1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dbox2 OSD Time

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by weetabix, Mar 7, 2007.

1. weetabix

weetabix Member

Hi, I have a Nokia Dbox2 running Sportster 1.08 2x. All is fine except I can't turn off the Time that constantly displays in the top right habd corner of the TV. I have checked all the menu's and can't find an option for it. I have searched the forums but can't find any mention of it.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to turn it off.

Thanks

2. pob2006

pob2006 Member

If i remember correctly if you press the dbox button on your remote then press the red button, that should get rid of it.

3. Supanova1

Supanova1 Member

hm i was having that same problem, and it worked for me, so thanks for that. I have another problem, I live in france and the dbox is showing the time for England, i have tryed all sorts to change the time to local, do you have any ideas ? oh and while I am here does anyone know how to put the subtitles on ? thanks for any HELP..............
    Pablo

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If you got a UK modded sportster delete the file profile.local in /var/etc and reboot the box.
    Subtitles should be page 888 at teletext or the page number your provider is offering.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  5. Supanova1

Supanova1 Member

Thanks for your help,I have a nokia dbox2 satelite version, with Neutrino.DREAM Plus v2.03beta, I just have it set up to watch free chanel on astra 28.2, do you recomend another Image.oh I and I am still not sure about how to put the subtitles on....?
    But thanks again anyway.....
    Pablo

6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Sorry, I don't know the dream plus image.
    The dbox support only subtitles via teletext and you have to choose the right page number via teletext.

7. Supanova1

Supanova1 Member

Thankyou very much anyway............you have been a great help
    Pablo