1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If looks like the scan failed.
    Are you sure you get a true cable feed.
    The 17 channels are preconfigured in the file myservices.xml and are for german premiere. Delete that file.

2. michael80

michael80 Member

ok ill delete it. i did have have the wrong services.xml file though so iv changed that and i got the channel listings back. should i be able to see the channels while its scanning?

3. alanbk1

alanbk1 Regular member

What ???

4. scoopster

scoopster Member

hi guys does anyone know if a nokia with commando 8.2 will decode chorus mmds in midlands ireland. if so does anyone have relavent xml files keys etc! many thanks!

5. glic83

glic83 Regular member

michael80,if you have the right cables files and you do a scan it will generate a new services.xml and you should pick up all the channels

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  6. glic83

glic83 Regular member

you need a dreambox 500 t for chorus mmds pm me and ill give the site where you can get a clone as they no longer make them

7. glic83

glic83 Regular member

8. wcoakley

wcoakley Member

few q's....have the dbox,workin g well but i have 143 channels,noy all hte music or the like of uk food,anyone else having havin' hte same problem? Do i do a re-scan,was told if i do i might lose others. Also there is an optical on the back which i have it going through my AV receiver and is picking up sound,but not in dolby digital when movies are on.Tried everything,Can someone help please.Cheers in advance

9. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

There is no subscriber box which support AC3. Why should UPC waste bandwidth and broadcast an additional DD audio stream.

10. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Does your cable provider broadcast UK food? Check their website or phone them to see what broadcast.

11. dc69

dc69 Regular member

mgb17 ,you said that to me before in a post you talk about it like its obvious,its not really a waste as they have more than enough cause they aint showing hd etc and if i was forking out for sky movies i wouldnt get them if they werent 5.1 but i aint gona complain :)

12. EC74

EC74 Member

My Sagem seems to be stalling a lot more lately sometimes 6/7 times in an hour - then it'll go fine for the the next few hours - Anything to help that out?

13. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

blade will help it.

14. LeftyGT

LeftyGT Member

Lads, how do the satelite d-boxes work? do you have to have a sky digi box or does the dish plug straight into the d-box?

15. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Sky via satellite is not hacked. The theme of the whole thread is cable and a little bit mmds.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  16. srevor

srevor Member

Anyone having problems with NTheLL in Galway lately? last week or so my internet and sagem 2x have been going down a lot.When I turn on my dbox i get a channel not available message on screen, sig and bitrate are 0. after leaving the dbox on for a few minutes it usually starts up but is very chirpy for a while before settling down but it still freezes more than before. Using Blade (1st version i think,not trinity anyway) and Irish8 cables file scanning nthelldublinbf. Are Nthell messing around or do i need to flash a newer image and /or update cablesxml?

17. LeftyGT

LeftyGT Member

Sorry, I thought the thread was called D-box in Ireland, not cable d-box in Ireland! I'm finished with this forum before I've even started, every time I ask something I get some a@@-hole telling me what I can and cant ask. Pity they did'nt put as much effort into trying to help somebody out who did'nt come out of the womb with a keyboard on his lap!

18. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Sky via satellite is simply not hacked.
    It doesn't matter if you accept that fact or not.

19. markarman

markarman Regular member

hi all.

i know this forum is for d-box in ireland but i was wondering if anyone could direct me to a site/forum/link.

i have a d-box in dublint and we subscribe to nthell lol and its great, however my mum lives in washington in tyne and wear in england (between sunderland and newcastle)
    she recieves several fta channels through her cable including uk gold etc.

i tried my d-box in her cable plug and did a bruteforce uk scan and got nothing at all.

does she have to have an nthell subscription ?

i did try several images but maybe not the correct one can anyone point me to the correct image ???

sorry for the lobg message and thanks for your time and patience reading this far...

cheers

20. srevor

srevor Member

She has to have a basic cable subscription, techno-source.co.uk has a download section with images, you'll have to build up your post count before you can access it though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.