1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spongerob

spongerob Member

hi folks,

has anyone ever got a dbox, eurovox, or dreambox etc, working in the ashbourne area on chorus cable? Would be grateful if anyone could let me know as i'm having some trouble myself!

Thanks

2. glic83

glic83 Regular member

are you mmds or true cable?

3. markarman

markarman Regular member

hi everyone

d-box user with dreamworldz 1.6.2 image installed here.

lost a few channels recently and rescanning doesny work been looking on here at the updates people are posting but although flashing etc is something i am ok with i am unsure what to do with these update files dublin 10 for example.

please can someone explain what i do once i have downloaded and unzipped these updates ??

thanks all

4. spongerob

spongerob Member

hi glic83,

its true cable as far as i know....no mmds aerial on the house, and no decoder box either, so must be true cable. have the chorus basic package, 16 channels or so. Only thing i can think of is that the chorus service is analogue only in my area...or is that possible?

Thanks for your help.

5. glic83

glic83 Regular member

it includes a new list of transponders that have been changed its your new cables.xml,when you put it on the dreambox and do a scan you should pick up channels that you lost recently

6. glic83

glic83 Regular member

i know that chorus have been upgrading there lines in a lot of places so its still possible that it still is analogue,how many channels are you picking up when you do a scan?

7. spongerob

spongerob Member

the only success i've had is when i do a bruteforce uk scan, it says it has picked up and locked onto a transponder and asks would i like to scan. When i scan it says 0 services found. I'm using dreambox 500c with digitalworldz 1.6.5, and to be honest can't find where i have to put the cables.xml file.
    Are chorus updating the lines to eventually be able to provide digital in all areas?

8. glic83

glic83 Regular member

try puttin the latest irish cables.xml into /var/etc. you should be using chorus bruteforce for your scan

9. spongerob

spongerob Member

thanks glic83,

i've placed the cables.xml file in the right place now, and i still find nothing when scanning on chorus bruteforce. I take it this means i'm in a chorus analogue only area at the moment, or is it possible that i'm still doing somethin wrong? Sorry for bein such a pain! lol

Thanks

10. glic83

glic83 Regular member

if you can try test the box at a mates place and see if you have any joy,ring chorus tommorow and tell them your thinking of going digital and find out if its in your location

11. spongerob

spongerob Member

ok cheers i'll try that. i have a feeling that it probably isn't available in my area or somethin...will ring tomorrow and try find out!

12. markarman

markarman Regular member

hi everyone

so i have a new cable.xml

the problem is i dont know where to put it on me d box.
    i use filezilla so have no problem in actually doing it its just where to save it too and do i delete the old cable.xml file first or will it just overwrite...

then i do a full bruteforce scan right ?

if anyone has the complete new image then an email or an i.m to me would be greatly appreciated. i cannot download dreamworldz1.6.5
    because i have not got enough posts.

thanks for your help

forgot to mention i am on nt hell in dublin does that mean i need a different cable.xml file ?

thanks again

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  13. glic83

glic83 Regular member

is it a dbox you have or a dreambox?i pressume its a dreambox cables go into var/etc and will overwrite the old one so no need to delete it

14. markarman

markarman Regular member

wonderful.

thank you very much its a dreambox and i simply uploaded the cable.xml file into the file var/etc on the dreambox i performed and nt hell ireland scan then rebooted the box and its back to its former self. all channels restored.

thanks again to everyone for their input

p.s. i would still love the latest dreamworldz image 1.6.5 so if anyone has it im me and i will send you my email addy

thanks again to all

15. glic83

glic83 Regular member

you can get dw 1.65 on techno-source.co.uk

16. glic83

glic83 Regular member

mgb the irish 10 cables.xml would contain the frequencys for chorus mmds wouldnt it?it should only be a matter of renaming the file terrestrial.xml?

17. markarman

markarman Regular member

only me !!!

more advice needed please....

i now have dreamworldz 1.6.5 thansk to everyone on this forum, i have added the cable.xml for dublin and lo and behold the channels are back and everything works fine, however ....

as soon as i unplug my laptop from the dreambox i loose the channels again. discovery turbo, living + 1, more 4 + 1 and i am sure a few more....

what am i doing wrong ? the xml file is uploading and actually saving on the dreambox, after the scan all is available, its only when i disconnect the laptop, its almost as if the box is recieving the channels from the internet throught the laptop.

any suggestions would be most gratefully recieved.

thaniks again to all who helped before and to all who sopend the time to read this.

cheers

18. glic83

glic83 Regular member

on a channel that you are watching press blue then go into dream menu and try changing around the tunner options the old type works best for me and do a rescan,when you say you dont have these channels what comes up on screen when you go to watch it?

19. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Cables.xml is for the dvb-c tuner and terrestrial.xml for the dvb-t tuner of a dreambox. Complete different.

20. markarman

markarman Regular member

when i originally upload the new .xml file i do a rescan on ntl ireland and get the channels fine.

then i disconnect, (unplug) the laptop and the channel disappears and the message comes up " this service is not available "

i didnt re connect the laptop and try again i did however try a rescan with the laptop disconnected and only got the same message.

i will try pressing the blue button and test different settings in there tonight,

what scan do you do with this new xml file ?

what settings do you use from the blue button ?

thanks

mark ..

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.