1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DBox problem help please

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by pilrig65, May 1, 2007.

1. pilrig65

pilrig65 Guest

i have had a DBOX2 nokia for 6 months all working 270+ channels but now all of the NTL cable channels have gone off but are still on the anderre list. i have rescanned but to no avail. can anyone help me please

2. dbox2beg

dbox2beg Member

Plug in your N*L box & see if it works.

Otherwise if your Dbox is plugged in, can you see any channels? If not, then try a reflash OR another possibilty is that your Dbox tuner is f**ked.

3. pilrig65

pilrig65 Guest

thank you for your advice, i have checked the n*l box and i can get the channels on it , i put the dbox back on and i can get terrestrial channels and some channels posted by VM (adverts)+ ITV2. can you explain how i can reflash please as this is new to me and do not know what reflash means.

4. dbox2beg

dbox2beg Member

Assuming your other channels are blank, you could reset 2 items via the remote.

If you press the 'blue' button it will take you to a menu. Within tat menu there are 2 options relating to resetting 2 items, one is the EPG and I forget what the other one is.

The options are item number 3 & 4 i believe.

If you need to reflash try here in the guides section:

http://techno-source.co.uk/phpbb/

5. pilrig65

pilrig65 Guest

Thank you for your help, i think that your right and there is an internal fault on the machine, ive bought another one from an english base and i'll put this one on ebay for spares for someone.

6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

There is nothing wrong with your box.
    The emulator software is not working, thats all.
    Restart the emu or flash a other UK modded image.

7. pilrig65

pilrig65 Guest

Hi, thanks , at the moment the box wont pick up any channels so i'll try to reflash, i think however that ive fiddled around with this box so much that i cannot find some of the menus that were originally there, but ill enjoy playing with it, and picking up some knew skills, (im a techno-numpty)is there a way to reset to original, and would that be with the reflash?

8. iluminati

iluminati Guest

hi,
    how u doing ppl

im new here , new generlly, so pls 4give my poor cyber manners

man am i spent.
    this dbox is giving me a headache, ive got the same prob as this guy only terrestrial channels etc?

im gona chekk options 3 + 4

but what to do next????

9. dbox2beg

dbox2beg Member

Try resetting the EMU.

Access this via: Blue Button > Blue Button > "some reset menu here".

Leave it on E4. E4 should come up after about 30secs, the 'other' channels should work.

10. iluminati

iluminati Guest

thanks mate for that.

ive jus given it a try and i was optimistic but it doesn't work...

the pecksy bleeder

do i have to rescan if i change cams?

i uus don't know, but im fullof hope.

11. pilrig65

pilrig65 Guest

I gave up on it and give it away to a mate of mine to let him play with it . i bought a new dreamstar of kevin via ebay for £64 and its fine, full personlised backup as well.