1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dbox with projector

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by dc69, Mar 2, 2007.

1. dc69

dc69 Regular member

I have a sagem dbox with commando 7.5,i was wondering am i right in thinking that the best quality i could feed to my projector would be with a scart to component video cable and can the dbox output component through the scart socket.i see that it is an option in video output settings but can anyone confirm it works.
    thanks

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

From what I can gather the Y,C signal is only present on the satellite version, and on the VCR scart. No mention of it on the cable version and I haven't tried it, but it looks like the Y,C signals are output on the CVBS pins.
    VCR SCART
    CVBS or Y/C out 1 V± 1 railways/RL 75&(C± 1 railways rel. Y ampl)
    Audio exit 0.5 Vrms/RL 10 kΩ
    CVBS (or Y) in 1 V
    RGB (or C) in ppRL 75 &/0.7 Vpp/RL 75 & C brush 0.34 Vpp)
    Status in c 0/6/12 V/R L 10 kΩ
    Blanking (RGB)0/2 V/RL 75

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  3. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The only difference between sat and cable dbox items is the tuner and the electrical set-up for the tuners.
    The scart socket set-up is the same.
    You can get a component signal via the TV scart socket if you select the the right setting in the video settings and use a matching adapter.
    The VCR scart can only deliver composite and for some sagems svideo.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  4. Timoweb

Timoweb Member

Scart to s-video adapter, change settings in commando Video to S-video for best picture.

5. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

YUV/component is better then s-video. You need a device with the matching inputs.

6. Timoweb

Timoweb Member

I run mine through a 10m s-video cable on a 92" screen and the picture is perfect. Tried component 1m cables with the box next to projector and the picture is the same quality.

7. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

There is a difference but some blokes have problems to recognise the differences.

8. Timoweb

Timoweb Member

Through RBG you can see the picture wobble on the banners a lot. S-video sorts this out ok. To get 3 10m component cables to my projector would be a pain so i used a 10m s-video cable, I was very surprised how good the picture is through it.