1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dbox2 questions ??

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by fez007, Jan 3, 2007.

1. fez007

fez007 Member

Hi,

Just got my dbox2 delivered yesterday and set it up with the service files for my area and all is working well except for channel 5. Does anyone know how to get this on or why it doesnt come on?

If anyone wants service files for Huddersfield I have these. Let me know if you need them? The guy that supplied me with the box also supplied me with some images too which are available on request i.e commando6 or 5 sportstar

Does anyone know if it is possible to recieve other channels other than the standard SKy channels i.e stuff from abroad Europe, China. Do i need another image for this

Thanks

2. benifa

benifa Regular member

Hi.. I can't understand why you are not getting channels 5. Try scanning again, maybe during the night when demand is low and signal strength high..

Regarding watching channels from overseas, this is not possible with cable. You can only watch the channels that they feed you. To watch foreign channels, you will need either a satellite decoder and dish, or (if you don't mind the quality), internet tv such as www.syoktv.net for Malaysian channels..

3. fez007

fez007 Member

I dont know why I cant get channel 5. Could this be from the image that I am using or from the services file

I never actually scanned for channels. I flashed my box with the commando image then ftp my services file across. Started my dbox and presto all my channels started working.

For the channel 5 and some other channels mainly PPV (which i dont think work anyway) it sayes EPG not found at the bottom if this means anything

Any ideas

4. benifa

benifa Regular member

Rather than using a possibly outdated services.xml file, do a full scan, selecting update existing channels. This will generate a fresh service.xml..

I personally would avoid using old or other peoples' services.xml for the simple reason that it's pointless. Doing a full scan ensures you receive the channels available to you, in your area. Nothing more and nothing less. It also ensures that codes are current. If you lose channels in future, one possible reason is that the codes have changed. In which case, simply do another scan..

Do this and please post your results..

5. fez007

fez007 Member

Okay last night I did a full channel scan and after scanning something like 188 transponders it did not pick up any channels. And all my channels that I was already getting could not be found

I also lost the image too, So i reflashed the box with the image and put the old services.xml file back and got all my channels back as before.

Am i doing something wrong in scanning the channels? I have three cable providers two Sym68xx and one bruteforce. I only scanned on one of the sym providers.

Also does anyone else get the weird commentary on some channels as though it is for the blind? Can i turn this off?

6. benifa

benifa Regular member

Try scanning with the other Sym68xx selected, that should work..

7. fez007

fez007 Member

what about BruteForce?

8. benifa

benifa Regular member

Can do a last resort, but selecting the other Sym68xx should do it to be honest. It's either one or the other if you're in the UK..

9. abbey786

abbey786 Member

i have just got a dbox2 recently. first scan on cable uk sym6952 gave on 200+ channels now it only finds 100+ channels. how can i increase my channels.

the box was preloaded with neutrino, i flashed commando 6 but it did not get any channels at all.

can you tell me whats the difference between the images ie sporster, commando, davinci etc. and what do you really have to change to get more channels

regards

10. dragonx

dragonx Guest

Trial and error regarding channels and images, best trying as many images as you can and deciding on which gives you the most STABLE channels. I have personally found Sportster 1.75 & 1.8 and also The Don version 2 to be the most stable but that depends on your box and the number of chips it has I have 2 Sagem both with 1 x Intel chip (but even then there are discrepancies in which image they prefer !)

My current box gave me every channel except for Sky One (though a few artefacts in some channles)- it's taken me a year to suss it out (after trying every image I can get hold of) but last night I discovered the Coax (TV aerial) connection was bent !!! Jiggled about with a pair of pliers and 30 seconds later - every channel including Sky One and rock steady !!!

11. dragonx

dragonx Guest

Fez - the weird commentary bit can be removed (depending on the image used) by simply pressing green. You should see 2 selections for English, simply select the other one to the one already selected (i.e. from 1 to 2)

12. Timoweb

Timoweb Member

It is not called Channel 5 anymore its called Five. Do a full scan and scroll down to F it will be there.

13. fez007

fez007 Member

Thanks dragonx I will try that when I get home tonight cos it drives me up the wall

14. mick2909

mick2909 Member

Hi Zappp64,

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  15. mick2909

mick2909 Member

Hi

I too have the commentary for the visually impaired, When I use the green button the box enters into radio mode. Does anyone have any other suggestions or other images I could use.

Thanks

16. tminfidel

tminfidel Member

Which image are you using Mick?

17. mick2909

mick2909 Member

Hi

I am using sportster 1.7 UK05

18. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

some images dont have the option to change the audio feed.. however the sporster pro has this option.. thus you need to flash your box with this image

19. mick2909

mick2909 Member

Hi Zappp64

Could you send me the Sportster Pro image for the Sagem 2x chip dbox

Thanks

20. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

whats your email address