1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dbox2 please help, no channels found

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by cozzie121, Jan 6, 2007.

1. mouse31

mouse31 Member

I have a Sagem dbox2 with Neutrino image. Until recently I was receiving all channels but I have now lost my film,sport & adult channels.
    Ihave carried out a service scan but this has not retrieved the channels. I still get the display with channel name & EPG but no sound or picture. A friend of mine had a similar problem with his Eurobox but he was directed to a site where he downloaded. Any body out there with any solutions. My apologies if this is posted on the wrong site but this is the first time i as a novice have ever tried to post a message

2. markoboy

markoboy Member

3. markoboy

markoboy Member

Hi Benifa - downloaded the sportster file onto my pc via your link - sorry to be a retard but how do I now reflash the DBox? - thanks.

4. benifa

benifa Regular member

First of all extract the image from the .exe (so that you have the file ending .img)..

Next, you can either FTP the image to the box, or use IFA. The latter may be easier as there are less settings to configure..

Zappp64 has a good guide as well as the IFA program for d/l..
    http://netwave.redirectme.net/dbox/IFA/index.htm

5. risheet03

risheet03 Member

OK, I'm very new to dboxes and heres my problem, I recently purchased a dbox2 from ebay and it came with sporster image and all the channel lists preloaded, however they weren't working when i first plugged it in, so i did a re-scan and cut the number of channels in half, for some reason i'm getting about 20 bbc one's, 20 itv's and about 3 non terrestrial channels i.e. sky sports xtra. Now does anyone know how i can restore it to the way it arrived(with pre installed channels such as sky sports etc.) without flashing it, as i have no null modem port on my laptop to be able to flash it!!

thanks

6. risheet03

risheet03 Member

P.S. I live in Loughborough Nr Leciester if that helps

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  7. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Go into your SERVICE menu then CHANNEL SCAN, try BRUTEFORCE, fast scan OFF, BOUQUETS = REPLACE (or similar), SCAN.

8. risheet03

risheet03 Member

Trying that method now, hope it works, though I've tried loads of different ways and they don't seem to be working, cheers for the tip will let you know.

9. markoboy

markoboy Member

I'm trying to sort a few problems myself, but I believe that if you switch the box off from the mains, disconnect it, re-connect, switch on and leave it running on a Sky movie channel, it will take say 20 minutes or so to tune in, but will download all available channels. then save those you want into 'Bouquets' (ie movies/sports/discovery etc).

good luck - these boxes sure ain't 'plug 'n play' as our ebay friends would have us believe!

10. risheet03

risheet03 Member

LOL yeah i know, thing is with mine, is that ive lost all the premium channels during the rescan, all i had was sky sports xtra, sky cinema 1 and 2, no other premium channel was coming up in the EPG.

11. risheet03

risheet03 Member

Hey Fekker, tried your way, somehow lost more channels lol. Any ideas?

Cheers

12. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

You could try & FTP into the VAR/CONFIG/ZAPPIT folder and delete MYSERVICES.XML, that should bring them back. To find out how to FTP see one of ZAPPP64's posts for the link to his site.

13. risheet03

risheet03 Member

I'm pretty certain that i need either the services.xml for my area or the boquets.xml for my area so that i have the correct channel listings in the epg right?

14. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Yes that's correct. I never scan for channels I just FTP the dervices & bouquets files to my ZAPPIT folder & channels are there after a reboot.

15. marcdav07

marcdav07 Member

Hi do u have a link to the x1 image?
    cheers

16. benifa

benifa Regular member

No, sorry..

But it can be converted to 1x using imagecloner..

17. marcdav07

marcdav07 Member

ok cheers ill do that

18. marcdav07

marcdav07 Member

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    hi again, i managed to covert the image to x1 i scanned for all channels i got them all, but i have no picture, i think it might be the emu or ucodes? i had a commando 6 image that was perfect for a while but lost the channels
    any help appreciated
    cheers

19. kevf1982

kevf1982 Member

hi im having a problem with my d box all my channels have dissapeared it says channel unavailible for all ive tried service scan it only finds about 24 transponders then says no channels found ive tried on bruteforce and the other one which is called fast just no channels found please can someone help as im getting close to smashing it of the wall

20. molywoo3

molywoo3 Member

can box that has kabel deuchland work in england. I HAVE ONE AND CANT CHANGE THE PROVIDER.