1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dbox set up

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by suzib, Apr 13, 2007.

1. suzib

suzib Guest

hey guys after i scan for channels a message comes up "no channels were found please execute a scan" another thing i found under test net work was ;-ip reachable(ping)
    default gateway unreachable
    dns server unreachable
    dbox update berlios.de unreachable
    any ideas ? cheers

2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If you don't want to enter the internet via the box you don't need that failed network things.
    Choose the right scan option in the provider line at the scan menue.

3. suzib

suzib Guest

i only have 2 options cableuk sym 6952 or cable sym6889 tried scanning with both,no joy

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You should know your cable area.
    Pure NTL is sym6887. Disabel fast scan.

5. suzib

suzib Guest

ok tried that but same resut,whats cable area?

6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Every cable area in the UK has different settings. You should know where you are living.
    Try a bouquets.xml and services.xml for your area.

7. suzib

suzib Guest

ok thanks for your time but how do i do that?

8. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Download bouquets.xml and services.xml for your area from a forum and upload it via ftp to var/tuxbox/config/zapit at your box and reboot.

9. suzib

suzib Guest

wow now im lost,i thought i just plugged this in and it played,dont understand all those abbreviations

10. suzib

suzib Guest

ok i have file zilla client on my desktop and service list for uk areas on my desktop,what next? please guys!!!

11. abbey786

abbey786 Member

you need a crossover cable, and then using an ftp program send the files to the specific directory in the box.

12. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

You need to know the IP address of the box. Have it plugged into the tv, press dbox, now go to settings. then go to network. It will show your IP address.

Now you have to type this into filezilla at the top of the screen. You also need a password, user is root, password is probably dbox2 but could be commando.

You need to connect the dbox to the PC with a crossover cat5 ethernet cable. If you have a cable lying about it is probably NOT a crossover one.

Once connected your dbox folders will be on the right in filezilla, navigate to var/tuxbox/config/zapit
    then drag and drop your services file from the desktop into that folder. Now reboot your dbox2.

When scanning you want the settings to be
    bouquet- create new
    fastscan- off

Do you even get transponders detected?

13. suzib

suzib Guest

think ive got transponder it runs thru lots of numbers(frequncies ?)
    then says in one box bo channels were found,and in another information box it says transponder scan finished succesfully