1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dbox

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by scoopster, Jul 29, 2007.

1. scoopster

scoopster Member

hi i have a dbox that only picks up 50 or so channels in dublin but only picture for city channel and setanta but thprogram info comes up for the rest with no picture or sound. i flashed a new image but it is worse and is in german does anyone know the best image to use for ntl in dublin and anything about the services.xml file needed and where to find either. also i have another box with network inactive so i cant even flash it as cant connect computer with it it has sportster pro on it as did the other one setting net id to ntl dublin has no effect. any help would be greatly appreciated bein two months now and cant figure it out.

Thanks a mill

2. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Stick commando 6 on them both
    And get some Dublin service files and bow k s
    Av got some here
    But mgb is the man to sort ourt your Irish probs ..............paul

3. scoopster

scoopster Member

Thanks
    Do you know where i can find commando 6 and any chance you would send me the services and bow k s you have and mgb where would one look for such a man?

Cheers much appreciated
    scooped!

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Flash a UK modded image and use the latest irish cables.xml for scanning.
    If you get the box running backup the image and flash it via nullmodem cable only to the other box with faulty network device.

5. scoopster

scoopster Member

Hi thanks a million for the help so far i found commando 6 and managed to flash it but only getting 90 channels on the scan and found some services files dont know how recent but cant get them to the box as it says network inactive since i flashed the new image does any oun know if this can be fixed through the menus or does using a nullmodem get around it and do i still use windows xp ftp with the nullmodem?

once again thanks for all the help so far at least i have 88 more channels than yesterday!!

6. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Have you set your location via the Blue Button on your Remote...Paul

7. scoopster

scoopster Member

yeah i tried that but it only 50 channels so i presume i need the latest services files but dont know how to get them on to the box with network inactive whether i still use ftp or not as i dont have command centre or flash assistant nor have i used them.

Thanks a million!

8. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Show me how you have your scan set up comm 6 is faultless....Paul

9. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The location setting is senseless for Dublin.
    Go to the network menue on the box and set the IP to your needs. Connect box and PC via a crossover network cable.
    Upload the irish cables.xml to /var/tuxbox/config, delete the file scan.conf in the same folder and pull the plug.

10. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Cheers again mgb
    I will have to stay clear of these irish matters ...............paul

11. scoopster

scoopster Member

hi guys thanks for all the help so far but this is driving me crazy for some reason the network is active again so i did what you said mgb and deleted the file scan config and pulled the plug but now bruteforce is gone and the other two and it says Kabel Deutschland and when i scan it just stops immediately saying scan finished sucessfully with no channels just like when the fast scan is on stupidely i did not coy the scan config before i deleted it so now i dont know what to do i thought i was almost there!

12. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You have to move the highlighted bar to the provider line and choose with the ok button the provider you want.
    The cables.xml goes to /var/tuxbox/config.
    In some images the cables.xml goes to /share/tuxbox. You have to go one step higher in your ftp programm to see the share folder.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2007
  13. scoopster

scoopster Member

hi guys many thanks for all the help i reflashed commando6 to replace the scan.config file and rembered reading somewhere to but service files in the zapit folder and bingo so both boxes are up and running now with 138 channels i think this is the max i can get so happy days unless anyone thinks i should have more then any sugestions would be greatly apprecieted. Also does anyone know much about satelite dboxes which are the best and can many channels be picked up or are they restricted to free to air channels?

14. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Sky via satellite is not hacked.

15. scoopster

scoopster Member

hi guys just wondering if freezing something i have to live with or can it be sorted been happenin a little over the last few days

16. tyrrelk2

tyrrelk2 Member

Hi everyone (very new to this) - just received dbox from Germany, from reading a few threads in this forum, looks like i will have to update services files as the "cableprovider options" in dbox services menu are only bruteforce, Kabel deutchland, kabel vienna etc

Does anyone have a services file for Dublin area? Any advice is much approciated

Many thanks

17. Johnb47

Johnb47 Member

Can somebody please help a newbie to all this.
    When scanning I only seem to pick up 57 TV channels in the Dublin area from 88 transponders, the fast scan is Off.
    I am using a Nokia dbox2 with Commando 7, CableUK 6887 and the location is set to Dublin.
    I have also noticed that the "time" is 1 hour behind.
    Any help would be gratefully appreciated, thanks.

18. michael80

michael80 Member

hi, i just received the dbox 2today and im a bit of a novice. i live in sligo and i have read through different forums but i dont wanna go near it just incase i f**k it up!
    it has been configured for uk tv
    -debug mode
    -sportstar 1.1 uk version image
    -uk settings bruteforcescan, linux inside
    i was told it was plug and play but i didnt receive any channels. do i need a different image. i dont have a clue! also iv read that i might need local settings for my area, how do i get these and how do i put them on the dbox. is bruteforcescan just the normal scan when u plug it in?
    any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks