1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DBox provider shows Kabel Deutschland no options help if poss

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Mav1874, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Mav1874

Mav1874 Member

Hi folks

This is my first post so bear with me I am about as noobie as it gets.
    I borrowed a DBox from my mate while he is away to see if it worked ok in my house and bingo got a good few channels (40) including the sports ones I wanted. He said that was rubbish and I should get loads more. Done a channel scan and it only found the 40.
    Dont know what I have done something on the Neutrino bit but now all that shows in the Provider box for Channel Scan is Kabel Deutschland, any way I can get it to go back to show Bruteforce and the other 2 (6982 and 6887 Ithink?)

Apologies if this is a really stupid question but I done a search in here and couldnt really find a specific answer.

Think I am gonna get a Dbox anyway!

2. benifa

benifa Regular member

Seems the cables.xml file has been corrupted or deleted, and the dbox is therefore defaulting to Kabel Deutschland. To resolve, you can either transfer the original cables.xml or re-flash the whole image..

3. Mav1874

Mav1874 Member

I have gone through it again and it appears I have done a Restart Neutrino. Could this possibly have done something like corrupt the cable file? Is there anyway to reinstall the cable file without connecting it to a PC? As I say I only borrowed the Dbox from a mate and am hoping to give it back in the same condition as I got it!! Unfortunately doesnt look that way though. What would I need to connect it to a PC, I seriously dont want to feck the thing up any further.

I assume if I do a channel scan with the box showing Kabel Deutschland it will find absolutely no channels?

4. benifa

benifa Regular member

That's right.. To my knowledge, I don't think it's possible to restore your original cables.xml without connecting to a PC..

btw, here is a link to a UK/Ireland cables.xml..
    http://www.ifawilson.com/downloads/Dbox/cables.xml

5. benifa

benifa Regular member

ps.. Do you use a router or not?

6. Mav1874

Mav1874 Member

I dont use a router. I connect to the internet using the LAN connection from PC to Modem.

What connection do I need to connect to the DBox?

7. Mav1874

Mav1874 Member

Had a look around the forums and have just ordered a RJ45 Crossover cable. Will this be OK to connect? Hopefully it wont be too difficult to replace the cables.xml on the DBox and I can get it done before my mate gets back!

Is there anywhere on the forums which shows how to just change or replace the cables.xml?

8. Mav1874

Mav1874 Member

Yous have been quality and I hope to get that cable today. Got the guide for flashing images and downloaded all the programmes, basically from links on this site!

Just wondered, I cant find Commando 6 Ver 2.0 Image which is what shows when the DBox boots up, where could I get that. Also I would prefer to leave the whole image and just put the cables.xml into the right folder, does this just go in the same place as the bouquets.xml and service.xml?

One other wee thing everyone refers to DBox2, but the Dbox my mate has given me just says DBox on it and is a Sagem. It looks relatively old.