

SG8 Active member

I heard (read?) somewhere that NTL would not be carrying this channel until Jan2008, can't recall where I heard it though so it could be codswallop!

Edit: Checked this again and according to the Liverpool website, Setanta will be including this as part of their 8 channel package which means it should be available as soon as they start broadcasting (Sept). Come on the reds!!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  2. Robbiel

Robbiel Member

Can someone tell me why my friend that has a box "installed" by an N*L engineer, why he has all the movies and sports and he never has had to "flash" the box. He has had it for the last 2 years?

3. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Just Lucky i guess.....................Paul

4. mullingar

mullingar Member

Hi guys. I have the (Blade_Trinity_V2_Dublin_Sagem_1x) installed on my Sagem since last week. Its feezing alot on me and this morning I could only get the sky Movie channels and none of the other FTA channels. Even Sky news was freezing and chirping terribly. I had commando 6.2 and switched to this Blade image on Friday hoping it'd work. It is slightly better, but does anyone know an image that will not freeze at all on Sagem 1X in Dublin on NT£?

Really need help on this. Is anyone else having this problem on the new Blade image?

5. srevor

srevor Member

I think you can watch movies through VLC player on your laptop via dbox2. I havent tried it yet but it shouldn't be too hard to find some info on it.

6. ronin2009

ronin2009 Member

Hi
    i was wondering if anyone could help me regards Bouquets and undating them to get channels in order?
    i everything setup and i ftp'd the proper bouquets across to the box and replaced the existing file but still the box show the channels in the order of the services.xml file but if i go into bouquets editor it says the channels are in order. and won't change them.
    could someone please tell me how i go about arranging the channels properly? i'm using a Nokia DBOX2 sportster 1.7 dublin img and i'm on Dublin nt!
    how do i get it to stop showing channels in the services.xml format and in the order of the bouqeuts instead?

Thanks folks any help would greatly be appricated plus if you know of any easy to use english bouqeut editors would be great

regards

Paul

7. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If you upload a bouquets.xml you have to reboot the box or reload the channel list.

8. mossyd

mossyd Member

Cheers SG8 for that ... hope to get it workin here .. Sunday will be interesting!

9. mossyd

mossyd Member

Thanks srevor .. ya I found 'follow me' guides on techno-source but following them aint work for me .. even changed codes trying to get it to work but all to no avail .. will have to spend more time on it I guess .. Any ideas welcome!

10. ronin2009

ronin2009 Member

i have before well using the shutdown option. do i need to plus the plus for a proper reboot?

11. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

it is probably a pace box with the talkback disabled (so n*l cannot see what you are up to). then they create their own special card and it should work. My mate has one, but it did go down a few times. His 2 year old keeps pulling the card out, and that might have caused it, the guy who did it said he must never turn it off, or take the card out. It is down completely at the moment.

He has a nokia & sagem in the house too, both working fine. I have had a fair few nokias running in mates houses for about 6 months now, no updates needed, not a flicker/freeze out of them.

I have heard of N*L engineers installing starviews in people houses, arriving in the N*L van and with the uniform/jumper still on! And to top that the lads getting them installed were gardai

12. ronin2009

ronin2009 Member

sorry lazy typing... do i need to pull out the plug for a proper reboot

13. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If there is no reboot option in the dbox button menue pulling the plug is a possibility.
    Shutdown to standby is not a reboot.
    You can use instead the option reload channel list in the service menue if you want.

14. dc69

dc69 Regular member

no absolutley perfect no matter what setting,I cant get it to show the folding screen

15. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Good to know. Do you have a dbox too? can you confirm the dbox has the dodgy screen at the same time. It is only certain matches that get the folding screen, half the time it seems fine. Somebody else said ucode 0014 fixed it, but I reckon it was just coincidence that the match broadcast after changing was OK.

16. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Have you opened your bouquet in internet explorer?, if there is an error in the syntax it usually shows up in IE, it will have some error report as you scroll down. while in notepad/wordpad you might not notice it, can be a missing < > / etc. I think I had a dodgy bouqeut file once, and I think it just ignores it and defaults to your services file.

17. ronin2009

ronin2009 Member

I think i'm about to lose my mind with these channels lists

i have tried everything mentioned but still it pays no attention to the bouquet the box just seems to arrange the channels alphbetically
    starting with abc1 etc..

even if i try and manually arrange the channel in the bouquet editer and save setting after i arrange them and i go back into it 2 seconds later and it's back to the same again all sorted alphabetically.

the bouqet i'm using i use for chorus and it's fine have used it before for ntl too with no problems.

but i just can't see where it's getting the channel list from it's not the bouquet and not the services.xml

does any one have another ntl dublin bouqeqt?

thanks again for you help guys

Paul

18. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Why do you think a bouquets.xml for ntl should work for chorus?

19. scoopster

scoopster Member

20. Deeco

Deeco Member

i want to buy dbox2
    MULTIMEDIA TERMINAL DVB BY NOKIA flashed with latest DVB2000 Software
    Want it to work on ch$$$s mmds signal in northeast ireland could't get eurovox to work will the dbox 2 work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.