1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillIdol

BillIdol Member

Perhaps I have made progres (not sure how) but I am now getting a list of 6 channels rte 1 &2 but a message is posted saying that picture cound not be descambled, how do i fix that & getall the channels

2. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

how did you get the 6? Didi you scan and they saved?

3. BillIdol

BillIdol Member

now I have nothing again, J what a mess!!!

4. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

so what have you done? Did you download and put an image on your box?

5. BillIdol

BillIdol Member

The position is that I have a 500c & cannot get it to work, I think an image has been flashed by the seller. Is there a step by step guide from start to finish that I can follow?

6. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

maybe try a dreambox forum and not the dbox in ireland one?

7. BillIdol

BillIdol Member

Yes I scanned & they saved but no picture only a list with a message saying picture could not be descambled. I rescanned & now have nothing again!! Why is this so difficult?

8. spongerob

spongerob Member

dc69 told me to do this with my 500c a few posts back, i haven't got the box yet so can't tell u if it will work or not but i'd imagine it should.
    "i use the digitalworlds 1.6.5 image, go to www.techno-source.co.uk and it is in the downloads section,in fact their is one that is a backup for dublin there aswell"

9. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

Have you a uk modded image flashed and a valid cables.xml there is lots to read at:
    www dot dbfirmware dot com/community/
    www dot digitalworldz dot co dot uk/
    www dot i-have-a-dreambox dot com/

and laurals dot com/how2dreamimage.htm

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  10. glic83

glic83 Regular member

can anyone who is on chorus tell me if they pick up the channel "trouble" as i cant seem to get it,cheers

11. srevor

srevor Member

etc. are Rangers tv, Chelsea TV, UK Racing. A scan might pick them up you if not might need to update your cables.xml. I'm using mgb17's Irish8 file at the moment. I had to scan on nthell Dublin bf to get all the channels, it's working ok in town on true cable. .I think there are about 145 channels altogether, i'll check this evening.
    Check your bouquets see if the missing channels are listed, if they are try a scan and choose leave current bouquets.
    If your still not getting them, try downloading and ftp'ing mgb17's Irish 9 file there is a link somewhere about a month ago in this thread. Scan ntldublin bf.

12. mossyd

mossyd Member

I have 90 odd channels, not including radio.

I have already downloaded and am using the Irish9 cables.xml. My bouquets does not contain any channel that I am not getting .. it has the ones that I have and no more.

I will try scan ntldublin bf and see what happens .. think I doe this already with no luck .. will try again to be sure. Will try with 'leave current bouquets' and without.

Any other ideas welcome

13. mullingar

mullingar Member

Does anyone have a working cables and service file for Ch0rus in swords?

cheers

14. BillIdol

BillIdol Member

I tried to make a connection between laptop & Dreambox I was not able to make a connection because the ip address was not recognized. I located the dreamboxes ip add on the "Expert set up" " comm set up" "ip" but it does not seem right "10.0.0.97" & netmask "255.0.0.0". I have a valid crossover cable, (it operates fine between my laptop & old pc) so it seems that I need to resolve this before I know if I have a good image to flash & complete the procedure. Any ideas?

Perseverance

Bill

15. srevor

srevor Member

No idea, Bill
    Try asking in a thread dedicated to The Dreambox.

16. 23355

23355 Member

Was hoping that maybe somebody might be able to offer me some help. Am using a Sagem Dbox2 flashed with Sportsters1.75(2x).img. After carrying out a full scan on sym6887, have managed to get 146 channels but the majority of them are freezing and sound distorted. Sky Sports channels are problem channels, Setanta Sports ok.
    Am NTL user in Dublin. From reading through the forums, think I'm needing a localised services.xml file for Dublin. Would anybody be able to tell me where I might get this. Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks JOS.

17. mullingar

mullingar Member

PM me and I will send you the details. I am in Dublin and using Sagem also. I was using commando 6.2 but recently switched to Blade V2cand it seems fine now. Still freezes on me occasionally, but rectifies itself in a matter of seconds.

18. mullingar

mullingar Member

Guys, its a while since I changed details on a dbox. Ive to do my mates this morning for him. I put blade on it the other day for him. When Im putting the services and cables file into the 'zappit' folder do I need to delete anything or add anything else? (Apart from deleting the old services and cables file)? I forget

cheers

19. srevor

srevor Member

With Blade, I had to put files into share/tuxbox and then delete scan.conf in var/tuxbox/config.

20. mullingar

mullingar Member

Do I not put the services and cables in the zappit folder then? - its been so long. When I put blade on mine I just put the image on and didnt have to change any of my file settings but mi dbox is a sagem and my mates is a nokia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.