1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DBOX2 - Lost Channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by fasteddy1, Jan 29, 2007.

1. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

Ok mate head on over to www.techno-source.co.uk,sign up its free and hit the guides section that should get you sorted.

2. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Yip heres a direct link, http://techno-source.co.uk/phpbb , As wiz said sign up and you will have access to the guides section. Follow the guide " Guide to using IFA"

3. fasteddy1

fasteddy1 Guest

Tam 2005
    i know this is going to sound daft but is it safe to turn off firewalls whilst still linked to interet like it say on that guide that i got from via you/ also when i go into network conections there are 2 1st say local area conection conected firewalled realtek rtl8169/8110 family and 2nd says 1394 conection Conected firewalled 1394 net adapter ? Which one do i use or do i start another one
    Sorry to be a pain in the ****

4. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

Hi mate,
    The Realtek one is the one you will use,and if you are connecting your crossover cable to this connection you wont be connected to the internet so its safe to disable all firewalls.
    You can also disable the other 1394 network.
    Just do a System Restore point before hand then you can restore all your original settings when you are finished with the Dbox.

5. fasteddy1

fasteddy1 Guest

Have just tried to flash the box as per instructions But got a message on screen in German saying
    DAS FLASHEN WURDE ERFOLGREICH ABGSCHLOSSEN,
    BITTE BEENDEN SIE NUN DAS PROGRAMM
    ANSCHIEBEND SIE DIE DBOX NEW STARTEN
    and it only had 1 option which was to press the ok button which i did then nothing for an hour >Turned box off and back on and now no LCD or wont switch on PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP

6. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

Ok my germans not great and please somebody correct me if I am wrong,its says flash successful please restart your dbox.
    Only thing I can think of that could be wrong is if you did not shutdown IFA before you restarted your box

7. fasteddy1

fasteddy1 Guest

Not getting anything out of it at all. Remote light flashes when remote pressed but no actions taken by box

8. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

You need to disable all network connections except the one connected to the DBox and flash a UK image using IFA. Once IFA has flashed, close it down and reboot the DBox by pulling the power plug from the wall and back on again.

Also, when you flashed this bad image did you use IFA or did you FTP the image to the box?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  9. fasteddy1

fasteddy1 Guest

i left realtech conection enabled and disabled other 1 as per instruction from wiz569 earlier in thread and then flashed sporster 1.7 then got message in german say it was complete,unpluged box rebooted now nothing on lcd screen or no action other than red light flashing when pressimng the rmote control Its just not doing anything

eddie

10. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Also, when you flashed this bad image did you use IFA or did you FTP the image to the box?

11. fasteddy1

fasteddy1 Guest

IFA as per instruction i got via tam2005 via guide from another site you both use ( what make you say bad image )

12. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

If the box is not starting as you say then I only hope you had a corrupted image, if that is so then downloading a new image would cure it. Look at the display when booting up the box (power off then on), do you see any numbers or letters there? If you do then the box can be recovered, if it stays blank then the box is knackered. This usually only happens if the box has been opened or something spilled in it, or you have tried to flash an image via the Box Software Update Feature and did NOT choose WITHOUT bootloader and managed to get hold of an image with the wrong Bootloader for your DBOX.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  13. fasteddy1

fasteddy1 Guest

Do not know what you meaning when you said this last part

"tried to flash an image via the Box Software Update Feature and did NOT choose WITHOUT bootloader and managed to get hold of an image with the wrong Bootloader for your DBOX."

14. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

If you copied the file to the Dbox then flashed using the Dbox SERVICES menu.

15. fasteddy1

fasteddy1 Guest

did not try to flash using dbox service menu .Tried to flash using IFA and using sportster 1.7 + uk05_2x

16. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

What about the front display as I asked before.

17. fasteddy1

fasteddy1 Guest

sorry not a bliking thing on lcd

18. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

19. fasteddy1

fasteddy1 Guest

I take no-one in uk fixes these boxes ?

20. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Try searching on Google.